Provided to Health Rising
Resource Type
Patient Story
Name
Anita
Diagnosis
  1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Disease Course Over Time
At the age of 24 Anita becomes severely ill after an infection. Within two weeks she cannot walk . is mostly bedridden, and has to use a wheelchair to get around. Anita tries many different treatments without avail but eleven years later meets with Dr. Peterson and gets a diagnosis of ME/CFS. After Dr. Peterson finds evidence of five activated viruses he puts her on Ampligen. Ampligen removes any sign of viral activation and leaves her 90% recovered.

She stays on Ampligen for eight years and then - all her test results stable - goes off it. She's fine for a year and then relapses for six years. When she's finally able to get back on Ampligen her health returns to 80%
Type of Onset
acute flu-like
Approximate Date of Illness Began
1991-1995
Duration
11-15 years
Functionality at it's Worst
Mostly bedbound
Symptoms
exhaustion, digestive problems, at her worst lost sight and hearing and could only tolerate liquid nutrition, lost nine teeth to bone infections
Antiviral or Immune Modulators That Made a Difference for You
Ampligen
Positive Test Results
Activated HHV6, varicella, EBV, coxsackie, and herpes simplex viruses
Treatments That Helped
Nutrition, rest, vitamins, supplements, stress reduction, getting feelings out, massage, stretching, warm packs, and prayer/meditation are helpful but are not very effective.
Present State of Health
  1. Leads near normal life but cannot exercise vigorously
Practitioner Associated With Recovery
Peterson
Suggested Resources
SImmaron Research - http://simmaronresearch.com/
I personally have taken this medicine for 19 years in the FDA clinical trial of AMP-511 and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt and have the laboratory proof and the exercise record that this medicine works. Other patients need access to this medicine which can only happen through the approval process.
Reactions: Victronix
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work