Hematologic Ozone put me in remission

Khorwitz1

I have been getting IVs of Amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins (including glutathione and methyl b12. It helped me to become more functional. However, my body could not handle any exertion/oxidative stress. My doctor started hematologic Ozone on me. She takes out 200 cc s of my blood, adds Ozone (blood comes back a lighter color). She then gives blood back to me. Takes about 1 hour. By the 4th treatment I began to notice how much better I was feeling. I have now had 9 treatments - I no longer need my wheelchair, I am able to walk 10000 steps in a day, my brain fog is exponentially improved and I feel like every day there is something I can now do, that I was unable to do before. I was, like so many of you are, completely incapacitated. Now I am getting my life back! I think my dream of playing tennis agin may happen!!
Taking 1000 mgmof curcuming and 100mg of acetylene lcarnitine twice a day has helped too! My friends and family are blown away by my progress...as am I! There is hope!

Hope

Wonderful! So glad for you... You must be thrilled. Please pace yourself though!
Does the ozone kill pathogens in your blood, is that how it's supposed to work?
@khorowitz1

Khorwitz1

It oxygenates your blood to reduce problems with oxidative stress, reaches mitochondria to help them produce energy properly and improves immune system. My ANA, which has always been high, is now normal!

Hip

AquaFit

Fantastic, Korwitz1! Curious - has your doctor mentioned if daily oxygen breathing through a mask from a portable oxygen tank for a short period of time) will fit in down the road as maintenance therapy?

Hip

Curious - has your doctor mentioned if daily oxygen breathing through a mask from a portable oxygen tank for a short period of time) will fit in down the road as maintenance therapy?

Oxygen has no connection to ozone therapy, and breathing oxygen has no effect anyway, unless you have lung problems or the like (hemoglobin is nearly 100% saturated even when breathing air).

Last edited:

AquaFit

Oxygen has no connection to ozone therapy, and breathing oxygen has no effect anyway, unless you have lung problems or the like (hemoglobin is nearly 100% saturated even when breathing air).

So...this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312702/ "Ozone (O3) gas discovered in the mid-nineteenth century is a molecule consisting of three atoms of oxygen in a dynamically unstable structure due to the presence of mesomeric states...Mechanism of actions is by inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa, stimulation of oxygen metabolism, activation of the immune system..."

I thought that introducing ozone would kickstart methylation...
"Methylation is the process of taking a single carbon and three hydrogens, known as a methyl group, and applying it to countless critical functions in your body such as: thinking, repairing DNA, turning on and off genes, fighting infections and getting rid of environmental toxins to name a few.Jan 8, 2014" - Google definition

Hip

"Ozone (O3) gas discovered in the mid-nineteenth century is a molecule consisting of three atoms of oxygen"

Yes, that's right, ozone (O3) is a molecule comprising 3 atoms of the element oxygen, and the oxygen (O2) we breathe is a molecule consisting of 2 atoms of the element oxygen.

But ozone (O3) and oxygen (O2) are different chemicals, with different properties, and so you cannot substitute one for another.

Lissa

Is it possible that an ozone machine would deliver similar effects? Or does it have to be IV? Has anyone experimented?

AquaFit

Yes, that's right, ozone (O3) is a molecule comprising 3 atoms of the element oxygen, and the oxygen (O2) we breathe is a molecule consisting of 2 atoms of the element oxygen.

But ozone (O3) and oxygen (O2) are different chemicals, with different properties, and so you cannot substitute one for another.

They're not the same, of course...so how does ozone therapy work?

Dr. Perrin told me tank oxygen for an hour a day can help energy levels...any idea of how that would work?

Hip

so how does ozone therapy work?

There's not much research on it, but see the bottom of this post. According to that research, ozone puts the body under transitory oxidative stress, and this then activates biological mechanisms which provide benefits.

Dr. Perrin told me tank oxygen for an hour a day can help energy levels...any idea of how that would work?

I can't see how it would work, because the hemoglobin in your blood which carries oxygen from your lungs into the body is under normal circumstances almost 100% saturated with oxygen (you can test your oxygen saturation level with a pulse oximeter device that you place on your finger: I have one, and I am always around 97% to 100% saturated).

So breathing pure oxygen is not really going to carry any more oxygen into the body; there isn't any extra carrying capacity in the hemoglobin.

If you have a condition like bronchitis, where the inflamed lungs produce too much mucus that the oxygen in the air cannot penetrate very well, then in these circumstances, breathing pure oxygen does help, and can be life-saving in extreme cases.

Wayne

They're not the same, of course...so how does ozone therapy work?

Hi AquaFit,

Ozone (O3) is unstable, and breaks down relatively quickly to O2 and O1. It's the O1 that has remarkable antipathogenic properties, killing most viruses and bacteria on contact. It's similar to the action of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). It breaks down to H2O (water) and O1--again making it a powerful antiseptic. As opposed to antibiotics, where bacteria can build up a resistance, they have never been able to adapt to O1.

This is all my understanding anyway. Whenever I've heard stories of somebody improving their health significantly from ozone, I've always assumed it's because they're addressing an infection in the body that's been contributing in a major way to their compromised health.

Hip

It breaks down to H2O (water) and O1--again making it a powerful antiseptic. As opposed to antibiotics, where bacteria can build up a resistance, they have never been able to adapt to O1.

Ozone will certainly kill pathogens by its bleaching action when used as a disinfectant. This is why in some countries such as France, they often use ozone instead of chlorine to disinfect the municipal drinking water.

However, if you look at Dr Velio Bocci's book: OZONE. A New Medical Drug (much of this book is readable online on Amazon), or at Bocci's paper, in the mechanisms of action of ozone that he covers, I could not find any reference to direct killing of pathogens; he seems to talk more about immunomodulatory mechanisms of ozone, which then have antiviral or antibacterial effects.

I think Bocci mentions somewhere in that book that the body's own antioxidant defenses will protect pathogens from the direct bleaching action of medically administered ozone.

And in this paper by Bocci, he details this quenching of ozone by the antioxidant defenses:
A Detailed Description of the Action of Ozone on Whole Human Blood

Today there is no doubt that, under appropriate conditions, the blood’s antioxidant system can neutralize ozone.

In order of preference, ozone reacts with abundant PUFA, bound to albumin, antioxidants such as ascorbic and uric acids, thiol compounds with –SH groups such as cysteine, reduced glutathione (GSH) and albumin, particularly rich in –SH groups.

The main reaction:
R-CH=CH-R' + O3 + H2O → R-CH=O + R'-CH=O + H2O2
shows the simultaneous formation of one mole of hydrogen peroxide (included among reactive oxygen species, ROS) and of two moles of LOPs.

So hydrogen peroxide seems to be the main ROS generated when ozone meets the blood. But then Bocci goes on to explain that hydrogen peroxide very rapidly disappears from the blood (half life less than 2 minutes), due to the body's antioxidant defenses:
However, while in saline there is a consistent and prolonged increase, in the ozonated plasma both chemiluminescence and hydrogen peroxide increase immediately but decay very rapidly with a half-life of less than 2 min. suggesting that both antioxidants and traces of enzymes rapidly quench hydrogen peroxide. Its reduction is so fast in ozonated blood that it has been experimentally impossible to measure it.

In that same paper, Bocci also warns about the danger of ozone overdose:
If the ozone is overdosed, carbohydrates, enzymes, DNA and RNA can also be affected and because all of these compounds act as electron donor, they would undergo oxidation and serious damage.
So basically to use ozone safely, you have to employ doses that the body's own antioxidant defenses can cope with. If you go above that dose, then you start getting problems like DNA damage.

But even if ozone did have some mild direct bleaching action pathogens in the body, I don't think such killing pathogens can be the primary mechanism of action in major auto-hemotherapy using ozone, because with this approach, you only treat with ozone 200 ml of blood extracted from the body into a glass vessel, and then re-inject the treated blood back into the body.

So even if you were able to directly kill some of the pathogens in that 200 ml of blood by a direct bleaching action of ozone, but the body has around 5,000 ml of blood, plus all the tissues where pathogens can hide, so direct pathogen killing I would not have thought is the main mechanism of ozone auto-hemotherapy. Major auto-hemotherapy probably works more through an immune modulating effect.

Last edited:

AquaFit

Thanks for all the info and book resource. Hip, that's a brilliant machine you invented, thanks for sharing.

Trying to digest all this. I brush my teeth with hydrogen peroxide. Got the idea from a lecture by Dr. Charles Cantor, "The Oxygen Paradox", available here: http://www.ideacity.ca/video/dr-charles-cantor-the-oxygen-paradox/

Dr. Cantor says 2% of the oxygen we take in through breathing and antioxidants are poisonous to us as we can't process it all well. "Take a deep breath, but not too deep!" Oxidization and antioxidants. And ozone. Hmmm.

Eset Isadore

Khorwitz1: Have your results sustained themselves over the pursuant months? Have you continued to have further ozone autohematology?

I am not well enough to dive deep into the science right now. For me, personally, HBOT in a hospital-grade chamber was very helpful. I had thirty sessions over the course of 2.5 weeks. If I could afford it, I’d continue.

Right now my doctor is again recommending IV Ozone to me.? I’m not thrilled about my blood’s exposure to heparin or to plastics while warm. Nonetheless, I am considering it. I have long had the sense that my cells are needing help breathing - literally!

jaybaugh88

I have been getting IVs of Amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins (including glutathione and methyl b12. It helped me to become more functional. However, my body could not handle any exertion/oxidative stress. My doctor started hematologic Ozone on me. She takes out 200 cc s of my blood, adds Ozone (blood comes back a lighter color). She then gives blood back to me. Takes about 1 hour. By the 4th treatment I began to notice how much better I was feeling. I have now had 9 treatments - I no longer need my wheelchair, I am able to walk 10000 steps in a day, my brain fog is exponentially improved and I feel like every day there is something I can now do, that I was unable to do before. I was, like so many of you are, completely incapacitated. Now I am getting my life back! I think my dream of playing tennis agin may happen!!
Taking 1000 mgmof curcuming and 100mg of acetylene lcarnitine twice a day has helped too! My friends and family are blown away by my progress...as am I! There is hope!
Still getting results from the ozone?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources