My CFS Recovery

My CFS Recovery

Jocelyn Murray

Jocelyn Murray submitted a new resource:

My CFS Recover - Dr. Teitelbaum's protocol saved me!

I became sick over 25 years ago after I graduated from college and was eventually diagnosed with CFS. I was nearly bedridden for over a year but was then lucky enough to find a Complimentary/Alternative Medicine physician who treated me with intravenous vitamins, put me on a strict diet and helped to get significantly better. I wasn't normal but I was able to work, get married, have two children and live a normal life (minus any exercise or exertion).

Unfortunately, I had a relapse about 7...

Read more about this resource...

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Congratulations Joceyln! Could you say what supplements other than gluthathione (and which form of glutathione you are taking). I may just mimic what you are doing :)

Folk

Nice!
I never believed much in Dr. T., although he book is good.
But you're not the first person I see claiming his methoed worked!
Can you share more details like Cort asked too?

Specially curious about those herbals sleeping stuff :)

Jocelyn Murray

Hi- Early on my protocol was very different than it is today. When I was very ill, I received weekly intravenous vitamin infusions containing 10,000 mg of acsorbic acid, 2000 mg Magnesium Chloride, B-complex, and about 10 other vitamins plus 1500 mg of liquid Glutathione. These infusions gradually made me heal and get stronger.
Today I take a daily scoop of powdered multivitamin (Integrative Therapeutics 'End Fatigue' Daily Engery Infusion), (1) tablet twice a day of L-Glutathione 300 mg (Terry Naturally Clinical Glutathione), 500 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine 1-2 times a day, 500 mg per day Pantothenic acid and 1-2 tsp. powdered Vitamin C each day. I find that an increase in salt and potassium has really helped me too, so I drink this at least once a day:
  • 1 cup filtered or spring water
  • 1/8 teaspoon of Sea Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon of “No Salt” salt substitute (potassium).
  • Add lime juice or an herbal teabag as well as Stevia for taste
In my previous post, I mentioned that I follow a high protein diet. I find that NutriElements WP Protein Supplement (powdered mix) is a great way to add healthy protein to my diet and it makes me feel good too!
For sleep, i use NutriElements Rest and Restore which is an herbal supplement. For discomfort, I take Enzymatic 'End Pain' which is also an herbal supp.
I have the MTHFR gene mutation so I take supplements to help that. I also take thyroid medication.
It's expensive and high maintenance but it has helped me come a long way! As I said, I'm not cured and still need to be vigilant but I hope this and Dr. Teitelbaum's book will help others to get better too.

Cort

Staff member
Hi- Early on my protocol was very different than it is today. When I was very ill, I received weekly intravenous vitamin infusions containing 10,000 mg of acsorbic acid, 2000 mg Magnesium Chloride, B-complex, and about 10 other vitamins plus 1500 mg of liquid Glutathione. These infusions gradually made me heal and get stronger.
Today I take a daily scoop of powdered multivitamin (Integrative Therapeutics 'End Fatigue' Daily Engery Infusion), (1) tablet twice a day of L-Glutathione 300 mg (Terry Naturally Clinical Glutathione), 500 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine 1-2 times a day, 500 mg per day Pantothenic acid and 1-2 tsp. powdered Vitamin C each day. I find that an increase in salt and potassium has really helped me too, so I drink this at least once a day:
  • 1 cup filtered or spring water
  • 1/8 teaspoon of Sea Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon of “No Salt” salt substitute (potassium).
  • Add lime juice or an herbal teabag as well as Stevia for taste
In my previous post, I mentioned that I follow a high protein diet. I find that NutriElements WP Protein Supplement (powdered mix) is a great way to add healthy protein to my diet and it makes me feel good too!
For sleep, i use NutriElements Rest and Restore which is an herbal supplement. For discomfort, I take Enzymatic 'End Pain' which is also an herbal supp.
I have the MTHFR gene mutation so I take supplements to help that. I also take thyroid medication.
It's expensive and high maintenance but it has helped me come a long way! As I said, I'm not cured and still need to be vigilant but I hope this and Dr. Teitelbaum's book will help others to get better too.
Thanks so much for sharing the added details. Congratulations on getting so much better and continued good luck with your health :)

Edie

Thanks so much for sharing the added details. Congratulations on getting so much better and continued good luck with your health :)
Hi Jocelyn Great to meet you on Health Rising! It's the place to be for the most current research, support and pertinent information available for us who suffer from these two difficult illnesses.

I'm on Health Rising everyday, but missed your blog because I had not been scrolling down far enough. I have had FM for over 20 years and spent most of the first 2 years in bed. When my MD did not know how to treat FM after my diagnoses, I began my own research.

I found DR T's first edition of "FROM FATIGUE TO FANTASTIC" in a book store and when I read it, I felt that his program made a lot of sense to me. I knew I couldn't get a lot of that help from my MD, so I sought out a Naturopath Dr. I knew I was with the right doctor when he started treating me with a similar protocol to Dr. T's.

Have you read his more recent book "THE FATIGUE AND FIBROMYALGIA SOLUTION"? DR T and my ND basically saved my life as I already had serious vitamin deficiencies 18 years ago. You can read my story by clicking on Home and searching the title 17 YEARS UNDER THE CARE OF A NATUROPATH DOCTOR PART 1 AND PART 2.

I'm sure that doctor T has helped thousands of ME/CFS & FM sufferers , not only in his practice but with his books and website. Thanks for mentioning GLUTATHIONE, our body's main detoxifier. I saw that TERRY NATURALLY had a clinically effective one and was "sitting on the fence" should I try it or not and does it really work.

After reading your experience with it, I will try it for sure. I'm so happy for you that you've got your life back and thank you for sharing with all of us what has worked for you! \

Sharing your story helps to empower us to search for our own answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cort

Staff member
Sharing your story helps to empower us to search for our own answers.
I agree - I think there are lots of kinds of ME/CFS and FM and therefore lots of different recovery stories and each one might point the way for someone. Thanks to both of you for sharing. :)

Seasprit

Jocelyn, I was doing a forum search for glutathione and appreciated the protocol detail that you provided. I also have the MTHFR gene mutation and was unaware that there were supplements that could help.
Could you also provide that information here? I have told several of my doctors about the really great information and personal experience that is shared on Health Rising. It is a font of knowledge and I appreciate your contribution!

Jocelyn Murray

Jocelyn, I was doing a forum search for glutathione and appreciated the protocol detail that you provided. I also have the MTHFR gene mutation and was unaware that there were supplements that could help.
Could you also provide that information here? I have told several of my doctors about the really great information and personal experience that is shared on Health Rising. It is a font of knowledge and I appreciate your contribution!

Hi- I guess our bodies don't methylate properly so they don't process or release toxins properly. Thankfully supplements and diet can help us! I take the following daily:
(2) Perque DETOX in Guard
(1) Perque Vessel Health Guard
(800 mcg) FolaPro - according to my doctor, nutrients like folate and choline help the methylation process. Also, reduction in chemicals and preservatives in your diet will make a difference too.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources