Epigenetic modifications and glucocorticoid sensitivity in ME/CFS

Jill T

From Millions Missing Canada FB post:

Sharing his exciting epigenetic research with us at the Toronto "Sick-In", Wilfred De Vega, PhD candidate at the University of Toronto, is presenting his breakthrough findings in a subgroup of ME patients at the International ME Conference in Fort Lauderdale tomorrow.

Listen here!

Jill T

Sorry, the video was taken offline today. It will be re-released after publication of the research.

Jill T

Shared from Millions Missing Canada. This research has just been published.

Canadian Researcher Patrick McGowan of UofT Toronto, presented these results at the IACFS/ME Conference in October 2016. The paper was published yesterday and this study can now be freely shared.
Will de Vega, a member of the lab, was interviewed during our October Protest outside of Health Canada.
"Our results indicate DNA methylation modifications in cellular metabolism in ME/CFS despite a heterogeneous patient population, implicating these processes in immune and HPA axis dysfunction in ME/CFS. Modifications to epigenetic loci associated with differences in glucocorticoid sensitivity may be important as biomarkers for future clinical testing. Overall, these findings align with recent ME/CFS work that point towards impairment in cellular energy production in this patient population."

https://bmcmedgenomics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12920-017-0248-3

12920_2017_248_Fig1_HTML.gif

12920_2017_248_Fig3_HTML.gif

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources