Autoimmune patients going into remission with Vit D protocol from brazilian Dr..

Folk

Then you didn't understand it.
I'll explain.

This Protocol takes Vit D to higher levels than the oficially accepted. That's it's key element.
And that's the reason why doctors who apply the protocol say it works.
And that's the reason why the doctors who don't apply it say it's dangerous.

TigerLilea

Then you didn't understand it.
I'll explain.

This Protocol takes Vit D to higher levels than the oficially accepted. That's it's key element.
And that's the reason why doctors who apply the protocol say it works.
And that's the reason why the doctors who don't apply it say it's dangerous.
As long as people are getting their calcium levels checked periodically. That is one of the dangers of too much Vitamin D.

Seeksassy

When vit d became all the rage a few years ago I started taking 10,000 iu per day because that's what the researchers in a documentary I saw on it were taking. My doc was a little leery about such a high dose until I told her about the researchers (they weren't telling patients to take that much but were taking 10,000 themselves) and told her I had more energy, for sure, and maybe less pain. I only took it in the winter as I live in central Alberta where our winters are long and dark, and don't take it in the summer. I didn't take it last winter as I spent it in Mexico. I try to spend a lot of time outside in the summet, and if it's hot enough, the sun/heat can melt away some of my pain. I thought my doc said vit d3 could be toxic at higher doses, but I don't know at what dose. I'm very excited about trying this protocol. Will do some more research and talk to my doc, and hopefully give it a go. Thank goodness vitd3 is so cheap!! Thanks for posting!

Folk

When vit d became all the rage a few years ago I started taking 10,000 iu per day because that's what the researchers in a documentary I saw on it were taking. My doc was a little leery about such a high dose until I told her about the researchers (they weren't telling patients to take that much but were taking 10,000 themselves) and told her I had more energy, for sure, and maybe less pain. I only took it in the winter as I live in central Alberta where our winters are long and dark, and don't take it in the summer. I didn't take it last winter as I spent it in Mexico. I try to spend a lot of time outside in the summet, and if it's hot enough, the sun/heat can melt away some of my pain. I thought my doc said vit d3 could be toxic at higher doses, but I don't know at what dose. I'm very excited about trying this protocol. Will do some more research and talk to my doc, and hopefully give it a go. Thank goodness vitd3 is so cheap!! Thanks for posting!
It's theorically toxic in any dose higher than the recommended because it stays in the body, it's not water soluble like Vit C for example.

I don't think your doctor will be very happy with it. The protocol suggested you raise your Vit D levels to what is considered a toxic level for it to work hehe

Seeksassy

It's theorically toxic in any dose higher than the recommended because it stays in the body, it's not water soluble like Vit C for example.

I don't think your doctor will be very happy with it. The protocol suggested you raise your Vit D levels to what is considered a toxic level for it to work hehe
If I'm still interested after I do some research, I hope she'll at least test my calcium levels.

tatt

when I first started supplementing with vitamin D I did so very cautiously because my professional life had made me well aware of the concerns about toxicity. However I suspect my (partial) recovery would have been a lot faster if I'd gone higher. However for those concerned about toxicity the body regulates vitamin D produced by light so opt for a narrowband UVB light ike this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dermfix-3000-UV-B-Lamp-Vitamin/dp/B004NOPC9S

After using a small vitamin D supplement for months my calcium levels were still so much below normal that I had to increase my dairy intake.

Seeksassy

Are you using Vitamin D2 or D3? I've heard of several people who never got good results with high doses of D2 but got their blood levels up considerably using much lower doses of D3.
From everything I've read D3 is the one to use, not D2.

greg hay

i started this and appears to be working quite well.
Its early days but without question a hugely positive effect.
Will update again end oct,
I started at 50,000 Ui, now on 75,000Ui, then i move to 100,000 Ui.
I weight 95kg.
Will check Calcitrol etc levels as i go along and PTH

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I weight 95kg.
Thanks for letting us know and good luck!

Seeksassy

I did do this, and it drastically reduced muscle spasms and joint stiffness. Not sure if I did it right...I was a little nervous about starting at 50,000 right off do gradually worked up from 10,000. And I seem to recall you can only do it for 2-3 months, so I quit. I note in the thread where someone said they had been on for 11 months. I need to do more research, I guess, cause the stiffness and spasms are back. My doc did keep an eye on my calcium levels and I also took k2 & k3.

Folk

I weight 95kg.
Yeah, keep us updated and remember to cut dairy!
Good luck! :)

Seeksassy

That's amazing - he's literally flooding the body with Vit D. Is anyone having any negative reactions that you can tell?

Klimas says everyone should be adding D -even if they don't notice anything - because it's so important to the immune system - this guy is something else though.

I guess you could just slowly work your way and see how it goes.

Fascinating - thanks for posting that.
I believe the risk is in developing kidney stones due to calcium buildup. The vit k2 & k3 is supposed to help with that, and avoid dairy.

Seeksassy

I
private tests for those in the UK
vitamin D http://vitamindtest.org.uk/
PTH ://bluehorizonmedicals.co.uk/epages/89289b91-b6f9-4318-864a-f492cbae7827.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=472527

Excess vitamin D has been implicated in kidney stones but this may provide some reassurance http://consumer.healthday.com/senio...-not-raise-risk-for-kidney-stones-681155.html However this reseach suggests a problem http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25623233
Not up to following the science, maybe someone could comment on these mutations and if they are relevant http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24700880

Personally I try to get my vitamin D in sunlight in the summer. As I feel the cold I sometimes sit outside with bare legs, thick socks and about 3 layers on my top half! A UVB narrowband lamp like these http://www.lighting.philips.com/main/products/special-lighting/phototherapy might be worthwhile but they are a bit pricey.
I've read that the sun needs to be on your face and arms...don't know why it matters.

Issie

Vit K is supposed to help keep the calcium in the bones and out of the veins and arteries with the Vit D. Only thing, it can thicken the blood. Those on blood thinners are cautioned against it.

Issie

This is just a quick note. Recently we discovered I have some calcification in soft tissue. My research on this may indicate my use of Vit D without Vit K and magnesium could potentially cause this. I never could get my Vit D levels up to desired level. Maybe this was a compensatory thing. Seems I may have issues with higher calcium or inability to moderate. Having MCAS, and GastroCrom being one of my best meds for this, makes sense. It is a mild calcium channel blocker.

Issie

Ray C. Parrish

If:
- ME is an autoimmune disease;
- you add a lot more Vit D, as explained;
- Dr. Coimbra is right.

@ San Diego.....Dr. Coimbra will not use the word cure. But how much B2? Remember that Dr. Coimbra creates a special protocol for each patient. But everyone O have interviewed says that they were prescribed 300 mg of B2 daily. Personally since I only take 17,000 IUs of D3 daily I am taking 200 mg.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources