I became sick over 25 years ago after I graduated from college and was eventually diagnosed with CFS. I was nearly bedridden for over a year but was then lucky enough to find a Complimentary/Alternative Medicine physician who treated me with intravenous vitamins, put me on a strict diet and helped to get significantly better. I wasn't normal but I was able to work, get married, have two children and live a normal life (minus any exercise or exertion).
- Jocelyn Murray
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Type of Onset:
- acute flu-like
- Approximate Date of Illness Began:
- >20 years
- Functionality at it's Worst:
- Mostly homebound
- fatigue, muscle and joint aches, brain fog, scratchy throat, couldn't sleep, feeling of being on the verge of fainting, overall sense of feeling terrible
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference:
- intravenous vitamin therapies, thyroid medicine, gluten free/sugar free diet, glutathione, supplements, increase in salt intake,
- Treatments That Helped:
- melatonin or herbal sleep remedies to get restful sleep
- Present State of Health:
- Leads near normal life but cannot exercise vigorously
- Practitioner Associated With Recovery:
- Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, Dr. Henry Sobo
- Suggested Resources:
- Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's book 'From Fatigued to Fantastic' and his blog
- Words of Advice:
- Please seek out Dr. Teitelbaum's advice and a doctor who can help you implement his SHINE protocol (Sleep, Hormones, Infections, Nutrition and Exercise). It saved my life!
Unfortunately, I had a relapse about 7 years ago that again almost rendered me bedridden- I was so sick. Similar to Maureen's story, I found help with Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum protocol and now I can proudly say that I'm managing my CFS quite well. I own a small business and I just returned from a 12 day trip to Europe!
The continued success of my recovery requires diligence and I constantly need to be aware of what I eat (gluten free, sugar free, high protein), get plenty of rest and take all of my supplements. Per Dr. Teitelbaum, I recently added glutathione to my list of supplements and it has greatly improved by over well being.
I'd like to give other ME/CFS sufferers hope and advice on what has helped me, so please contact me if I can answer question or convey what works to help me.
My CFS Recovery
Dr. Teitelbaum's protocol saved me!