My 2 day CPET tests results from 2010 Ithaca College

GG

Been meaning to post this for some time. Just blanked out my name and sensitive info, if I missed something, please let me know.

You should be able to download and print if you want an idea of what results might look like. Page 4 is just references, not much on the page, so if looking to save paper, you can skip this page.

I would be willing to do this test again, wonder what differences would be found, if any? Wonder what the response of my cytokines might look like? Wonder if if my continued exercise has changed my Genetic expression? The Epigenitcs stuff is interesting.

I have only not exercised 1 year when I had a horrible crash in late 2009. Figured my days of working might be numbered, and lost my job in 2013, so have not worked in over 3 years now. I changed alot of things in 2009/10. Was tired of chaning few/one thing only, and not getting any better. My illness started with Mono at age 33, my body nevere bounced back completely.

Found a good sleep med in 2009, trazadone quit working for me, tried Doxepin (did not work), then tried Remeron and had "crazy" vivid dreams. I don't think I had dreamt in years! It was intense to start dreaming again, and waking up feeling a little better, not super lousy like before.

Quit drinking alcohol, caffeine, started mediation and gentle yoga around this time as well. I was as gentle on my body as I could be. Still had a job where I had to work 30 hours a week though. Drive time was 1 hour at least, each way.

I seem to have leveled off, and yes, exercising exacerbates my symptoms. No more runners high from bicycling like my pre-illness state. Wonder when/if the exercise might finally do me into a worse state of health? I have been bicycling since a teen (so 30+ years), that is how I got around as a kid, and took it up later for exercise and lose weight.

GG

Attachments

• Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 1  of  5.jpg
    Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 1 of 5.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 837
  • Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 2  of  5.jpg
    Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 2 of 5.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 447
  • Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 3  of  5.jpg
    Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 3 of 5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 770
  • Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 4  of  5.jpg
    Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 4 of 5.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 542
  • Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 5  of  5.jpg
    Mr G Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 5 of 5.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 417

ShyestofFlies

That is the facility I was hoping to go to if I do one (I am not sure given how ill I have been lately if my docs would even let me at this point- but they don't seem to necessarily "get" how bad it is).

How was your experience with them? Did they treat you compassionately? Did they have places to rest or let you bring someone with you to assist you? Can you tell us anything about what you did to prep for this (meds discontinued, vitamins, resting before the test or doing normal activity, etc.)

I'm unable to make much sense of the results though they seem quite detailed.
I hope they help you figure out more about your condition!
Thank you for sharing!

GG

That is the facility I was hoping to go to if I do one (I am not sure given how ill I have been lately if my docs would even let me at this point- but they don't seem to necessarily "get" how bad it is).

How was your experience with them? Did they treat you compassionately? Did they have places to rest or let you bring someone with you to assist you? Can you tell us anything about what you did to prep for this (meds discontinued, vitamins, resting before the test or doing normal activity, etc.)

I'm unable to make much sense of the results though they seem quite detailed.
I hope they help you figure out more about your condition!
Thank you for sharing!

It was 6 years ago, so not fresh in my memory. I don't recall anything really bad expereince wise, besides the phlebotomist they had trying to take my blood. The whole XMRV thing was happening then, so they had some money to do research. Not sure if they even got any blood out of me? I am not hard to get blood from, not an issue at all for me typically!

Yes, you need to bring someone with you. They do not want you doing anything significant that day and the day after, except for the test. They did not want me/allow me to drive, so you need to have someone with you.

They did have me discontinue some meds in advance, and the report stats what I was taking at the time.

GG

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources