Former Police Officer With ME/CFS Commits Suicide Over Lack of Care

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Sad story highlights the lack of care for the severely ill in the UK. The only avenue for her was a mental care facility apparently - and it was booked up anyway.

Described as a joyful and fiercely independent person she woke up one day and could not move her legs. Eventually she could not sleep, was bed-bound and spent much of her time in the dark, with ear protectors on. She hung herself in her garden...An inquest is being held.....

Wow..So sad what some people have to go through....:drowning::drowning::drowning:

Who Me?

No words. I wonder how many of us have to die before someone gives a shit.

Last edited:

Issie

Having a chronic illness is very tiring. If a person can just get past that moment of wanting to be out of the pain and stick it out until that moment/time of down emotion passes and tell yourself it will pass.

We really don't want to die. We wouldn't still be searching for a cause or solution if we did. We just have to get ourselves through those bad days. It's not easy!!!

Anyone that has a chronic, long term illness - has had days of complete utter despair. Sometimes there is worse things than death. Those are no longer in pain. But the ones aware and left behind - sure are. But there is so much to live for - so much to learn.

One of us may be the one to help provide a crucial part to the puzzle. But ultimately, for sure, the Almighty sees what we people are enduring and it saddens him. This was not how he intended his Creation of man to be.

Issie

Last edited:

Who Me?

@Issie Please put in some paragraph breaks, at least every 2nd or 3rd line. See how Cort did it. I can read @Cort 's post. I cannot read yours at all. It's all one big blurry mess.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Having a chronic illness is very tiring. If a person can just get past that moment of wanting to be out of the pain and stick it out until that moment/time of down emotion passes and tell yourself it will pass.

We really don't want to die. We wouldn't still be searching for a cause or solution if we did. We just have to get ourselves through those bad days. It's not easy!!!

Anyone that has a chronic, long term illness - has had days of complete utter despair. Sometimes there is worse things than death. Those are no longer in pain. But the ones aware and left behind - sure are. But there is so much to live for - so much to learn.

One of us may be the one to help provide a crucial part to the puzzle. But ultimately, for sure, the Almighty sees what we people are enduring and it saddens him. This was not how he intended his Creation of man to be.

Issie
Wonderfully written Issie!

Carole

Issie
The sad thing is when no one understands , including a Dr. how sick you are-and that it is not going away!

Very heartbreaking to hear of a death from the struggle.

Carole

Who Me?

That's how I talk. I swear and have for years. Trying to impress people with swearing? That's a new one.

If you don't want to read it ignore me. Click on your name at the top and on the right side towards the bottom it says people you ignore.

Somehow saying I hope someone gives a hoot doesn't convey the message as strongly.

Last edited:

Who Me?

We're talking about people killing themselves over this disease. That should outrage you so you to want to swear and scream at the top of your lungs. If someone thinks it is inappropriate then I have to wonder about them.

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources