Drug What Meds Are You Currently on for CFS/ME, FM and Comorbidities?

What Meds Are You Currently on for CFS/ME, FMS and Comorbidities?

• Antivirals

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Antibiotics

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Antidepressants

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Anticonvulsants (Gabapentin, Pregabalin...)

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Antihistamines

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Opioids

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Suplementation and/or Probiotics.

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • Sleep Meds (Lunesta, Ambien etc...)

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Florinef or other orthostatic intolerance drugs

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

Folk

Hello!
Let's check how many and which meds people are currently taking for their ME/CFS or FMS.

Unfortunatelly I could only add 10 choices, so if you're taking some other please place it on your comment.
You can obviously choose more than one option so it would be great if you say how many are you taking when you answer it!

Who Me?

Sleep meds covers a lot ground. I use things not known as sleep meds like seroquel, doxepin, risperdal, zanaflex, antihistamines. More I can't remember offhand.

I take all of the above except opioids,
Antidepressants and stuff for pots.

Also beta blocker for tachycardia.

Btw. You spelled similar wrong at the end.

Who Me?

Haha 3 "m" totally messed with my brain

Also wanted to add I don't take all my sleep meds at once. I have a bunch of stuff I alternate. Never take the same thing more than 2 nights in a row.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Thanks Folk - just supplements for me... I fixed the spelling by the way - you can do that by clicking on Edit Threads.

Lissa

Supplements and LDE... To the tune of about 45 pills a day. Really hoping to hear more on the Synergy Trial soon. I think it could cut that number in half since most of the ingredients are all combined already. Anyone trying KPAX -- keep the updates coming please! :)

Who Me?

I think @sdsu is doing the synergy trial.

Has anyone calculated the cost of doing this vs various supplements that are in the kpax?

San Diego

Supplements and LDE... To the tune of about 45 pills a day. Really hoping to hear more on the Synergy Trial soon. I think it could cut that number in half since most of the ingredients are all combined already. Anyone trying KPAX -- keep the updates coming please! :)
I've been on the Synergy combo for about 3 weeks. This thread explains more about my experience.

@Minx I've not done a cost comparison, but it's got to be cheaper as a combo, especially if you can get your doc to open a professional account.

Who Me?

I haven't put mich thought into it. I did send my np a link to the protocol and told her about the professional discount.

Now I'm not sure if my pcp would rx the ritalin. Nothing specific just a feeling I'm getting from my latest interactions with his office.

Plus I totally forgot I asked this. Duh

Lissa

I think @sdsu is doing the synergy trial.

Has anyone calculated the cost of doing this vs various supplements that are in the kpax?

I did a rough estimate the other day because I was curious. I am not taking all the same things, but most match up. Plus KPAX seems to have a few more extras that I am missing. Lets put it this way: I could cut out at least 8 types of supplements... many of which are multi-combos. It adds up to about $115 in savings per month.... (that is using the regular price of KPAX, not the current discount).

I'm really interested in switching over, but was waiting for the official trial results to be published so I can wave them around in front of my doctor. :) I'm also checking in on the forum to get first hand accounts from people trying it already. Thanks for the input sdsu and Cort!

Cort

Staff member
I like KPAX! I don't how long I'm going to take it. I've always have bad reactions eventually to things that help, but it's the strongest supplement I've ever taken. Kaiser did say that KPAX is going to add ubiquinol I think it is and maybe something else to the formula over the next couple of months I think it was.

Who Me?

@TigerLilea what really helped me with sleep, if that is what you are talking about, is layering about 4 different things each night to start. I have more I take when I wake usually around 3 a.m.

Sleep initiator, sleep sustainers, and some other stuff. I switch off between about 10 plus things every night. The only thing I take every night is trazodone and thats more psychological than necessity.

Example. Halcion, seroquel, trazodone and OTC antihistamine. Ambien, doxylamine, zanaflex, passion flower.

Who Me?

Kaiser did say that KPAX is going to add ubiquinol I think it is and maybe something else to the formula over the next couple of months I think it was.

And there in lies the problem for me. There are a few things I cannot take because I feel horrible. OLE is one and ubiquinol is another. I think there were a few other things in Kpax I had a problem with.

I don't want to spend $100 just to have to throw it out. I can't even begin to calculate how much money I've flushed down the toilet.

San Diego

I'm really interested in switching over, but was waiting for the official trial results to be published so I can wave them around in front of my doctor. :) I'm also checking in on the forum to get first hand accounts from people trying it already. Thanks for the input sdsu and Cort!
These are the graphs I waved while waiting for the full-scale study to be published. The full study is rumored to be just as promising.

Cort

Staff member
These are the graphs I waved while waiting for the full-scale study to be published. The full study is rumored to be just as promising.
Those are pretty darn good graphs. A 75% clinically significant figure is really good.
I think they're onto something - nobody's ever combined stimulants with supplements before - and Kaiser was reluctant to do so - until he found out that it worked....

San Diego

I like KPAX! I don't how long I'm going to take it. I've always have bad reactions eventually to things that help, but it's the strongest supplement I've ever taken. Kaiser did say that KPAX is going to add ubiquinol I think it is and maybe something else to the formula over the next couple of months I think it was.
This is the first multi I've tolerated, including during all my healthy years. I wondered why CoQ wasn't included in KPax Immune and recall (lol) reading that Kaiser found it made no difference in his HIV immune trials? Maybe he was using ubiquinone then?

It seems maybe Kaiser really did find a good balance of nutrients for those with widespread systemic abnormalities.

I'm just hoping the cognitive effects continue to build! :bookworm: :bookworm: :bookworm: :bookworm:

Heidi

I take anti anxiety meds. I'm interested in trying low dose naltrexone and antivirals. Having trouble getting them prescribed.

Who Me?

May of us have had to resort to taking matters into into or own hands. It's possible with the best case having a doc to run labs as nerded.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources