Anyone looking at grey market peptides?

andrei25

New Member
MOTS-c is one of the more interesting peptides to read about because it’s actually encoded by mitochondrial DNA, which is pretty unusual.

I work with Peptides.io, and we recently looked into the research on it. The animal data around energy metabolism and AMPK is interesting, but the human evidence is still really early, so I’d be careful with some of the stronger claims being made online.

We put together a straightforward research summary here if it helps:

I’d also be interested to hear if anyone here has found good human data beyond the newer clinical trials.
 

leebrown5

Member
I have been trying it on myself, these are the initial results - afaik there is no scientific evidence for human use, dosing or timing. I am using grey market information for myself. Of course long term results are 100% unknown, I am my own guinea pig. I was wondering if anyone else was doing something similar
2434.jpg
 

leebrown5

Member
Garmin has a "body battery" reading that it generates each morning. I'm not clear on what it uses in its calculations. I also have it linked to Fatigue sense for my own use, and a relay app called Labfront for a clinical trial I am currently wrapping up. Neither of them gives me much insight but the fatigue sense is not able to extract an HRV which is unfortunate. So I can't say if it sees an HRV but if it does it keeps it to itself LOL
 

leebrown5

Member
I'm considering asking my kids to gift me a whoop subscription. I had it for 3 years and it generated lots of biometric data but in March I got fired just ahead of my renewal and right when I was given the Garmin by the trial people in Boston so I cancelled it. It's a little pricey but I really liked the deep dive data and it would be nice to have it in parallel with the Garmin. Not sure if it can share with Fatigue sense and I would probably use both.
Whoop doesn't know that people can be unhealthy which is annoying. But it needs very little recharging compared to Garmin vivosmart 5. And my Garmin has a tendency to light up very bright with red and or white lights while on my wrist In The Middle of The Night!!!! Grrr... I don't have it on the original silicone band, I bought a cloth like band so maybe that's part of it.
 

Support Health Rising

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

New Threads

Forum Tips

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources

Top