A Guide to Anti-Inflammatory Foods and Diet

A Guide to Anti-Inflammatory Foods and Diet

Just about everyone believes inflammation plays a part in chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and fibromyalgia (FM). Check out two guide on how to lower inflammation through diet.

From The Complete Guide to Anti-Inflammatory Foods

From the Website...
Chronic Inflammation Through Diet

[fright]
Blueberries-low-glycemic-in.jpg
[/fright]While not all diseases originate in the gut as Hippocrates believed (such as genetic diseases for example) the significance of his belief has grown with our improved understanding of many chronic conditions originating in the gut and linked with chronic inflammation – from digestive disorders, metabolic diseases such as obesity and diabetes, to asthma, allergies and auto-immune diseases – and even mental health problems.

Nearly all of these conditions share similarities – an unhealthy make up or disturbance of the gut microbiota – often combined with chronic inflammation.

This guide provides comprehensive information to help you understand the root and causes of inflammation, the treatment options available and how to support long-term treatment through a healthy balanced diet and the inclusion of anti-inflammatory foods – and by avoiding foods known for their inflammatory properties.

Foods that Prevent (and Treat) Inflammation

If the majority of medical conditions stem from poor gut health, prevention of inflammation in the first place is the best way to avoid them. By changing your diet to incorporate foods known for their anti-inflammatory capabilities, you’re empowering your immune system to fight off illness without giving you additional problems in the process.

Anti-Inflammatory Fruits and Berries

While most natural fruit is considered healthy to eat, some are better than others when it comes to controlling inflammation in the gut. These include:
  • Dark berries, including cherries, blueberries and blackberries, which all contain powerful bioflavonoids and carotenoids that help manage inflammation. Strawberries are also a good fruit for inflammation, although they contain tiny seeds that are best avoided in anyone with diverticular disease.
  • Goji berries are in a class of their own, with up to 12 times the quantity of antioxidants of their blueberry cousins. Listed along with acai berries as one of the superfoods, they have been a part of traditional Chinese medicine for centuries and are considered one of the most nutrient-dense fruits around.
  • Pomegranates, apples, oranges and tomatoes are high in natural antioxidants and polyphenols, which actively combat inflammation.

From The (Science-Backed) Guide To Help You Reduce Inflammation Naturally

Making changes to your diet can be a powerful way to spur off inflammation (15). Since emerging research is focusing on the link between inflammation and the list of chronic diseases we previously mentioned, it’s important that you influence your health in positive ways.

Below is a list of 20 ways that can help you take control of inflammation.

Coconut Oil

Coconut oil can boost metabolism and reduce helping you lose weight over a long period of time.

It contains medium chain fats, which lead to the weight loss and reduced waist circumference (18). Visceral fat, also known as abdominal fat is the fat that tends to lodge around your organs and can cause inflammation (19).

Therefore consuming coconut oil will reduce your belly fat and in return lower the levels of inflammation in your body.

Check out The (Science-Backed) Guide To Help You Reduce Inflammation Naturally
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Cort

Latest reviews

As much as I think it's a great and comprehensive guide (the "science backed" link is the one I read most)... it should contain a warning because it suggests FODMAPS.

People like me with severe gut issues that are on the verge of colitis often have bad reactions to FODMAPS and 'fiber' which is usually full of FODMAPS. The word fiber is very poorly defined, as pointed out here: https://gut.bmj.com/content/gutjnl/48/5/587.full.pdf That article ends with some good advice about which fibers are more likely to be beneficial and shows that we are mostly guessing about the benefits of fiber just yet. The advice is given that way because it forces people to choose healthy foods, not because fiber has been proven to be the thing that helps.

High fiber = high pain for me. And crucifers + alliums = agonizing bloating and constipation (both together), for my gut. I probably need to work on my gut flora more before I can embrace this particular plan.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources