Teal Swan- CFS abuse

Empty

Well, sounds like you're on the right path. We can check with Teal, but surely supplements are merely a sign of our hopeless desperation to connect with others. :smug:

Yeah, I can't watch again either, but I too was struck by Teal's callousness toward the woman wanting to care for her child. "So what?" if the child loses her mother. "So what?" The only generous reading I can come up with is that Teal believed the woman needed to shatter her deepest ego attachments (death of ego being a form of necessary suicide on the spiritual path).

Zen literature includes some of this detachment (such as the master who says "so be it" when given a baby that he's falsely accused of fathering, and then again saying "so be it" years later when the child is taken from him). But more of the fables that I remember nudge us toward acceptance of our messy humanity: emotions, duty, structure, etc (e.g. the enlightened master who has to explain why he's bawling at a friend's funeral: "I'm crying because I'm sad (dumb-ass)!").

Yes.
The zen beatings, drownings, chopping off own arms to join the monastery.
Man-spirituality. :)

Regardless, it's probably helpful to remember that Teal, whatever her psychic abilities, etc, is performing in a venue that has no interest whatsoever in our disease. CFS is just another teaching tool. She might as well be a financial guru opining about vaccines. The only real concern is about the damage that can come from her ignorance. Which, I presume, is why Empty wanted to call out this clip in the first place.

At over 16,000 views now, I think that people in general do have interest.

Thanks for pointing the venue out, It has been helpful to remember this in context.

Wouldn't it be great for all those people to be hearing about M.E. using facts? I don't see why not, either.

We reach out to people to connect and the response is dire because of this type of video.

It is reminiscent of fatigue clinics and NHS consultation pep talks. Now it will be, Oh ME - "you don't want to do anything" and "you are not to be trusted with a self-help book". Not far from the lazy, yuppie flu, false illness beliefs etc. crap that we have had to deal with for decades.

There needs to be a deeper understanding of the history and targeted abuse from the political, psychiactric and psychological establishments unique to those with M.E. and their devastating effects, the progress we are making and how to not hinder it by rehashing outdated views. The more psychologists that hop on board, understand that, learn from past mistakes, the better.

Last edited:

ShyestofFlies

Ah @Empty I didn't mean to imply you were to blame for all the views on that video! I think I was a lil pissed at the time I commented last because of it (not at you), but I just mean for myself to ignore it. I don't need anything else making my heart do somersaults I seem to get worked up and overstimulated enough from everything else in life haha. :confused:

Empty

Ah @Empty I didn't mean to imply you were to blame for all the views on that video! I think I was a lil pissed at the time I commented last because of it (not at you), but I just mean for myself to ignore it. I don't need anything else making my heart do somersaults I seem to get worked up and overstimulated enough from everything else in life haha. :confused:

I know :)

Empty

I have been looking for links to explain the abuse from the psychiactric lobby. I can find nothing straight forward. Probs. with cognitive issues. It would be great to have a question and answer page with the best links on to refute stupid myths that the public can easily understand. Maybe there is one?

That would be the best way to get important information out fast.

http://carersfight.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/psychiatric-abuse-of-children-with-me.html

Empty

There are plenty of validated enlightened masters out there and some are far from what the ego perceives as in perfect physical health and no doubt the ego would perceive them as a little or lottle crazy too.

Teal Swan has touched upon this subject in The Law Of Attraction videos. When the spiritual leaders have come down with Cancer for example and tried to hide it and the healing methods failed.

Why is this not being applied to those who have been physically neglected and abused? And actually need physical treatment and support.

Why are we going to disidentification as a panacea?

Sadhguru said if you get ill. keep working. keep doing your 9 - 9 jobs. that is the way to stay healthy. if you stop and give attention to illness, a cold or whatever, then you will get comfortable in bed and will end up sick. pah.

Last edited:

Paw

It would be great to have a question and answer page with the best links on to refute stupid myths that the public can easily understand.
Great idea, and find an administrator skilled at search engine optimization so that this page pops up first for all casual queries! (I think that might cost a little money.)
Sadhguru said if you get ill. keep working. keep doing your 9 - 9 jobs. that is the way to stay healthy.
Let's see someone like Sadhguru keep working 9-9 with a full-blown case of the flu. Ain't gonna happen. I believe strongly that I wouldn't be here if I had tried that. With my complications (autonomic, cardiac, etc) I think I would have just been another stroke statistic (or whatever). I'm one of the lucky ones, who was able to arrange my life around my illness without losing my food, shelter, family, etc.

Ladyliegh

I hated to add to the number of views...
I could rant & rave about the stupidity, insensitivity, ignorance & arrogance...
But instead I will say, karma is a b*tch.
Often when I do not understand something, the universe will bring it to my door step.
I would not wish ME/CFS on anyone, but..
The realm of understanding is increased by experience.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources