Biohacking Sleep Reveals Clues

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member

Dr. Courtney Craig is into "biohacking" - using tools to measure her health in order to find ways to be healthier. Except for a recent relapse which she recovered from by going on a ketogenic diet - she's healthy. Interestingly, though, this recovered ME/CFS patient found - using a smartphone app - that doing too much activity still affects her sleep. Of course, the fact that she relapsed -after a series of stressors - several years into her recovery - suggests that something is still going on.

• Interestingly eating late had a definite impact on her sleep.
  • Walking too much causes her sleep quality to deteriorate markedly!
  • Coffee did not affect her sleep
  • Neither did stress
It's a quite an app and its a cheap one.

Who Me?

There are some other apps that seem to do the same thing but are free. One I saw is SleepMeister sleep cycle Alarm lite.

I use an app with a Hailstorm that I use every night while I'm trying to fall asleep. I wonder if you can use both? In thinking not.

tatt

eating late increases the chance of night time reflux. The symptoms of that are subtle and easily missed but it causes disturbed sleep. My night time waking, attributed by doctors to depression although I wasn't depressed, ended when I took reflux treatment in the evening.

I find that exercise can prevent me getting to sleep as it can give me a wired brain. I've experimented with phosphylatine serine to reduce the cortisol rise but haven't found a solution. So if Im planning to do much I aim to do it in the morning or early afternoon.

Katherine Autry

Dr. Courtney Craig is into "biohacking" - using tools to measure her health in order to find ways to be healthier. Except for a recent relapse which she recovered from by going on a ketogenic diet - she's healthy. Interestingly, though, this recovered ME/CFS patient found - using a smartphone app - that doing too much activity still affects her sleep. Of course, the fact that she relapsed -after a series of stressors - several years into her recovery - suggests that something is still going on.

• Interestingly eating late had a definite impact on her sleep.
  • Walking too much causes her sleep quality to deteriorate markedly!
  • Coffee did not affect her sleep
  • Neither did stress
It's a quite an app and its a cheap one.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources