Mikovits Still Believes XMRV is It!

Vaporization

Initially concerned, even after due diligence, I now feel better about having switched over to ART last week - after enduring 30+ years of nada relief - from A...Z.

This was being discussed over at PR and one of the concerns that came up was initial inflammation, and possible damage, to the kidneys. Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, is remarkably protective of the kidneys. ;)

Widespread use of herbal drugs because of their protective effects on different organs toxicity has been shown in many studies. These protective effects have been illustrated in the fields of nephrotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, viral hepatitis, cancer, in vitro fertilization, neurotoxicity, depression, lung diseases, prostate diseases etc. Silymarin has cytoprotection activities due to its antioxidant activity and radical scavenging. The possible known mechanisms of action of silymarin protection are blockade and adjustment of cell transporters, p-glycoprotein, estrogenic and nuclear receptors. Moreover, silymarin anti-inflammatory effects through reduction of TNF-α, protective effects on erythrocyte lysis and cisplatin-induced acute nephrotoxicity have been indicated in some studies. Silymarin has also inhibited apoptosis and follicular development in patients undergoing IVF. Basis on such data, silymarin can be served as a novel medication in complementary medicine.

Last edited:

Zapped

This was being discussed over at PR and one of the concerns that came up was initial inflammation, and possible damage, to the kidneys. Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, is remarkably protective of the kidneys. ;)
Right, nice description; it really seems significant! Also, along with N-Acetyl Cystene and L-Glutathione which kind of double up on one anothers’ action, which I don’t readily have the science as to actions? IAE, I just stocked up on these to go with ARVs...:nailbiting:

Not dead yet!

Here’s a current article, I found helpful on clarifying Retroviruses by none other than Judy Mikovits, PhD; with a link to her original work on the XMRV publication:
https://worldmercuryproject.org/news/retroviruses-poorly-understood-agents-of-change/

This gave me a grin: "he reviews of Plague include one from a doctor who said the science was “too complex.”"

Doctors are not biochemists, they are an apprenticeship professional program much like any union profession (plumbers, electricians...), except there is no union I"m aware of, and they must combine academic *training* (note I didn't say academic learning) with the apprenticeship program. It's more akin to teacher training, but even teachers have unions.

My own doctor, having the confidence of more than 50 years of practice, is very clear with me when it is getting "too technical" and he needs to go back to a symptom-remedy system. The function of doctors is of course to provide remedies that are appropriate to the symptoms. That patients have turned to biochem to seek answers just says that the training system is mired in either politics or tradition. However, the doctor who said that is right... doctors aren't researchers, they are encyclopedias of knowledge when it comes to remedy options (the good ones). Even if the training system was perfect, they still would be dispensers of wise health advice and medical remedies for problems, and not researchers.

Wow, just wow....:jawdrop:

While the technology to detect genetic contaminates in vaccines was not available until relatively recently, the dangers of generating new viruses and bacteria that can cause diseases were foreseen by the pioneers of genetic engineering. Horizontal gene transfer (HGT) refers to the direct uptake and incorporation of genetic material from unrelated species, in this instance from adventitious viral contaminants in live viral vaccines, into a human host or a host-related bacterium such as those colonizing the gut.

Sounds like we just figured out how the dinosaurs died out... they developed vaccines. :p I marvel at the hubris of the "get all your vaccines" religion.

Something interesting. Most people my age don't have a smallpox/polio shot scar on their arm. I do. My mom had two scars, as did my dad.

Last edited:

Zapped

This gave me a grin: "he reviews of Plague include one from a doctor who said the science was “too complex.”"

Doctors are not biochemists, they are an apprenticeship professional program much like any union profession (plumbers, electricians...), except there is no union I"m aware of, and they must combine academic *training* (note I didn't say academic learning) with the apprenticeship program. It's more akin to teacher training, but even teachers have unions... .

Sounds like we just figured out how the dinosaurs died out... they developed vaccines. :p I marvel at the hubris of the "get all your vaccines" religion... .

Mikovits is a real patients’ advocate and altruistic, IMO.

Plague’ wasn’t too complex for this non-scientist, probably not for most of us longer term PWCs, and I couldn’t agree more with your observations of doctors as tradespeople...:smug:, which is fine but the ‘sick’ public needs to know how little science clinicians really know, excepting special cases.

XMRV does make sense to me as well; the background story gives me comfort with currently trying ART. Apparently, a lot of others see how politics undermined the research, as ARVs seem to be the hot topic (fallback?) in PWC circles.

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources