The Great Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Gene Project

Eset Isadore

I'm in the 97% highest in Neanderthal genes, too! When I first did my 23andMe test two years ago, I wondered whether that might be part of my problem! There was a reason the Neanderthals died off, after all!

What dies may have had real beauty, benefit, goodness too... We may be just as blessed as we may be challenged to carry the remnants of that which didn’t survive...

Eset Isadore

Well, many of you can run a couple of circles around me: I have only 94% (315 total) Neanderthal variants compared to most... A disappointingly middling “A”, at best! (Nonetheless, I do have the most w/n my own family at least...)

Eset Isadore

I tried emailing the M.E./CFS genetic project and never heard back. Anyone else have that experience? Maybe it’s no longer going?

Merry

I tried emailing the M.E./CFS genetic project and never heard back. Anyone else have that experience? Maybe it’s no longer going?

I just checked the website, and the information is still there. Someone responded to my email when I expressed interest, I purchased a DNA kit, and, after I got the results, I uploaded the data. The FAQ at the website says that after you email an inquiry, you should get a response within 2-3 days. I'm not sure what to advise. Try again?

Not dead yet!

I just checked the website, and the information is still there. Someone responded to my email when I expressed interest, I purchased a DNA kit, and, after I got the results, I uploaded the data. The FAQ at the website says that after you email an inquiry, you should get a response within 2-3 days. I'm not sure what to advise. Try again?

I was just asking this very question of someone else. I was just wondering what the options were for uploading my DNA data and where it would do the most good. A couple of places already have it (dna.land for example), but I want to upload it to someone who's interested in ME/CFS also. Thanks for the link.

Also, does anyone actually offer medical interpretation of the gene data? Because it seems harder to find that I thought it would be.
That's about this part: "Will I receive medical interpretation of my genetic data?
No. This research study is simply to collect genetic data for future analysis. Information is de-identified prior to analysis so no interpretation can be made for individuals.
"

Last edited:

ritasheart

I applied to be in the study, 2 1/2 months ago, and had felt that I probably was not going to be accepted. I guess I thought I would hear pretty quickly. But, I got notice yesterday that I am accepted !!! I am very excited !!!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources