Could Donald Trump Be Good For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia?

Donald Trumps Plans to Deregulate the FDA would be ? for ME/CFS and/or FM

• Very good

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Somewhat good

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Neutral or don't know

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Somewhat bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very bad

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

Strike me lucky

he had the NIH set aside one million dollars for the Institute of Medicine (IOM) to set up a panel to look into ME/CFS.

1million dollars is probably less then he gets payed to talk to some crowd on climate change. Thats just a token amount to shut people up. Most of it would have been chewed up in wages of the people from the IOM to produce some politically correct document.

A state in australia, Queensland, with about 5 million people has more government funding for cfs then the whole usa. People are saying that the funding by the Qld government isnt enough.

We have to get real, government funding world wide on cfsme is pathetic.

Strike me lucky

But the real evil and harm is yet to come.

Thats a cool aid statement, telling the future.

If the dems got in they would be approving peoples gender on if they identify as micky mouse or goofy.

Obama giving billions to Iran who disperse it to isis.

When clinton thought she was going to win, she was getting ready to start ww3 with Russia, thats smart to pick a fight with a country with possibly more atomic weapons then USA.

Dems keep denying it but they were controlling the media and giving out false information daily, it was so obvious that most saw through all this garbage they were spewing out. All to protect the money they get through their middle east interest groups. Cant even explain all the money in the clinton foundation. Its a joke.

ankaa

This was a fantastic Slate article that really helped me understand how Trump's mind works.

Narcissists have profound cognitive distortions... They can only see what's right in front of them (like an addict)... This point is extremely relevant to this thread b/c at face value - more drugs on the market..yea! Less regulation... yea! - seems like a good idea. However, Trump can't figure out the ramifications and he's surrounded by sociopaths who don't care (insurance coverage impacts already discussed). Many examples of his flawed, quick fix thinking (botched yemen raid, muslim travel ban rollout to name a couple; my personal favorite is the delusion that manufacturing jobs are coming back from china, as robots and automation are literally taking over millions of jobs all over the world... his followers don't read wsj and bloomberg, or work in tech... the ones who do know don't care about all the ppl who are going to be screwed by robots & automation).

tl;dr ... if ppl don't know by now that he's a con artist, they never will...

ankaa

If the dems got in they would be approving peoples gender on if they identify as micky mouse or goofy.

When clinton thought she was going to win, she was getting ready to start ww3 with Russia, thats smart to pick a fight with a country with possibly more atomic weapons then USA.

Dems keep denying it but they were controlling the media and giving out false information daily, it was so obvious that most saw through all this garbage they were spewing out. All to protect the money they get through their middle east interest groups. Cant even explain all the money in the clinton foundation. Its a joke.

uh, way off topic... chill out on the word salad

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Wasnt there video footage of obama talking to a cfser at a conference a few yrs back and was going to have his people look into it?? Still waiting.

If people dont just look at cnn for news, trump was mentioning quicker drug approvals and also increase market competition so people could get cheaper medication overseas covered by insurance. Wants more opportunities to shop around for better prices instead of limiting peoples choices.
Still waiting!

Cort

Staff member
Trump lies like he breathes. He can't stop and people eat it up with a spoon. It's mind boggling. He is a master manipulator, for sure.

There is such a thing as a verifiable fact. Sometimes your opinions just make you wrong. Which is fine, to each their own, until those opinions cause the suffering of others.

People are already coming out saying that they didn't really believe Trump would dismantle the ACA...and voted against their own interests. I feel really bad for people that fell for his lies because they are the ones that will suffer in the end.

I was not a HC supporter but there is no question that her position on issues that matter to the disabled and elderly would have been far more beneficial.
It's true....He's almost a pathological in his lying. He's been doing it for so long that I don't even think he realizes he's doing it any more. It's astonishing!

Cort

Staff member
I think it is great that Trump is looking into a better way for finding ways for medicine to be approved faster. I don't believe he is looking into getting "richer" and cutting Tax money to give to the rich. Why would he be looking into the pharmacy companies and how they are processing new medicines? I think he has all the money he needs and has realized it is time to help others. I also think he believes that the Federal Goverment has too many unnecessary regulations. None of the past presidents have put this as their priority especially to those who need medicine so desperately. This has been long overdue and about time a President follows his convictions.
I really do not support Trump but I do believe that he wants business to prosper and he certainly wants to cut regulations - I think we can trust him on this - and in this case he may do some good for people for ME/CFS/FM...that's coming from a strong Hilary supporter. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Cort

Staff member
Since some are giving their opinions on Trump in general, I guess my right to free speech applies as well :) Just watch, he is going to be one of the best Presidents this nation has ever seen.

You certainly can't say he 'owes' big pharma anything, or anyone else for that matter and for those who think he doesn't care about people, well you might think again, because he got elected by people who recognized someone who cares and cares a lot about the citizens of this country. In contrast to someone who thinks that those who don't support them are 'deplorable'.

In answer to the question posed in this thread, I'd ask just what did the past eight years do for ME/CFS, research, cost of insurance, or drugs? Looking at the new secretary of HHS, Dr. Price, and what he's always said about the state of health care and his suggestions to improve the system, I'm very optimistic that indeed this administration will be better for ME/CFS patients.
We shall see! I certainly don't impugn Trumps motives. I think he wants to cut regulations to help business...

I really don't see how repealing the ACA is going to help.....It enabled me to get good insurance without wiping me out....That was a big win. I don't think Trump has a clue how to do that - another example of him speaking without knowing what he is talking about IMO.

But it's quite possible that Trump may help with the FDA - which is totally stuck regarding ME/CFS and other diseases which effect large numbers of people but are not getting help from pharma.

Cort

Staff member
Thank you for at least being open to the possibility that President Trump may do some good things for us and the country. Maybe the cost of drugs will come down, also.
It wasn't easy for me Jeanie :shifty::shifty::shifty: but what the heck we shall see!

Ladyliegh

Putting my feelings for Trump to one side...

My real concern is he is on the money side.(The Pharmaceutical companies & Insurance companies) Are these companies going to lower prices? I think we will see more trial drugs released earlier, but will they be affordable, will insurance cover them?
I fear it will be price gouging & insurance will most likely not cover these drugs.
Right now I need to battle my Insurance over my prescription for Lyrica, it costs over 600$ & they are refusing to cover it.
More drugs to help us with CFS would be great! But only if we can afford them.

Paw

I've been struggling to find some understanding (and hope, frankly) out of sentiments, like yours, that exhibit such a limited interest in factuality. I want to resist sweeping conclusions about all Trump supporters; e.g., that your comfort with putting a bar-stool-type blowhard in charge of our country must mark an impassable divide between us in all respects. I would hope you don't treat, say, medical research with the same gossipy conclusions, unconcerned about discriminating between facts and fallacies. I want to believe there are areas in which you are willing to actually observe the details of something before reacting with such bar-room-level punditry.

(That said, I can already tell by your bigoted, gender-identity smears that you and I will probably never see eye to eye on anything, and that I have no interest in getting to know you further. I'm sure such remarks play well on Breitbart, but they are a deal-killer for me.)

I realize that, for many, politics is sort of like football, where it really doesn't matter much whether you perform your Monday-morning quarterbacking based on falsehoods and malicious gossip. (I'm happy to have a "strong" opinion about Tom Brady without really knowing more than whatever headlines I happen to see. It can be kind of fun to gossip.)

The problem is that, with politics, real people's lives are at stake. It is our civic responsibility to insist upon the truth, as best we can. My actual healthcare (for example) is at stake when Donald Trump and his friends trash Obamacare with smears and lies. So I don't find it amusing when, the other day, he pronounced, "No one knew how complicated healthcare was." (Yeah, right. In other words, you guys were too busy trying to win partisan battles to be even vaguely interested in the details of the problem; and now that your rhetoric has caught up with reality you have nothing to offer except, maybe, returning to high-risk pools!)

Or: our actual national security is at stake when Trump drunkenly calls the Iran agreement the worst deal in the history of the world simply because it was a Democratic administration that produced such a diplomatic breakthrough. (And, no, Obama did not "give billions to Iran"; these facts matter, and should be treated with respect.)

Anyway, I think I get it that many of you are in the habit of treating politics like an unruly sport -- where it's okay to try to fake out the umpires and spout opinions based only allegiances instead of truth. (Honestly, without this understanding it's very hard for me to forgive those who put a lying, sociopathic, narcissist with the attention span of a five-year-old in charge of my grandchildren's world.)

This fight will not let up. Because too many people who are actually impacted by these cynical, power-hungry blowhards will never acquiesce to normalizing this assault on science, truth, logic, justice, compassion, and progress.

Progress is always, by definition, incremental in a democratic system. But that is no justification for drunken proclamations that we need to blow up the whole system, sacrificing truth (and lives) along the way.

Remy

Administrator
No, it's more a logical conclusion, following through on the inevitable results of Trump's policies with regards to the American population.

You're scaring me here! I'm truly surprised that you would hold such views.

Cort

Staff member

I've been commenting on Fox News lately. What I notice more than anything is this demonization of the "dems" or "libs" or whatever. It's clear the one side of the political spectrum sees the other side in almost a caricature. The democrats are portrayed as "dems", "libs", whiney libs.

Here's just a sprinkling from some recent comments on Fox
left wing crybabies.....demoncRATS are RETARDED.....DIMS ARE CHILDREN IN ADULT CLOTHING.....
Want to know how to Tell a Democrat is lying? Their lips are moving!

It's just amazing...I never saw anything like that until I went onto FOX....

An incredible amount of anger and disparagement...A lot of conspiracy thinking....It's really something!

Strike me lucky

No, it's more a logical conclusion, following through on the inevitable results of Trump's policies with regards to the American population.

You're scaring me here! I'm truly surprised that you would hold such views.

So you dont have any tolerance for other peoples views. Instead you take the moral high ground that your views are correct and if one doesnt have the same view they are evil or some other sort of put down.

He hasnt been in long enough to make a judgement on what he will be like as a president. If he is that bad he will be voted out in 4 yrs.

I cant believe you cant see how evil clinton is. Never tells the truth and changes her opinion on something depending on the political area. How do u know what your getting with her or if shes even with it enough to make a decision.

You bring up the supposed sex changes of trump but there's been no convictions nothing, probably more fake news again, yet no mention of bill clintons rape offences and how hillary has bullied these victims. And no mention of the pedophilia ring they are involved in.

Obvious set up and ego power grab to get Sanders booted out of the way, not that he would be much better. That shows her narcissistic true colours.

Strike me lucky

The democrats are portrayed as "dems", "libs", whiney libs.

Probably saw some truth where lib protestors with faces covered destroying private property. Doing huge amounts of damage all over the country. Cnn want show that, they are too busy saying that tumps daughters are wearing inappropriate dresses , which was just bull but as usual.

Strike me lucky

I've been struggling to find some understanding (and hope, frankly) out of sentiments, like yours, that exhibit such a limited interest in factuality. I want to resist sweeping conclusions about all Trump supporters; e.g., that your comfort with putting a bar-stool-type blowhard in charge of our country must mark an impassable divide between us in all respects. I would hope you don't treat, say, medical research with the same gossipy conclusions, unconcerned about discriminating between facts and fallacies. I want to believe there are areas in which you are willing to actually observe the details of something before reacting with such bar-room-level punditry.

(That said, I can already tell by your bigoted, gender-identity smears that you and I will probably never see eye to eye on anything, and that I have no interest in getting to know you further. I'm sure such remarks play well on Breitbart, but they are a deal-killer for me.)

I realize that, for many, politics is sort of like football, where it really doesn't matter much whether you perform your Monday-morning quarterbacking based on falsehoods and malicious gossip. (I'm happy to have a "strong" opinion about Tom Brady without really knowing more than whatever headlines I happen to see. It can be kind of fun to gossip.)

The problem is that, with politics, real people's lives are at stake. It is our civic responsibility to insist upon the truth, as best we can. My actual healthcare (for example) is at stake when Donald Trump and his friends trash Obamacare with smears and lies. So I don't find it amusing when, the other day, he pronounced, "No one knew how complicated healthcare was." (Yeah, right. In other words, you guys were too busy trying to win partisan battles to be even vaguely interested in the details of the problem; and now that your rhetoric has caught up with reality you have nothing to offer except, maybe, returning to high-risk pools!)

Or: our actual national security is at stake when Trump drunkenly calls the Iran agreement the worst deal in the history of the world simply because it was a Democratic administration that produced such a diplomatic breakthrough. (And, no, Obama did not "give billions to Iran"; these facts matter, and should be treated with respect.)

Anyway, I think I get it that many of you are in the habit of treating politics like an unruly sport -- where it's okay to try to fake out the umpires and spout opinions based only allegiances instead of truth. (Honestly, without this understanding it's very hard for me to forgive those who put a lying, sociopathic, narcissist with the attention span of a five-year-old in charge of my grandchildren's world.)

This fight will not let up. Because too many people who are actually impacted by these cynical, power-hungry blowhards will never acquiesce to normalizing this assault on science, truth, logic, justice, compassion, and progress.

Progress is always, by definition, incremental in a democratic system. But that is no justification for drunken proclamations that we need to blow up the whole system, sacrificing truth (and lives) along the way.

You have taken the high moral ground without looking in the mirror.

America is in better shape with a blowhard then some evil , compulsive liar, being payed off by interest groups. As well as putting any women working in the white house at risk of sexual abuse from her husband. Even Hillary's own staff hated her as she would go off on her psychotic rants.

You must have a filtering system that only shows you happy moments of the dems and the cnn evil moments of trump, how dare he say make america great.

madie

I think the republican party has been playing a very long game, deeply funded by business interests that are about to reap the rewards of massive de-regulation. Fox "news" has been a fundamental, necessary part of this game, mis-educating and scaring a large portion of our populace for 8 years (longer?). Facebook newsfeeds are tailored to show us more of what we already read, reinforcing stories that are not factually based.

Because I view this election as the result of long-term collusion of massively wealthy businessmen, I do not believe that Trump will, overall, be good for ME/CFS or FM. I think he will always choose the path that gives the most possible money to big business. I can't think of a scenario in which this helps us, but maybe a trickle-down? No, wait, that didn't work either.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources