Teal Swan- CFS abuse

Empty

PQ) What causes Chronic Fatigue?
TS A) Chronically doing stuff you don't actually want to do.... I would love to make it more complicated for you, but it isn't complicated. So stop doing that.

The reason people with CF can't find healing very easily is because if they are not doing things that they don't want to do, they are thinking about the fact that they should be doing things that they don't want to do.....

Can I make fun of you for a minute?

P: err yeah.....

And so it begins...

7,000 plus views so far.

This is CFS -abuse.

https://tealswan.com/about-teal

Last edited:

Lissa

Wow. I actually watched this, and it is painful to see that poor woman tortured publically --- with ignorance, snarky attitude, belittling and blatant ridicule from TS. (Whoever the heck she is...pffft)

Horror of horrors she is even flippant about suicide.... ?????!!?

It's like... no wait - it IS... watching a bully who makes money for victim blaming/shaming. And the audience keeps tittering and laughing in support of the predator.

WTF.

Last edited:

Empty

Yes, I put the mildest ignorant comment in the OP :)
Have added an about teal link.

Its same old same old with a twist. Disappointing.

Last edited:

Empty

Had to look up CM.

The new age community is what it is.

Regardless of all that stuff, I would like to see correct acknowledgement of CFS within it. If they can recognise and label a snotty nose, a cut to the hand, a giggle, a bruise to the leg, they can learn to recognise CFS.

Its cause is not because the personality is always being serious. Not really wanting to do stuff. Being bad at relaxation and meditation. Trying out too many therapies and reading self help books. Self destruction. Worry learned from Mother. Trauma of not having people just be with you when upset as a child, or severe conditional parental love at the extreme end of the scale as a child. Only given for being good and doing. And no TS did not suddenly come down with CF just listening to this woman. How insulting (but common).

TS has just been published at the hay house - The Completion Process. Newer version of Louise Hay? In this video she criticises the woman for having self help books in her house. When she says she just reads TS now, TS tells her to throw them away too because we (people with CFS) would use the completion process incorrectly to destroy ourselves. (good built in reason for the completion process not working for those with CF - we would do it wrong. And yet there is nothing wrong with us).

I don't know if the two women with CFS on stage are part of the "Teal Tribe". The woman is certainly in awe of her.

She has 333,592 subscribers on her you tube channel, a forum and dedicated community. She trains and certifies therapists. I don't think she has any psych qualifications, but I do not rate them either, personally. She is a Mum of one I think.

I find some of her ideas pioneering. She calls out a lot of the BS in spiritual communities eg: on energy vampires, on the law of attraction. But often replaces rubbish with fresh rubbish. I started a thread on her video F*ck the law of attraction.

The CFS spiritual community still has fear of energy vampires, of not being positive enough, fear of allowing people to express themselves as they are and how they like, and these are all helpful steps forward to release. What a sentence that is.

I did like her bit on accepting that its ok to feel like shit, sharing that you feel like shit, talk about your problems to people without fearing that you will bring them down, or without fearing repercussions, of being changed, of being authentic in order to connect. However people are not open. People really don't want to hear. And most people have no idea of how to hold a space for you in unconditional love. So it leads to frustration, anger and all sorts. Just because all those people turn up to a show about peoples problems doesn't mean that they do that in life. I think doing this is called being a "mood hoover", or a "drainbow".

She would be speaking far differently if she had contracted and endured CFS herself. She appears completely ignorant of the disease process and here she is trying to nudge the woman out of it.

Maybe this disease is something she may research better and have a re-think about.

Last edited:

Empty

This is a quick clip of a psychiatrist who has trained in the completion process.

Paw

Ugh. What an unhelpful dialogue. She does seem to have some knowledge (in the new-age tradition) but her arrogance prevents her from questioning the incompleteness of that knowledge. Which renders her cruel and lacking empathy.

She fails to consider why the vast majority of personalities she claims make themselves sick (people who are traumatized, stressed, serious, narcissistic, introverted, lonely -- even those who simply feel a duty to their own children) do not, in fact, come down with CFS. Of course it must be exhausting to be them, she says breezily, conflating CFS with feeling run down.

And she fails to recognize that her path to enlightened acceptance does not erase biological disease. Her blind assumption is that anyone who still has symptoms simply hasn't fixed their empty, loveless condition. She pretends to be able to see inside those she interrogates, knowing with certainty that they're still clinging, resisting, and rejecting connection -- but she really has no clue about the journeys of acceptance chronically sick people actually go on year after year. I take epsom-salt baths (which she ridicules as a sign of resistance) because they make me feel good, not because I'm desperate.

All we have to do is recognize there's nothing wrong with us. If we still have symptoms that's just evidence to her that we're still resisting, still running, and not connecting properly with others.

She does make some sense (to me) when she encourages someone in pain to accept one's condition rather than exacerbate it with constant fighting -- but her conclusion that acceptance will automatically transform the physical condition is just ignorant.

Maybe she'll grow up a bit over time, but, for now, she seems to be enjoying her moments of adulation a bit too much.

ShyestofFlies

Like many televangelist personality people she thinks she knows the answer, and like most of them they're ableist and out to make a quick buck and get attention. Mmm.

My personal stance: Ignore it, don't spread it around, don't give it the views or credibility.

Empty

Well said Paw. Epsom salts - Great help.

The video is already from 7,000 views to 12,000 views. The channel is not used to high views and has few subscribers. (That's not my fault btw :) ) The more views the better imo.

I have been looking at the mixed bag of comments and some people do recognise this as abuse. (Change the settings to "newest first"). Been also thinking about getting P2 on stage and using her as a tool against P.

If that had been me, you have to be like Louis Theroux. Feel the uncomfortable feeling, feel the pressure to answer in a pleasing fashion where you are being led to answer and behave and play along then go against every manipulated instinct and speak out. "ah, I see, so my body will end up in diapers in order to connect with someone......and that's a guarantee. Will that be in time for Valentines Day?"

Although the subtle, professional, caring approach of P does work well.

This video was from a workshop she held recently in Dublin. Her blog https://tealswan.com/teals-blog/dublin-ireland-r527/

I don't really do ignore if something has caught my attention. As well as addressing this individual she was addressing the whole ME community, so this is my reply.

This thread really is an open invitation to Teal Swan to think again. Look at this: http://me-ireland.com/ What's Radical? - physical treatment for physical disease! Manifesting actual help and support.

" And she fails to recognize that her path to enlightened acceptance does not erase biological disease"

After her childhood trauma, she understands the pain that comes from all those folk who said well why did you manifest that abuse on yourself Teal, why did you choose to incarnate as a victim of black magic ritualistic abuse ?

Last edited:

Empty

TS to those with CFS:

"You are the kind of people I don't want in the spiritual field"

lol. I'm sure.

"It was never about anything other than trying to get other people to be with you, so stop this other sh*t..."

The suicide stuff I can't get my head around. It sounds to me as if she is trying to remove something that is stopping her from committing suicide - guilt of leaving her child and responsibility. Not wanting to cause them pain. But I simply can't listen to it again to check.

P:I connect with people
TS:No you don't
P:I connect with my clients
TS:You connect with them but they don't connect with you
P:Ok

So we are ill to connect with people, just connect with people instead and cured.

Last edited:

Sandman00747

PQ) What causes Chronic Fatigue?
TS A) Chronically doing stuff you don't actually want to do.... I would love to make it more complicated for you, but it isn't complicated. So stop doing that.

The reason people with CF can't find healing very easily is because if they are not doing things that they don't want to do, they are thinking about the fact that they should be doing things that they don't want to do.....

Can I make fun of you for a minute?

P: err yeah.....

And so it begins...

7,000 plus views so far.

This is CFS -abuse.

https://tealswan.com/about-teal
The lowest of the lowlifes are the people who scam money off of the ill. At least all of the supplement companies offer a tangible product. This is truly a scam and abusive!

Empty

The lowest of the lowlifes are the people who scam money off of the ill. At least all of the supplement companies offer a tangible product. This is truly a scam and abusive!

Not a fan of most Supplements as I think they are a scam and can cause considerable harm. But I know what you mean.

Sandman00747

Not a fan of most Supplements as I think they are a scam and can cause considerable harm. But I know what you mean.
I totally agree Empty. I was making a mildly sarcastic analogy. I have been through them all over the years. I know some do help certain people but I kind of gave up on all supplements but the basic vitamins and such. If I had an answer I would share it with the world for FREE in a millisecond! Oh well, that's how it goes.

Paw

Not a fan of most Supplements
Well, sounds like you're on the right path. We can check with Teal, but surely supplements are merely a sign of our hopeless desperation to connect with others. :smug:
The suicide stuff I can't get my head around. It sounds to me as if she is trying to remove something that is stopping her from committing suicide - guilt of leaving her child and responsibility. Not wanting to cause them pain. But I simply can't listen to it again to check.
Yeah, I can't watch again either, but I too was struck by Teal's callousness toward the woman wanting to care for her child. "So what?" if the child loses her mother. "So what?" The only generous reading I can come up with is that Teal believed the woman needed to shatter her deepest ego attachments (death of ego being a form of necessary suicide on the spiritual path).

Zen literature includes some of this detachment (such as the master who says "so be it" when given a baby that he's falsely accused of fathering, and then again saying "so be it" years later when the child is taken from him). But more of the fables that I remember nudge us toward acceptance of our messy humanity: emotions, duty, structure, etc (e.g. the enlightened master who has to explain why he's bawling at a friend's funeral: "I'm crying because I'm sad (dumb-ass)!").

Regardless, it's probably helpful to remember that Teal, whatever her psychic abilities, etc, is performing in a venue that has no interest whatsoever in our disease. CFS is just another teaching tool. She might as well be a financial guru opining about vaccines. The only real concern is about the damage that can come from her ignorance. Which, I presume, is why Empty wanted to call out this clip in the first place.

Reerob926

Wow. This was insulting and the spiritual equivalent of a doctor prescribing Zoloft. Millions of people do things they don't enjoy, but how many are incapacitated by FM/CFS? I used to travel the world, run marathons, and enjoyed by strong, healthy body, yet this charlatan intimidated her GUEST into believing it's an issue of "mind over matter". I wish I'd had a chance to sit across from her. Let me put this in words that Teal could understand: Karma is a b***ch, and when your body decides to go on vacation and you must begin cancelling engagements due to exhaustion, you will understand. SMH

Empty

I totally agree Empty. I was making a mildly sarcastic analogy. I have been through them all over the years. I know some do help certain people but I kind of gave up on all supplements but the basic vitamins and such. If I had an answer I would share it with the world for FREE in a millisecond! Oh well, that's how it goes.

Supplements are very individual. I know they can really help. Most recently, they have been poisoning babies leading to vomiting by putting fish oil into their cows milk formulas.

I think this idea that we should be on an expensive, set package of life long supplements, particularly when we are not even deficient, and eating a nutritionally balanced diet, is as much a con as anything. It caused me a lot of physical and mental stress especially when my body couldn't tolerate supplements and when I tried, the bad reactions I got eg: from co q10.

Reerob926

Hmmm. Now you've got me wondering. I was taking several supplements and felt exhausted (moreso than usual). I ran out two days ago and my energy has improved. Trial by fire.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources