Poll I get colds and flu...

I get colds or the flu...

• Less than once a year

• Once a year

• Twice a year

• More than twice a year

Results are only viewable after voting.

Croatoan

I am just curious because I read some people here say they never get a cold or the flu and i am wondering how frequent people here get colds and flu. This has to do with an idea I have about oxidative stress.

Remy

Administrator
Well, I have my first one in about five years right this very minute. Somebody pass me the Vicks Vapor Rub.

Croatoan

This is really interesting to me. I used to get them at least once a year, if not twice.

But this makes me wonder as well if some with Me do not get colds because they are not in contact with people alot. Hmmm...

Veet

I think I've had flu about 4 times in my life. colds...cannot think of a time, in countless years, long before I was out of circulation.

Empty

This is really interesting to me. I used to get them at least once a year, if not twice.

But this makes me wonder as well if some with Me do not get colds because they are not in contact with people alot. Hmmm...

I had written in my post that it is not to do with contact with people - but took it out as it is so obvious.

ShyestofFlies

Despite only leaving the house once a week or less, I still pick up colds and flus several times a year and always have. Ever have that kid in your grade school classes who was absent over 30 days every school year to the point where they were nearly truent? Yeah, that was me. If I see my cousin's baby, even if she's realtively well? I get sick. Someone coughs within a mile of me at the store? I get that. Anyone in my household knows someone at work who is sick? You guessed it.

Seanko

@Croatoan yes, by having a curtailed working & social life those with ME/CFS do not come into contact with cold & flu viruses to the same degree.

I do get colds & they take a very long time to get over..2 weeks on average

lisaadele

I rarely have a cold/flu as well.

I had a cold about 3 years ago and I remember just feeling great. I felt normal without my usual symptoms and while I was tired I remember that it felt like a normal tired. It was such a good feeling.

I am frequently exposed to colds and viruses through our fall and winter season because I have kids at home. I react with an increase in fatigue and flu-like symptoms when exposed but I don't develop the cold virus symptoms.

Rosie26

I seem to have a pattern where I get all the colds going around in the space of 2 years then I go without a cold for next 2 years.

Rosie26

I think I've had flu about 4 times in my life. colds...cannot think of a time, in countless years, long before I was out of circulation.
I can only count 1 flu and that one had the aching bones with it. I definitely picked it up from someone I knew because they had the aching bones as well a week before I got it. This was the flu that changed everything for me. I became bedridden with severe ME. It very nasty. The person who gave it to me recovered well, my life changed completely.

RuthAnn

I can only count 1 flu and that one had the aching bones with it. I definitely picked it up from someone I knew because they had the aching bones as well a week before I got it. This was the flu that changed everything for me. I became bedridden with severe ME. It very nasty. The person who gave it to me recovered well, my life changed completely.

How long ago was that, Rosie? Have you had any improvement at all?

Rosie26

How long ago was that, Rosie? Have you had any improvement at all?
It was in 2001. I did eventually improve but it was all so painfully slow. I moved on to a more stable moderate level after about 6-7 years and then menopause began and changed things again. I now am moderate but have bouts of severe.

Veet

The most recent flu I had was the one that left me 'chronically fatigued'. This was when I started researching CFS. I never resumed my former levels of energy or activity. Nearly 4 years later I was knocked flat in a heat wave, the true onset of ME.

RuthAnn

It was in 2001. I did eventually improve but it was all so painfully slow. I moved on to a more stable moderate level after about 6-7 years and then menopause began and changed things again. I now am moderate but have bouts of severe.

Rosie, I was just looking at homeopathic manganese and noticed that aching bones is a symptom for needing it.

If you feel like it, take a look at this list of symptoms and see if there's anything else in there that might help indicate if the cold brought on a manganese deficiency.

http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/m/mang-act.htm

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources