Turning the Corner on the Paleo Diet?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I woke up today with an unusual feeling - I didn't feel like I'd been knocked over the head! Since startiing the paleo diet a couple of weeks ago I've seen small indications of improving health..enough to keep me going for sure. This one was rather dramatic. I usually wake up feeling horrible.

Then I had a peanut better and gluten free bread sandwich - my first in awhile - and everything went to pot; clarity of mind went down, ability to concentrate tanked - it was really something...

I got some ghee by the way - looking forward to trying another source of fat :)

San Diego

I woke up today with an unusual feeling - I didn't feel like I'd been knocked over the head! Since startiing the paleo diet a couple of weeks ago I've seen small indications of improving health..enough to keep me going for sure. This one was rather dramatic. I usually wake up feeling horrible.

Then I had a peanut better and gluten free bread sandwich - my first in awhile - and everything went to pot; clarity of mind went down, ability to concentrate tanked - it was really something...

So happy to hear you’re having some success. Every little bit helps.

The longer I’m on my paleo type diet, the further I get from that cliff. It also makes it much easier to identify triggers, just like with your peanut butter sandwich! Ready to try Barney Almond Butter yet? lol

Unfortunately, I got cocky and slowly started going back to my old ways. I’ve paid dearly. I’m now back to paleo but know it will take some time to get back under control. Lesson learned? I hope so, but I’m a stubborn one. :D

Cort

Staff member
Yes - the strength of that trigger - which I could have never identify before - really floored me.

I wonder if people who do better on the paleo diet can ever go back? I imagine not.

Luckily I, probably like everyone else - really enjoy eating fat! :wacky:

greg hay

how is the diet treating you cort.
i also crash heavy with sugar.
i believe its because it suppresses adrenal function......like glue in our gearbox.
i find paleo very difficult so i also use rice.
gluten is another adrenal gland glue.
strangely i can eat fruit a lot and have zero effect like refined sugar.
bizarre cfs.

Cort

Staff member
how is the diet treating you cort.
i also crash heavy with sugar.
i believe its because it suppresses adrenal function......like glue in our gearbox.
i find paleo very difficult so i also use rice.
gluten is another adrenal gland glue.
strangely i can eat fruit a lot and have zero effect like refined sugar.
bizarre cfs.
Better. I've been able to exercise (walk) more. Feel more stable. Able to concentrate a bit better. I expect the improvements to increase over time. It's slow - but I think its real...I expect it will take at least six months for it to really kick in.

My guess is that anyone who has a problem with sugar will improve. I didn't think I could get off sugar - and it took me about week of on and off spaciness - but now its no problem. I always knew it was hurting me. .

I think fat is the key... Maybe try upping your fat level and see how that goes ?

greg hay

Better. I've been able to exercise (walk) more. Feel more stable. Able to concentrate a bit better. I expect the improvements to increase over time. It's slow - but I think its real...I expect it will take at least six months for it to really kick in.

My guess is that anyone who has a problem with sugar will improve. I didn't think I could get off sugar - and it took me about week of on and off spaciness - but now its no problem. I always knew it was hurting me. .

I think fat is the key... Maybe try upping your fat level and see how that goes ?

thanks
Prehaps the excess fats is creating more hormones through increased cholesterol?

Abrin

Speaking of ghee....it is actually SUPER easy to make your own in case you ever want to try your hand at it. :)

Abrin

I am wondering to!

Giving up sugar seems horrifying to me but I know it is at least time for me to start cutting down on it if I can't stop completely. :(

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources