Struggling Toward Ketosis

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
*Try Following or Friend on Facebook 'Stephanie the Business Person' KETOGENIC DIETS all her work is on Ketogenic Diet she now eats daily one full Irish butter...She also has countless Videos on YouTube she travels now

the entire Globe doingSeminars...You can get MCT Oil online Amazon...You also asked me some time ago to Send you things on

(HFI) hereditary fructose intolerance I send numerous links to you on your Facebook Cort Johnson page in messages
Darn it - I have to start checking the Facebook page - I keep forgetting to. Sorry about that!

Learner

Cort,

MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides. Coconut oil has them.

When my doc recommended my keto diet to reduce my brain fog, he suggested starting with using KetoCaNa to kick start it, along with C8 oil, like KetoMCT, MicKeyT, or Brain Octane. Regular MCT has C8, C10, and C8, but the C8 is best at helping us. (I forgot why at the moment...)

I didn't want to count anything, just wanted to try casual keto, and it worked. The strips showed it and they've shown up on 4 lab tests.

I start the day with Bulletproof Coffee and a nut/seed bar, then have a big salad with animal protein, nuts, avocado, and plenty of oil for lunch, and 2 or 3 non starchy vegetables and meat or fish for dinner with oil or cheese. Snacks are full fat yogurt, nut butter and celery, duck eggs with vegenaise, a piece of cheese or dark chocolate. Its pretty maintainable.

I don't obsess, but it seems to work. I don't eat legumes or grains, except for an occasional serving of lentils or brown rice, and I limit potatoes or sweet potatoes to after exercise or big use of energy.

Its helped my brain fog, my blood sugar is steady, and I've lost about 5 lbs over the past 4 months, which wasn't really a big goal.

Seanko

When you are making smoothies, you are breaking down plant fibres & releasing sugars quick into the bloodstream.

If you were to measure your blood sugar with the sort of meter diabetics you may see a spike in blood glucose.

Ketosis will only begin if you use up blood sugar and glycogen stores in the liver.

Seanko

Intermittent fasting is maybe an alternative approach.

Do a search for Valter Longo at USC. He's looked at the effects of intermittent fasting & auto immune diseases such as MS.

Hope this helps.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources