HIP's Overview of Dr. Myhill's ATP Work in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Resource HIP's Overview of Dr. Myhill's ATP Work in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

HIP's Overview of Dr. Myhill's ATP Work - Comprehensive overview of pioneering Dr./researchers work in the mitochondria

(As metabolomics studies providing evidence of severe energy depletion and mitochondrial dysfunction in chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) pour out, Hip examines the work of a pioneer in the mitochondrial and ME/CFS field. Thanks for allowing Health Rising to post)

The ME/CFS Energy Metabolism Studies of Dr Sarah Myhill et al

With recent metabolomic studies from...

Read more about this resource...

Hey @Cort, just to quickly point out some typos again, to reduce potential confusion - there's a bunch of "ATM"s that should read "AMP", I believe:
In other words, Dr Myhill is saying that delayed fatigue and presumably post-exertional malaise arise when some of the ADP molecules, which are normally very quickly recycled back to ATP, instead get converted to ATM in a desperate attempt to harvest energy; and because ATM is not easily recycled, this ATM is flushed right out of the body, thereby causing a permanent loss of the ADP molecules that the ATM was derived from.
I saw them in the original too, but haven't managed to pull together all my thoughts to comment on that yet. It's a great post by Hip and I think I had a fair few things to say.

Hip

Well spotted, @ZeroGravitas. Thanks for point that out.

Yes, the four occurrences of "ATM" in that paragraph are wrong, and should read "AMP", as @ZeroGravitas says.

I have corrected it now on the PR forum version.

(I must have been thinking of Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) !!)

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Well spotted, @ZeroGravitas. Thanks for point that out.

Yes, the four occurrences of "ATM" in that paragraph are wrong, and should read "AMP", as @ZeroGravitas says.

I have corrected it now on the PR forum version.

(I must have been thinking of Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) !!)
Ha! ATM on the brain...I will fix it. Thanks Zero!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources