Using Cronometer to Create A Mitochondrially Supportive Diet

Resource Using Cronometer to Create A Mitochondrially Supportive Diet

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Using Cronometer to Create A Mitochondrially Supportive Diet - Creating a metabolically superior diet to reduce inflammation

Dr. Mercola highly recommends Cronometer - a free dietary analysis tool - particularly if you're trying to achieve a diet that benefits your mitochondria or as he calls it a ketogenic diet.

Mercola believes that many diseases are rooted in metabolic mitochondrial dysfunction. He believes that glucose - which is provided by carbohydrates - is a "dirty fuel which generates lots of free radical when it burned. Fats, on the other hand, generate few. Of course, with high carbohydrate foods...

Read more about this resource...

San Diego

This is the tool I use, but I had no idea about Marcela’s version!

Combining Chronometer with the Wahl’s Paleo Plus diet (ketogenic) while eliminating all allergens has enabled me to enter ketosis and stay there for 4+ months and counting. So far, my headaches are better, I’ve lost the 20 pounds that ME put on me, and my bizarre skin rash is clearing.

I can’t say my brain is better yet, but it feels “cool” if that makes any sense. It’s an odd sensation and hard to describe, but it doesn’t feel as inflamed.

bobby

that's an interesting tool! I just tried it out, and @San Diego is the goal to get the BMR to be higher than the amount of calories you've ingested?

and I'm guessing anything in the color red is bad!

do you aim for all those vitamin/mineral circles to be perfectly green, or can you choose which ones you wanna follow up?

I think I'm gonna try this out to see if learn sth new...

San Diego

do you aim for all those vitamin/mineral circles to be perfectly green, or can you choose which ones you wanna follow up?

is the goal to get the BMR to be higher than the amount of calories you've ingested?

It depends. If you want to lose weight, then yes, you want your calories ingested to be less than your BMR. You can adjust the settings for your personal BMR based on activity, etc. Then you can also input your weight loss goals. When you do those two things, you’ll note that your “energy” bar will reflect your calorie goal for the day.

Yes, you can select which nutrients you want to be in those circles. I learned that I can meet about 99% of my nutrition goals over the course of a given week. That is, I may not meet each individual nutrient goal every single day, but the average over the week is nearly perfect (see “Trends” tab and then click on “Nutrition Report”)

Remember that Chronometer is MUCH more powerful on a computer. The apps are horrible.

I use the paid version of Chronometer mostly for the ability to group foods by meals. The paid version also includes important ratios, such as zinc:copper and others.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources