Pillow recomendations?

ShyestofFlies

My dog had a little unfortunate accident on my favorite pillow this week. Didn't have any tags, so I'm not sure what it was. Some kind of somewhat firm memory foam knock off.

Anyway I'm looking for some replacement options. I know we're all different in our sleep prefs to some degree, but perhaps you have some suggestions or bewares?

Who Me?

How do you sleep? Back, side, stomach? That makes a huge difference.

I'm a stomach sleeper and need a pancake pillow. Those are hard to find.

Empty

I usually sleep on my back and occasionaally to my side!

Link to pillow advisors :

http://www.pillowadvisor.co.uk/

If you sleep on your back it may be a good idea to put a rolled up towel under your knees just to support the natural curve of the spine.

Equally, if on side, especially with m.e. an osteopath told me it is good to put a pillow in between knees. This opens up the spine and supports it and is also good for back problems.

Empty

How do you sleep? Back, side, stomach? That makes a huge difference.

I'm a stomach sleeper and need a pancake pillow. Those are hard to find.

Yes I read stomach sleeping is the worst for making a flat spine and a very soft pillow or no pillow ideally was recommended to support the neck and spine.

This position is supposed to be good for sleep apnea. Everyone an individual though.

Who Me?

I know it's the worst but I can't sleep any other way. I can't even sleep with my face the other direction. I keep my right leg pulled up and bent so my spine doesn't arch.

There is one I saw but it's not normal pillow size so no cases.

Empty

I know it's the worst but I can't sleep any other way. I can't even sleep with my face the other direction. I keep my right leg pulled up and bent so my spine doesn't arch.

There is one I saw but it's not normal pillow size so no cases.

At least you have a way to sleep. Its all that matters. In the link I provided, pillow advisors, I don't like any f those pillows! Except the full body pregnancy one looks good (also for stomach sleepers it says btw).

The foam ones were like bricks to me! Tangled up my neck. I have never really found a good pillow for me. I do often take the covers off pillows as seems to provide more support but then when put through wash - all lumpy.

Veet

I use feather pillow for softness, w/ buckwheat pillow underneath to add firmness. I've recently folded up an old feather doona and stuffed it into a pillowcase. This has made it reasonably dense. And a rolled sheepskin between my knees, or behind knees when lying on back. I've found 2nd hand wool mattress overlay works as well as grounding sheets to lie on. It might also work well folded up into a pillow case.

Who Me?

@Veet. I thought of feather but I think I have a allergy so don't want my face it one.

@Remy. Think those are way too thick for me.

I wish I could find the ones I have so I could replace them. They're quite old.

Pillow shopping is tough.

Empty

Last edited:

Issie

I have EDS and FMS, so real issues with subluxation and pain. The best pillows I've found, and I've tried just about all of them, are Tony Little microbead pillows. I also have allergy issues with MCAS, and these don't bother me.

Issie

ShyestofFlies

I found one other type I am intested in- memory foam that's been shreded and put in a cover. It sounds to me like the ideal pillow for me in theory, but I'm not sure how practical that is in terms of how long it would hold up well

Who Me?

Go to amazon and look Into that. One I think is called My pillow. Reviews are mixed.

The other thing which may or may not be a problem because it's shredded is that memory foam gets hot.

Nobody wants a sweaty face!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources