Weird Lingering Tooth Pain

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I was just talking to Corinne (who does blogs on her trips to Dr. Peterson). Both of us have had similar tooth problems - initiated after dental work. Most of my dental work goes fine but sometimes I will have achy teeth for much longer than normal. My last crown set off a month of jaw pain and some tooth pain. Now all that has died down and the tooth has now become sensitive to temperature! I may need a root canal - I'm avoiding it in hopes this is another weird nerve reaction.

We wondered if this was due to centralization? Any body else have unexplained tooth pain that lingers and lingers and then finally (hopefully) goes away?

fdotx

I've not had that with teeth Cort but with other procedures I've had a slightly longer healing period than typical. Why would you need a root canal though? I thought they were done when there was an infection in the pulp of the tooth due to a cavity? It is weird that a crown would become sensitive to temperature. I have that due to gum recession but I'd think a crown would not be sensitive. Hopefully in time it will all go away. Frustrating though, I know....

Cort

Staff member
It's slowly, thankfully, gotten better - no root canal needed at this point anyway (whew!).

Thanks

Merida

I was just talking to Corinne (who does blogs on her trips to Dr. Peterson). Both of us have had similar tooth problems - initiated after dental work. Most of my dental work goes fine but sometimes I will have achy teeth for much longer than normal. My last crown set off a month of jaw pain and some tooth pain. Now all that has died down and the tooth has now become sensitive to temperature! I may need a root canal - I'm avoiding it in hopes this is another weird nerve reaction.

We wondered if this was due to centralization? Any body else have unexplained tooth pain that lingers and lingers and then finally (hopefully) goes away?
Cort,
Weird tooth pain - yes. Took about 2 years for upper root canal to settle . Found out I have hypo development of the upper palate - ie teeth roots are sitting very close to sinuses. Also , I have a very- high arched palate. The big tooth pain started immediately after my neck injury. Fortunately my dentist had just read an article about that problem, and was conservative.

Cort

Staff member
Cort,
Weird tooth pain - yes. Took about 2 years for upper root canal to settle . Found out I have hypo development of the upper palate - ie teeth roots are sitting very close to sinuses. Also , I have a very- high arched palate. The big tooth pain started immediately after my neck injury. Fortunately my dentist had just read an article about that problem, and was conservative.
Thanks....the tooth or rather I should say my mouth is finally settling down. I know I have a lot of tension in that area. I grind and I have neck and head pain....

Merida

Thanks....the tooth or rather I should say my mouth is finally settling down. I know I have a lot of tension in that area. I grind and I have neck and head pain....
Remembering that Sensodyne tooth paste actually helped.

Merida

Okay, looked this up : The nerves to the teeth are fed by branches of cranial nerve 5, the trigeminal nerve. I traced many of my odd symptoms ( like jerking tongue !! -cranial nerve 12) to cranial nerve issues - too much CSF pressure at the base of my skull ??

Cort

Staff member
Okay, looked this up : The nerves to the teeth are fed by branches of cranial nerve 5, the trigeminal nerve. I traced many of my odd symptoms ( like jerking tongue !! -cranial nerve 12) to cranial nerve issues - too much CSF pressure at the base of my skull ??
Maybe - my CSF appears to be high....I still experience problems with cold not in the tooth itself but in my back teeth and have other weird head pains at times.

Merida

Cort,
I read your post about your lumbar puncture pressure being high ?? !! Gee, I think it is almost a given that the cranial pressure is high when the lumbar pressure is high ? Have you had a CINE flow study with an experienced neurosurgeon ? Even I can see the jets ( series of black dots) indicating CSF flow in my CINE study - jets around the cerebellum and down into the mid- cervical spine. I was offered surgery, but that seemed like a sledge hammer approach back in 2005. A brain MRI in about 2008 reported shrinkage of my cerebellum. Oh geez. But this would be an expected consequence of high CSF pressure.

I read Diana Driscoll's book - she eloquently explains the dilemma of the arterial/venous blood flow and CSF flow problems. The only thing I might add is that the sacrum is an important part of the system, and also needs to be looked at in individuals.

Diana explained that she and her children had symptoms after a virus. So, now I appreciate that certain viruses must be able to raise intracranial pressure in some manor, just as neck injury can. She also discussed low pressure, and so that could be a problem, too.
Feels like mine is up and down.

So, I am totally convinced that CFS and fibro are basically a problem of blood and/or CSF flow in the brain and cervical cord. Scoliosis is a total set up and I expect much, much more common in CFS/FM people.

But how to 'fix 'it ????

Please try to get these books and read them :
1. The Downside of Upright Posture by Michael Flanagan, DC.
2. Scoliosis and Spinal Pain Syndrome by Valentyn Serdyuk.
3. Chiropractic: The Anatomy and Physiology of Sacro-Occipital Technique by Jonathan Howat, DC, DICS at the SORSI site.

If you are seriously interested I will make a major contribution to the cost, as the last two are over $100.

Thank you so much for the site. It has been amazing - found such important information from the great info and discussions.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources