Gastrocrom

Issie

Thanks so much. Your symptoms sound exactly like mine except for the Kounis. I, too, carry an epipen - have since I was a kid. I’ve made countless anaphylaxis ER trips over the years. You described well the out of control feeling along with severe anxiety and inability to think. I’ve always called it an out of body experience - like I can almost observe myself from above and have no control. (It sounds crazy unless you’ve experienced it!).

I’m amazed that Gastrocrom helps with all that. I was told it would only help with GI issues, which, while annoying, are the least of my concerns.

Do you take it 4 times per day, 30 minutes before meals? Also, how long did it take to notice an effect? Thanks.
I also use Allegra and 1/2 Zantac at bed.
When I first started GastroCrom I built up slowly. Only one vial 2 times a day. Then gradually went up. Initially I did go to full dose of 2 vials 4x a day at least 30 minutes before meals. Now I do it 2 or more times a day. Depends on the day. I always do the bedtime dose. Mast cells tend to degranulate worse at night and disturb sleep. Without it, there isn't much sleep. It keeps things more calm and I sleep better. Without, I wake up having "attacks" with tremors and tachycardia. Rude awakening. I also take it upon waking up. If I need the other two doses, I take them. But now 2 times a day is working.

I do think the Tramadol helps. It moderates NMDA and glutamate response. Puts you more into a parasympathetic mode and out of a sympathetic mode. It also helps balance other neurotransmitters and helps with mood. I only use 1 at bed. If it starts to not work, I go off it for at least a week - sometimes two. Then go back on it. It resets and starts working again. With a Bentyl which is a very mild muscle relaxer, also at night, it helps my FMS and other pains to calm down and I sleep better. If I have to reset the Tramadol, I go off the Bentyl too.
Issie

Issie

There is a website from a girl; Josie, who used to be a nurse, in the UK who has mast cell issues really bad. She has a very good site for learning. She also loves to help people. She stays in touch with US Doctors too. Here is her site - www.iamast.com

Issie

San Diego

Passing something of interest on. I have been saying for a few years, I thought there was an imbalance in the Kyrienine pathway with zinc to copper ratio. Appears this can also affect. MCAS. Also makes sense why I'm so much better having added zinc, p5p, r5p, and mag oil.

https://samanthagilbert.com/histamine-mast-cell-disorder-or-methylation-imbalance/

Issie
Good point. This is exactly why I love Cronometer - it tracks this and other ratios, so I’m able to tweet my supplements to stay between the rails without guessing. :)

Issie

Here is a utube interview by the girl who wrote that above and Dr Mensah that she wrote about. Interesting the part our methylation plays in all this. Depends on if we are under or over methylaters as to whether we would feel better as vegans or meat eaters. Also whether or not MFolate would be good for us even with MTHFR issues.
I'm looking forward to listening to some of the other interviews.
Issie

Remy

Administrator

Here is a utube interview by the girl who wrote that above and Dr Mensah that she wrote about. Interesting the part our methylation plays in all this. Depends on if we are under or over methylaters as to whether we would feel better as vegans or meat eaters. Also whether or not MFolate would be good for us even with MTHFR issues.
I'm looking forward to listening to some of the other interviews.
Issie
Except that you get 30% more ATP from ketones over glucose per molecule. That's enough to feel a difference. And while it is possible to do a vegan ketotic diet, it's certainly not easy.

Marisah

Hello, I am new to this forum and was diagnosed with CFS. My doctor in Miami recently put me on Gastrocrom. I suffer from this horrible heartburn feeling after eating. It is suspected that I may have MCAS. Also, I think I may have SIBO. The Gastrocrom is helping somewhat but still I get heartburn. It's always worse in am. Does anyone else get heartburn and has the gastrocrom helped? I tried Zantac but it makes my liver hurt.

Issie

Hello, I am new to this forum and was diagnosed with CFS. My doctor in Miami recently put me on Gastrocrom. I suffer from this horrible heartburn feeling after eating. It is suspected that I may have MCAS. Also, I think I may have SIBO. The Gastrocrom is helping somewhat but still I get heartburn. It's always worse in am. Does anyone else get heartburn and has the gastrocrom helped? I tried Zantac but it makes my liver hurt.
Zantac is an H2 blocker. I can only use 1/2 of one or I hurt too. But you should not use an H2 without an H1 blocker - like Allegra. The H2 will convert into H1 and cause more issues without blocking it. I was told to always use both together.

Have you tried enzymes? Also, alot of times there is to little acid rather than to much and Betaine is needed. There is a challange you can do to determine if you need more acid or not.

With SIBO many find they can't use probiotics. There is too much bacteria in the small intestine and they shouldn't be there. Sometimes a good cleanse will help.

Issie

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources