Rifaximin + Vancomycin. I'm afraid.

Folk

I was prescribed Rifaximin + Vancomycin for my SIBO.

That'll be the second time I take Rifaximin, the last was 2 years ago with Neomycin. Ok so, there were no problems but also not much improvemenet that time. I felt like i was finally getting good improvement in the end of the treatment like the last 2-3 days (i took it for a month) But then i stopped cause it was already long enough and the effects decreased back to normal.

Now I'm suposed to take it again, with no SIBO test since I can't get it on my country but based on symptoms.
And when I took the first time I was kind of desperated, now I'm way better and I fear getting worse or developing some kind of other disease.

Any experiences, knowledge to share?

Remy

Administrator
I wish I had some crystal ball insights for you. I do know how hard it is to decide on treatment when you have some health to lose, though. It makes every decision seem more difficult. Wishing you the best!

Folk

I'm sad this forum is so slow lately, but i'm sure part of it, since when we get a little better we tend to get out hehe
And no way I would go back to PR. So toxic...

But the only thing i can think of is I think I'll stop keto before trying the abx... I just don't think keto did anything for me (around 4-5 months in) and i wouldn't want to change diets in the middle of the abx

Remy

Administrator
I'm sad this forum is so slow lately, but i'm sure part of it, since when we get a little better we tend to get out hehe
And no way I would go back to PR. So toxic...

But the only thing i can think of is I think I'll stop keto before trying the abx... I just don't think keto did anything for me (around 4-5 months in) and i wouldn't want to change diets in the middle of the abx
@Folk, PR has changed hands. I am not trying to drive you away obviously, but many of us are participating there again.

Merida

@Folk
Antibiotics certainly are a mixed bag. Eight years ago I did a 2 week course of Levaquin for diverticulitis. Much fatigue lifted, went on a hike. But the numbing fatigue gradually returned. Now, I have joint pain/ problems on Levaquin. ( always wonder about quality of generics) please report how you feel with this combo of antibiotics.

Do you have any idea why you have SIBO? I know that my ileocecael valve does not close ( observed on colonoscopy) Plus, I have a very slow long, redundant colon that has twists and kinks.

Cort and Remy have been doing a great job here, as well as regular participants. A few of us have gotten enough better to move on in life (?). I can not speak for others, but I have tried so many protocols etc. that I am just worn out.

Blessings, everyone, and special thanks to Cort, Remy, and the thoughtful people who are trying to help understand and solve these mysteries.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources