Captain Underpants! Ron Davis Like You've Never Seen Him Before - The OMF Underwear Funding Drive

Discussion in 'ME/CFS and FM News' started by Cort, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Join "Captain Underpants" (aka Dr. Ron Davis, OMF Scientific Advisory Board Director) !

Be Our Superhero! Wear Your Undies On The Outside for ME/CFS

We’re reaching out now to announce the launch of an exciting campaign to raise money for ME/CFS research that was put together for the OMF End ME/CFS Project by a lot of hard work by some awesome new friends in the UK and Australia!

As you know, ME/CFS is an “invisible illness,” but starting today, we’re wearing our support on the outside – with our undies!

The Undies Challenge aims to be a fun and engaging campaign that encourages conversation around the common misconceptions about the condition as well as raising much-needed funds. The nature of the challenge is also sensitive to those who are bed-bound or physically limited, allowing everyone to convey their energy and passion for life, though ME/CFS often means they can't.​

All funds will be going to the OMF End ME/CFS Project.

Our initial goal is to raise $10,000 by International ME/CFS & FM Awareness Day on May 12. After that, the sky's the limit!

[​IMG]
    And we need your help. We’d love if you’d be our superhero (superheroes wear their undies on the outside, and you need to be a superhero to live with this disease)!

What do you do now?
    • Share the message! Feel free to forward this email to let your networks in on the campaign.
    • Do the challenge! Simply wear your Undies On The Outside, or get as creative as you want! Share the photos with your social media networks (instructions below), and take a look at an example attached for inspiration.
    • Follow us on Facebook.com/UOTOchallenge and twitter.com/UOTOchallenge to see everyone’s photos, as well as for updates on the campaign.
    HOW DO I DO THE CHALLENGE? (post your photo on social media, then copy & paste these instructions)
    I’m a Superhero and wearing my undies on the outside to end ME/CFS! I nominate X, Y and Z to do the #UndiesChallenge
    1. Take a photo or video wearing your undies on the outside
    2. Donate $10 to the Open Medicine Foundation's END ME/CFS Project at bit.ly/UOTO1
    3. Share the photo / video on social media using the hashtag #UndiesChallenge
    4. Tag 3 other people. They have 24 hours!
    [​IMG]
    If you have any questions or want any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Best,
    [​IMG]
    Linda Tannenbaum
    CEO, Open Medicine Foundation
    www.openmedicinefoundation.org
    www.undiesontheoutside.org

Would you like to forward this email to a friend? Click here.

Share This Email: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tammy7, Seanko, GG and 3 others like this.
  2. Cort

The problem for me is that I actually don't have any underpants..

3. Seven

Seven Well-Known Member

It is worrying me that we have too many campaigns going, I want us to make some impact at least in the media so do I put a profile picture in FB of the shoes in the driveway or me w underpants on top???

4. Veet

Veet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Who Me? likes this.
  5. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

@Veet bra-vo... pun intended? :hilarious:

Who Me? and Veet like this.
  6. Veet

Veet Well-Known Member

:joyful:

bobby and Who Me? like this.
  7. GG

GG Well-Known Member

yeah, not sure if I should ask why?

GG

8. Issie

Issie Well-Known Member

Captain Comando. LoL!
    Issie

Tammy7, GG and Who Me? like this.
  9. Cort

Gotta flow free - let them go years ago...

10. Tammy7

Tammy7 Well-Known Member

How about both.:)

Seven likes this.
  11. Seven

Seven Well-Known Member

Dah! ok I Will split the picture in 2 w a collage app.

Tammy7 likes this.