The Day Albert Einstein Feared Has Arrived

jaminhealth

So you are basically saying today’s generation are a bunch of idiots. Rude much?

I didn't say it, Einstein did. And I believe they are rude rude rude in so much with their faces in their tech stuff....

My grandkids are not idiots, but Victims. They came into this world and given tech stuff when 2-3 yrs old and look at it all...the $$$$$ that tech makes from them.

Last edited:

Sharon80

If you are so against the tech stuff, why have you purchased it and spend so much time online? It’s the parent’s who buy the tech stuff and it’s up to them to teach their chilfren how to use it appropriately and it’s the parents who teach them manners. It’s not just kids who use the tech stuff either, my 90 year old dad uses smart phones, laptops etc. Tech is part of life right now and that’s not going to change. Just because people spend time looking at screens doesn’t necessarily mean they are rude. My 6 year old granddaughter has a tablet and uses it very responsibly and isn’t rude at all. She also uses it to help her learn which is a good thing. This is down to her parents setting limits and teaching her manners and how to use the tech appropriately. I personally love the tech because I get to talk to and see my family who live in different parts of the world. I have met people l wouldn’t have otherwise and in many respects it’s made my life so much easier. I don’t see my granddaughter or myself as victims.

jaminhealth

:D
There are varying degrees to the tech world and the pictures on Einstein's link are NOT unusual at all.

Good Night....

Sharon80

Oh and by the way.

No, Albert Einstein did not say technology would create a 'generation of idiots'
Albert Einstein was one of the most renowned and celebrated scientists of the 20th Century, so it is no surprise that people continue to quote the German-born physicist more than 60 years after his death.

But, the internet has a way of twisting people’s words, or in this case, making them up altogether.

A quote attributed to Einstein about his fear of the day technology "will surpass human interaction" leading to a "generation of idiots" has resurfaced on social media recently, despite being debunked several times.

Most versions of the quote circulating online, like this one, feature a photo of Einstein with the quote’s text: "I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." Pasted below it is an image of a five young people standing side by side while looking down, their eyes glued to their cellphones.

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

We could find no record of Einstein ever saying or writing this, despite his papers and quotes being archived in several databases, including the definitive collection "The Ultimate Quotable Einstein" from Princeton University Press.

The closest iteration of the quote (at least the first half) was said, and linked to Einstein, in a scene from the 1995 movie "Powder." Actor Jeff Goldblum, who plays the character Donald Ripley, says "It’s become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity," to which Powder, played by Sean Patrick Flanery, responds "Albert Einstein."

Quote Investigator, a website that tracks down quotations, found that variations of the quote started to appear on webpages in 2012,the same year the scene in "Powder" was uploaded to YouTube.

The website concluded that the quote is likely fake, as "the phrasing of the saying has changed over time and different sets of pictures have been attached

l think one of the worst things about tech stuff is that it allows people to disseminate all sorts of lies in the form of fake news and this really hurts the world. There are many idiots who believe all sorts of idiotic things and you can’t tell them any differently because of closed mindedness

Last edited:

Apo Sci

pamojja

Yes it has be coming true right before your eyes. Right before the corona-scare I was on a beautiful beach watching every evening the sun-set. I seemed to be the only one, everyone else - tourists and locals - only where able to do it through screens.

Thought humans have been made so addicted to screens, if anyone came along and offered free implanted retina-display, most would go for it. The rest is history.

Meanwhile only a free GMO injection came, and indeed a large part of humanity went for it. Most of them to regain freedoms, which are anyway inalienable. Even more beyond any reasonable, than implanted displays.

Apo Sci

And those very screens are being used to control them through remote connections to AI via nanobots. Perhaps they ramp up the addictive feelings (happiness) remotely.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources