Brain Fog is likely mast cell and glial inflammation.

cherubim

Everyone of us takes different things in different combos in different doses because there is no one thing that helps everyone. Good that Valcyte helped you but I can name 10 people that it didn't.

I don't think I said most people are on cromolyn. If I did I meant many here are and there are threads about it. Also tons of threads about histamine and mast cell issues. Just type in the search bar.

Many on forums have been sick for 10 plus years, and most likely have tried everything if not more than you mentioned.

We've learned that all because one thing works for one person doesn't mean it will work for someone else. We talk about our reactions to thing but most never tell anyone that have to take something because it helped them. You just don't know.

If it was as easy as everyone taking the same thing, we wouldn't still be sick.

We already are smarter than most doctors we see. No probably about it.
Has anyone tried PEA? I saw it on Amazon - didn't have great ratings, but it's allegedly a potent mast cell inhibitor: http://www.neuropathie.nu/gliopathi...s-neuropathic-pain-and-palmitoylethanola.html

Who Me?

I don't know your age, but the hospital director told me that medicare will pay for things when a person is in their 50's and 60's - after that, nothing. She said "it's like they want these people to die."

What the heck does this mean? Who are "these" people"? . They seem to be doing quite fine with my 101 year old aunt.

Why in the F would a hospital administer say anything like that to anyone? And still keep his job?

again search and you will see threads about PEA.

cherubim

Why the cranky reaction - having a bad day? I can't account for why the hospital worker made that remark - I'm not inside their head - or yours for that matter. And I'm thankful for both. LOL - I have enough trouble of my own. I think it's probably because he is in the position to see which patients get health services covered and which don't. Why, do you work in hospital administration? It was the 2nd time I heard it - I spoke with a nursing home director on the opposite coast. it's like in other countries, my in-law told me you can't get certain procedures done if you're past a certain age. If you want to take issue and use the F bomb - you're looking in the wrong place. I have enough of my own problems. Try meditating on the 23rd Psalm - it's allegedly brought peace to many. And from the looks of the world today, I'd say it needs it.

Thanks for the heads up about the PEA.

cherubim

What the heck does this mean? Who are "these" people"? . They seem to be doing quite fine with my 101 year old aunt.

Why in the F would a hospital administer say anything like that to anyone? And still keep his job?

again search and you will see threads about PEA.
I hope you are feeling ok today? I ordered several of the meds you spoke of - I hope to God they help. I told my cousin about it last night - she was unaware she could order from overseas pharmacies - she's always in conflict with doctors who think they know best - some anyway. It's like any other profession - the good, the bad, the ugly.

I came across a good article on Marcola about how all of these problems - FMS CFS etc. originate in the gut. Researching is like taking a crash course in biology. I wish I had paid better attention in school...

Hope you have a good day.

cherubim

Yes, I ordered the Pinatos. I appreciated the info - and whoever else recommended the memantine, which I ordered. I kept trying to get them to send me a 2nd box of Pinatos to save shipping, but they must not monitor their email. My head is spinning with all of the information I have been reading. I did not realize just how complex the human body is. i thought I knew a lot, but the more I read the more I realize just how little I know...

I wondered if anyone has tried DHEA, as I've been reading it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, and positive benefits for the immune system. So DHEA may have some effect on mast cells / glial cells. I read the saliva test is best to measure your levels. So I'm trying that also.

IVIG has also had some success in the spectrum of disorders - so there is some interface going on with the immune system. Rather than trying to hunt down a doctor to give me IVIG I bought immunoglobulin from Swansons. I dod not know if it does the same thing.

I thank God for the internet. The medical world has opened up to us. There is so much information to slog through - but we have opportunities that were not open to us previously.

When I went through a disastrous surgery, it was non-doctors I met on the internet who helped me the most. Not that I label doctors bad - one of my children is in medical school. It's that some doctors are patronizing and don't listen, they're afraid to step outside of 'standard-of-care' and sometimes too busy to keep up with research.

I hope the Pinatos works for you. I'll try to post some information I come across that might help someone. "You reap what you sow..." Although I don't claim to understand God fully, I've know His Presence, without a doubt. So I think when we help others, good comes back to us.

Lostfalco

Hey guys, just a quick update on sourcing local ibudilast.

I've contacted Paul at www.ceretropic.com as well as Alex, the owner of https://irc.bio/ and they've both expressed interest in supplying it.

Paul has in-house testing equipment and Ceretropic has an excellent reputation in the nootropics community for quality and purity.

My guess is that we might be able to speed things up if he saw there was significant demand...so, feel free to shoot him an email and encourage him to supply it. Then we wouldn't have to depend on Mimaki as much in the future.

Here's Paul's contanct info.
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/MisterYouAreSoDumb/
Ceretropic: support@ceretropic.com

Alex at irc.bio: support@irc.bio

Last edited:

cherubim

Got mine today. Thank's who me. I thought the Japanese pharmacy shipped it quickly. First time I dealt with them though.

I read that low DHEA levels can rocket up inflammation, and the source I read said to do the saliva DHEA test. The more I researched, the more it led me back to the gut as the source of inflammation.

Remy

Administrator
Hey guys, just a quick update on sourcing local ibudilast.

I've contacted Paul at www.ceretropic.com as well as the owner (he wants his name private for now) of https://irc.bio/ and they've both expressed interest in supplying it.

Paul has in-house testing equipment and Ceretropic has an excellent reputation in the nootropics community for quality and purity.

My guess is that we might be able to speed things up if he saw there was significant demand...so, feel free to shoot him an email and encourage him to supply it. Then we wouldn't have to depend on Mimaki as much in the future.

Here's Paul's contanct info.
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/MisterYouAreSoDumb/
Ceretropic: support@ceretropic.com

The owner of irc.bio: support@irc.bio
I got this reply from Ceretropic. :(

We currently do not have plans on carrying this product. Unfortunately, we are having some issues finding a reliable source.

Thank you,

Lostfalco

I got this reply from Ceretropic. :(

We currently do not have plans on carrying this product. Unfortunately, we are having some issues finding a reliable source.

Thank you,
Sad. Thanks for checking with them, Remy!

I messaged Paul three days ago and got this: "I actually have looked into ibudilast. I have been interested in it for some time. Both the PDE-4 and opioid tolerance effects are very cool. I'll probably work on getting some synthed once Ceretropic is back up and running smoothly."

So, maybe there's hope...it just might be a little while.

In the meantime, there's always Alex. =) support@irc.bio

Last edited:

Lostfalco

Since we are on the topic of brain fog, I wanted to share with you guys another substance that I've been getting A LOT of positive feedback on lately: intranasal insulin.

It's been tested in over three dozen human trials and has been repeatedly shown to enhance cognition without affecting blood sugar or insulin levels.

The reason it works is that intranasal administration of insulin bypasses the blood brain barrier and activates insulin receptors that are especially prevalent in the hippocampus, hypothalamus, and cerebral cortex.

It increases brain energy levels (ATP and phosphocreatine), significantly reduces neuroinflammation, and protects against neuronal oxidative stress by restoring antioxidants and energy metabolism (my post has citations for ALL of these).

Sounds like an amazing trifecta against brain fog to me!

I talk about how to buy it legally over the counter without a prescription for $25 and make it at home here: http://www.lostfalco.com/intranasal-insulin/

I also extensively discuss safety in the post because I know insulin triggers a lot of warning bells in people's minds.

Understandably so!

The blog post is still under construction (technically, I'm remodeling it) but I wanted to go ahead and share it with you guys because you can try it today if you want to and I think it has tremendous potential to help with brain fog (of course, nothing works for everyone).

I think this is especially true for those who feel like they've tried everything but nothing has worked.

Here are a few recent testimonials I've received (all quoted with permission):

“I have been using intranasal insulin for the past week or so, and am honestly shocked at its effectiveness. It seems to reduce the brain fog and neuroinflammation associated with my Sjogren’s syndrome.” -Sean P.

"I've been using intranasal insulin for around two weeks now and seeing very good results. Subjectively, my memory has improved so much in such a short amount of time that I can hardly believe. I say this as someone that has tried hundreds of nootropics." -Hormesis

"I've been taking INI for about 2 weeks now at 4 10IU doses a day. I've tried quite a few nootropics including some of what I consider to be the stronger/more noticeable ones like semax, selank, bromantane etc. INI has been the most noticeable so far. After a few days I noticed my mood leveling out, and I was waking up more refreshed from sleep. I feel like my memory has improved, but I haven't tested it to know for sure. It has helped improve my anhedonia though for sure." -Thoarke

I genuinely hope it helps you!

Remy

Administrator
Since we are on the topic of brain fog, I wanted to share with you guys another substance that I've been getting A LOT of positive feedback on lately: intranasal insulin.

It's been tested in over three dozen human trials and has been repeatedly shown to enhance cognition without affecting blood sugar or insulin levels.

The reason it works is that intranasal administration of insulin bypasses the blood brain barrier and activates insulin receptors that are especially prevalent in the hippocampus, hypothalamus, and cerebral cortex.

It increases brain energy levels (ATP and phosphocreatine), significantly reduces neuroinflammation, and protects against neuronal oxidative stress by restoring antioxidants and energy metabolism (my post has citations for ALL of these).

Sounds like an amazing trifecta against brain fog to me!

I talk about how to buy it legally over the counter without a prescription for $25 and make it at home here: http://www.lostfalco.com/intranasal-insulin/

I also extensively discuss safety in the post because I know insulin triggers a lot of warning bells in people's minds.

Understandably so!

The blog post is still under construction (technically, I'm remodeling it) but I wanted to go ahead and share it with you guys because you can try it today if you want to and I think it has tremendous potential to help with brain fog (of course, nothing works for everyone).

I think this is especially true for those who feel like they've tried everything but nothing has worked.

Here are a few recent testimonials I've received (all quoted with permission):

“I have been using intranasal insulin for the past week or so, and am honestly shocked at its effectiveness. It seems to reduce the brain fog and neuroinflammation associated with my Sjogren’s syndrome.” -Sean P.

"I've been using intranasal insulin for around two weeks now and seeing very good results. Subjectively, my memory has improved so much in such a short amount of time that I can hardly believe. I say this as someone that has tried hundreds of nootropics." -Hormesis

"I've been taking INI for about 2 weeks now at 4 10IU doses a day. I've tried quite a few nootropics including some of what I consider to be the stronger/more noticeable ones like semax, selank, bromantane etc. INI has been the most noticeable so far. After a few days I noticed my mood leveling out, and I was waking up more refreshed from sleep. I feel like my memory has improved, but I haven't tested it to know for sure. It has helped improve my anhedonia though for sure." -Thoarke

I genuinely hope it helps you!
We should make this a whole new thread! @Cort, could you please help?

rebar

I agree Remy, a separate topic.

I do wish though we as a group could better stay on topic.

Last edited:

Lostfalco

I agree Remy, a separate topic.

I do wish though we as a group could better stay on topic.
Sorry about that! As a newb on this forum I didn't feel comfortable starting a new topic. You're right, even though it's brain fog related it should probably be its own thread. =)

Remy

Administrator
Sorry about that! As a newb on this forum I didn't feel comfortable starting a new topic. You're right, even though it's brain fog related it should probably be its own thread. =)
No worries! I just want to make sure it doesn't get lost in this thread for others who might be interested.

Start all the new threads you like!!

rebar

It wasn't about your post, Lostfalco. I've been reading your site for a while now and am really pleased to see you magically appear here on HR.
Brain and cognitive issues are such a major problem for most of this community, myself included. Glad to see science based suggestions.

once again welcome

cherubim

Intersting but are there any condraications?
To: Who me? I hope you understand - there was no offense intended. You sound like a caring person. I am in a race to find answers for my health issues - I'm sure we all are. Had I known you would have been irritated at the medical worker's remark, I would not have repeated it. I had no way of knowing. I try to pass on information that I learn, in the hope that it will help someone else.

I believe it was you who suggested the Memantine and Ibidulast - I ordered it. I received the Ibidilast and started it, and am tolerating it well. Since this is a brain fog thread, I came across information again at how inflammation is at the root of it all - then it points to digestion again. But my brain is so filled with medical journals - I have not found conclusive answers.

I came across documentation that SOD - Superoxide Dismutase - works to help brain inflammatory conditions. The problem is, SOD is not absorbed readily, as it is broken down in the digestive system. You can try the GliSODin - which is SOD bound to a wheat protein, or liposomal SOD. I didn't want to take wheat, so i've been combing the internet and can't find where to buy it.

Cort - you are probably already 10 steps ahead of me on this - but did you ever do an article on SOD ? Theoretically, since it controls inflammation, it could help brain fog/ other issues. Maybe you/ someone else found a good place to buy it.

cherubim

Has anyone tried NK1 agonists for this? I'm following different paths and found neurogenic inflammation and NK1 agonists.

rebar

Lostfalco and others, so many interesting things to try and so little time.

Anyone going to attempt insulin nasal spray?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources