Severe ME and the Covid Vaccine

Siaz11

I can't find much discussion on here about people's experiences with the Covid vaccines (beyond the poll). I'm wondering if anyone here with severe ME (i.e., bedridden) has had the vaccine? If so, which one and how did you do with it? I'm not looking for pros and cons of getting it, but for actual experiences from those with Severe ME. I do know there's a poll for that as well, but it's hard to determine personal details from a poll. Thank you.

jaminhealth

I hope you get some reply. I've asked this too I believe, and have NOT heard back, my issue is NOT ME but Fibro and OA misery...but I won't get a vaccine. One of the major issues I hear from the vaccines is so much fatigue, and that's the last thing ME people need.

JameDiagonal

Isn't those who have severe conditions are not required to take the Covid vaccines because it may worsen more the condition and bring more damage. As I can remember, there are news regarding this.

GrammaLinda

I am going through the worst crash EVER! A bad winter and now spring is worse. Some days I feel so sick that death would be a step up. No, I am not suicidal. I have had 2 good days the whole month of April. Coincidentally, I had my first Moderna vaccine April 1. Makes one wonder. Thinking back I was better prior to the vaccine. Do not know if it is just me or effects from the vaccine. I have been so tired and not getting good rem sleep.

jaminhealth

Fatigue is like #1 of all the side effects from these vaccines. I have a friend with pretty severe ME and she got 1 or 2 jabs and I'm wondering how she's doing. I don't like to keep asking people how they are doing since the jabs.

Just as a general comment on Fatigue, my friend with ME is working with potassium supplements and it helps her with the fatigue in general. The RDA for potassium is 4700mg+ daily and I don't believe any of us get that amount unless eating plates of avocados... I take extra potassium supplements daily too, and get my labs done to be sure I'm OK, but my labs always come in low end. Low Sodium V8 is high in potassium.

Last edited:

GrammaLinda

Isn't those who have severe conditions are not required to take the Covid vaccines because it may worsen more the condition and bring more damage. As I can remember, there are news regarding this.
Does the news ever mention ME/CFS? I pondered and watched forums and threads before deciding to take the vaccine. Nobody could have "required" me to take it. I am retired and too sick to leave the house most days. I believe it is still a personal choice and no I will not carry a card. It reminds me of jack boots demanding "show me your papers.". And now they are finding that people are still getting it wigh all the variations, some of them very stubborn. which reminds me of the Salk Polio vaccine. People still got polio. They found a different delivery system worked. Oral vaccines that worked from the gut.
I have possibly been suffering this month from the first Moderna shot.

GrammaLinda

I can't find much discussion on here about people's experiences with the Covid vaccines (beyond the poll). I'm wondering if anyone here with severe ME (i.e., bedridden) has had the vaccine? If so, which one and how did you do with it? I'm not looking for pros and cons of getting it, but for actual experiences from those with Severe ME. I do know there's a poll for that as well, but it's hard to determine personal details from a poll. Thank you.
I had moderna first dose March 31. Second dose sched for May 1. I have possibly had the worst crash ever. I have been so exhausted and just plain sick. I had only 2 or 3 good days in April. It just occurred to me this morning that it could be the vaccine. It began a few days after the vaccine.

jaminhealth

The news never mentions anything about any kind of healing outside of the masks, distance, and vaccines. I hear a lot of my info way outside of mainstream news, I learn nothing from them, and don't even have TV anyway anymore. But just know the fatigue is #1 side effect would I BELIEVE not have me do the vaccines if I had ME, but I do no vaccines anyway. Unless tetnus if ever needed.

GrammaLinda

The news never mentions anything about any kind of healing outside of the masks, distance, and vaccines. I hear a lot of my info way outside of mainstream news, I learn nothing from them, and don't even have TV anyway anymore. But just know the fatigue is #1 side effect would I BELIEVE not have me do the vaccines if I had ME, but I do no vaccines anyway. Unless tetnus if ever needed.
When I want to know something I look at WSJ or Reuters. I find I am a lot happier not watching news. I do kind of want to keep up with covid world news and have watched India with interest. But you are right, never anything on healing or therapies.
When to have or not to have question was posed months ago, the general consensus seemed to be the vaccine side effects were better than having Covid. So with that in mind, I got the vaccine.
I do not do any other vaccines and the last time I had tetanus vaccine over 40 yrs ago, I was so sick the docs warned me not to ever have another.
They have been so focused on getting everyone vaccinated (for political reasons I do believe), they haven't looked at treatments.

jaminhealth

"They" continue and from day 1 talk about the deaths from covid and truth be known the rate is very low in the whole scheme of it all. And many have various forms of the covid, from very mild to death...but remember too, comorbidities are #1 for MOST.

The push of fear fear fear has been forced on the people from day 1 and the mass vaccinations and the billions made by pharma is #1 and has been planned for years. I could go on and on but I'll stop I don't trust pharma and govt for a second.

Nothing like Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, Grape Seed Extract for support and immune system and NEVER NEVER heard from them.. No $$$ for pharma.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources