Vote daily in Aviva contest for National ME FM Action Network

May12th

@Folk, I have voted the last two days. The first day I assumed I was registered because I've participated in past years, but I couldn't login. I then created a new account but didn't find the confirmation email until the next morning. So I missed the first day's vote. Will I end up with an extra vote to cast? Is more than one ME/CFS/FM charity running?
You'll have an extra vote at the end. I tried looking for other ME or FM charities and didn't find any.

May12th

Ha Ha :) Already beat you to it and completed the second vote. Need reminding in 17 hrs from now ;-)
Its funny because this is why I have missed the mindfulness summit... I am getting no reminders in my email box. I am mindful that I am forgetful.
If you want a daily email reminder, send an email to office@mefmaction.com. If you're a Facebook user you can join our event. It's listed in a few places in this thread.

Empty

'Sachas park where everyone can play' is winning with over 9,000 votes. We are just over 4,000. We are in the top ten. The first thirty 'ideas' get into the finals. But if we don't get more people in and in the habit of voting daily now, we will lose the finals - if that is a voting system too. So this is a great time to collar more friends/family/email buddies in to voting daily.

I am quite keen on winning this.

May12th

The finals is judged by a panel, so even if we don't get the most votes we could still win. In the finals, the number of votes is worth 15%.
If you're interested, here's the link to the judging criteria.
https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/files/ideasubmissionguide.en.pdf

My family is voting everyday as well as a few friends and I'm working on more. Hopefully people keep voting so we aren't too far behind for the judging!
This is correct we can still win in the judging. Last year the top vote getters didn't win the grand prize.
It's actually the top 5 in each combo of category and budget size. We are currently in 2nd place in our group.

Empty

The finals is judged by a panel, so even if we don't get the most votes we could still win. In the finals, the number of votes is worth 15%.
If you're interested, here's the link to the judging criteria.
https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/files/ideasubmissionguide.en.pdf

My family is voting everyday as well as a few friends and I'm working on more. Hopefully people keep voting so we aren't too far behind for the judging!

Thanks for explaining that. I can't access the guide for some reason but I wondered if it would be a good idea for people to be leaving comments in the comments section of the voting now screen then? perhaps with the debunked pace trial article etc.

If it relies on judges, then they really need to understand in depth to get a feel for just how unique this medical disaster has been for those with ME and their families. Whilst the other ideas are all equally deserving and important, I feel that if the judges truly understood the situation, they would have no hesitation in awarding this the winning prize. I say that without bias.

Lissa

Doh!!!!!! I just found this.... Looks like I missed the entire thing. (Was traveling (egads!!) then I got a bad cold and have been sick for the past month!). Sorry I didn't get to help up the votes. What was the outcome?! Did we "win"?!

Merry

Hello, @Lissa. Sorry to hear that your health has been worse in the past month. Take it easy.

National ME/FM Network came in 2nd (that is, if all the votes are verified legitimate by Avia), so it gets $5000. In the next stage of the contest a panel decides which of the finalists get additional prize money. The top prize is $100,000 I think.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources