Vote daily in Aviva contest for National ME FM Action Network

Snookum96

There is an annual contest in Canada for charities with a prize of up to $100,000!

Here are the details on the research and how to vote from the email I received:

The National ME/FM Action Network has entered the Aviva Community Fund contest again this year. With your help, we could win up to $100,000 for research. And we have some very exciting research in mind.

We are teaming up with Dr Patrick McGowan of the University of Toronto. Dr McGowan is already doing research on the epigenetics of ME and has found biological differences between ME patients and controls.

New funding would allow him to look at FM as well. This would give us information on the biological differences between FM patients and controls. It would also give us insights into the similarities and differences between ME and FM, a very important issue. You can read our submission here: https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf32536

We are entered in the community development category – large projects. The 15 submissions in this group that get the most votes will automatically receive $5,000. These 15 submissions will then be reviewed by a panel of judges who will award additional funding. The projects with the most votes have an advantage at the judging stage.

Here is how you can help:
  1. Register at www.avivacommunityfund.org. Fill in the required information and submit it. Aviva will send you an activation email. When the email arrives, click “complete your registration”.
  2. Vote every day between October 6 (tomorrow) and October 23. There is a daily reminder event you can join on facebook” https://www.facebook.com/events/542552745892932/ . Alternately, you can email us and we will email you a daily reminder.
  3. Encourage your family and friends to vote.

JennyJenny

Encourage your family and friends to vote.
I posted in VOAT.

Does someone have a Reddit account? They have a CFS forum and if they allow this to be posted (they have LOTS of rules over there) it can hit the front page and a LOT of people will see it.

Snookum96

In second place so far!

Remember you can vote once every day. If you haven't yet, it's very easy to do, you don't have to be Canadian you just need a valid e-mail address.

Folk

We need to spread it somehow. The first place is pretty much ahead of us. I'm trying some facebook groups but they normally aren't much of a help.
You'd think with the huge community we have we should win that easily... :banghead:

Snookum96

We need to spread it somehow. The first place is pretty much ahead of us. I'm trying some facebook groups but they normally aren't much of a help.
You'd think with the huge community we have we should win that easily... :banghead:

I know I've been trying to find ways to spread it more widely too. I also posted in a few groups and a few people commented that they voted but compared to the size of membership it was barely anything:(
it was posted on PR as well. My family and a few others I know are voting too. Hopefully more people start voting.

Merry

@Folk, I have voted the last two days. The first day I assumed I was registered because I've participated in past years, but I couldn't login. I then created a new account but didn't find the confirmation email until the next morning. So I missed the first day's vote. Will I end up with an extra vote to cast? Is more than one ME/CFS/FM charity running?

Folk

@Folk, I have voted the last two days. The first day I assumed I was registered because I've participated in past years, but I couldn't login. I then created a new account but didn't find the confirmation email until the next morning. So I missed the first day's vote. Will I end up with an extra vote to cast? Is more than one ME/CFS/FM charity running?
I don't think so, It's just one vote per day :S
There must be others probably... we have to find out

Just in case some more:
@TigerLilea @Grace2U @AnneVA @VLynx let's vote? :kiss:

Empty

It is really easy from the second vote onwards. I have to admit I find navigating new sites and registering difficult. If you could try and remind me to do it daily, that would be a good nudge too...

Empty

Ha Ha :) Already beat you to it and completed the second vote. Need reminding in 17 hrs from now ;-)
Its funny because this is why I have missed the mindfulness summit... I am getting no reminders in my email box. I am mindful that I am forgetful.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources