Would you document your treatment on You Tube?

Empty

My answer is no. Not yet anyway.

The You Tube world is in its own little reality bubble. Partly because Youtube pays you for the number of views your video gets, which fuels sensationalism and cross channel gossiping/wars. Strong competition.

Comments can be disabled, if not there are often pages of abusive comments as well as support and useful links. Requires strong resilience.

I think it could be really powerful though to document treatment successes and failures.

This week I watched:

1) A youtuber very discreetly and with dignity do a live coffee enema. Useful.

2) I have watched testimonials from people recounting their Gerson success at the Gerson Institute. Interesting.

3)I also watched the very distressed lady "Jen Journey" track her failed treatments, failed crowd fund, having to deal with trolls and a month after her last video, the news of her sad death posted by her friends.

I learned a few things such as just how hard Gerson therapy is, what Gerson Therapy Plus is and I would definitely strike off her clinic as one that I would ever attend after watching the "Christian Missionary" Doctor also attempt a crowd fund and then throw her out with a free set of cooking pots and a juicer (even though she was the only patient there and whilst dying listening to machines build another room next door and next to a radiation machine that she could not afford). Anyway, if you happen to watch this, be resilient.

Also, once the personal story is released, it simply becomes material for others to comment on. With M.E. having no specific test, it seems that this makes people very susceptible to the faking comments.

Any useful M.E. channels?

Last edited:

Who Me?

I used YouTube to learn how to do regular enemas. It was extremely helpful for me. But I have no interest in letting people into my life.

Also how to put teflon tape on my leaking faucet adaptor and how to patch a hole in the drywall.

Empty

I used YouTube to learn how to do regular enemas. It was extremely helpful for me. But I have no interest in letting people into my life.

Also how to put teflon tape on my leaking faucet adaptor and how to patch a hole in the drywall.

What I liked about the lady who did the enema herself was her relaxed presence throughout, which is something that can not be conveyed through books on it. I also learn much easier by watching these days.

Yes, every practical problem has been addressed through youtube I think :) It is fast becoming my number one go to .

Who Me?

I watched several videos on enemas. It really helped me since I really had no idea. I'm so glad I had those to watch. Learned a lot.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I'm kind of iffy on documenting personal stuff on Youtube. Youtube is great for demonstrating how to do something - I
ve been using it a lot for that - but its a case report of 1 so difficult to draw conclusions..

Empty

Patient was yelled at and had "bad notes" put into her medical records. So she put a taped device in her hair as she underwent surgery. Comments are not as bad as Doctors have abused those with M.E. but still:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources