Brain Fog is likely mast cell and glial inflammation.

Remy

Administrator
Is Ketas the same thing as Ibudilast?
Ketas and Pinatos are two different brand names of ibudilast. As far as I can tell, and I've bought both, they are exactly the same thing down to the wrapper.

The difference is the price. Ketas is about $90.

I heard a rumor that Pinatos was discontinued but I do not know for sure that it is true.

cherubim

Thanks. What the heck - I just had to track it down and bought the last one. Where is everybody going to buy it now? I emailed Mimaki to find out if they would get it back in stock. I find it hard to believe they'd discontinue it when there are trials going on in the US.

ankaa

Hey Remy, thanks for linking my post! I'm so glad it seems to be helping you so far.

I totally know what you mean about finding a new source for ibudilast. Mimaki is the only source I'm currently aware of but I've been talking to some vendors here in the US and they seem very interested. Hopefully, one of them should be stocking it soon. I'll keep you guys updated!

is ibudilast a supplement or pharma? wouldn't it be rx in the u.s.?

cherubim

It is a pharmaceutical made, I believe in Japan - to control asthma. It won't be available in the US for around 5 more years.

Lostfalco - can you or anyone else please post here when you find a new source? I think it can be bought in bulk on Alibaba - but I'm unsure.

thanks for the response.

ankaa

It is a pharmaceutical made, I believe in Japan - to control asthma. It won't be available in the US for around 5 more years.

Lostfalco - can you or anyone else please post here when you find a new source? I think it can be bought in bulk on Alibaba - but I'm unsure.

thanks for the response.

I wouldn't trust buying it on alibaba.... it doesn't seem safe at all

cherubim

I've never used it - it's a site for wholesalers.

Is there any special reason why you don't trust it?

I hope someone posts a link if they find it for sale anywhere. I haven't heard back from Mimaki.

ankaa

Is there any special reason why you don't trust it?

Alibaba - like China - is the wild west (wild east?)... If you query Ibudilast on their site, + filter for trade assurance (which includes 3rd party testing) only 1 seller comes up... They have had 1 sale recently (see the tabs for sales data)... Is that someone you want to buy a drug from?? Plus, doesn't this stuff get held up in customs? If it's not legal in the u.s., then wouldn't u.s. customs stop entry? I'm guessing that's why mimaki isn't selling it anymore...

cherubim

I don't know anything about that - or what trade assurance is? I don't particularly like purchasing it overseas, but it won't be available in the US for 5 years - and I need it now.

No, it did not get held up in customs. I had no problem getting it from Mimaki. After I learned about ordering overseas on this site, I ordered other things I needed without a problem.

If you search this site - you can find articles on Ibudilast. I am really in need of it if anyone finds it.

ankaa

Looks like a combination of galantamine and an NMDA antagonist like memantine may be even more effective when combined with ibudilast.

This study is on cognition in schizophrenic patients, but I think there is relevance for MECFS too.

is ibudilast safe? how do you know?

Remy

Administrator
Alibaba - like China - is the wild west (wild east?)... Plus, doesn't this stuff get held up in customs? If it's not legal in the u.s., then wouldn't u.s. customs stop entry? I'm guessing that's why mimaki isn't selling it anymore...
Mimaki seems to have stopped selling the cheaper version but the more expensive version is still available.

Historically in the US, customs doesn't get too worked up about non-narcotic meds imported in quantities less than 3 months supply. It is legal to order meds from overseas with a US prescription as well. That is how many of us order ketotifen from Canada.

That said, I wouldn't buy meds from Alibaba myself.

ankaa

Yes, I've tried both Pinatos and Ketas and they seem the same to me down to the foil wrapper. The difference is in the price tag.

I tried 20-40mg a day.

I can't wait to try it... Pricey, but worth it if it works.... My brain fog is BAD today

If it's a microglial inhibitor, does it just help w brain inflammation, or all over inflammation? I'm asking because brain is the control center, so if brain inflammation is down, couldn't those effects matriculate throughout your CNS?

Lostfalco

thanks for the response.
Hey cherubim, great news! Our many requests have been answered and Alex over at irc.bio has been kind enough to begin carrying ibudilast. https://irc.bio/product/ibudilast-solution/

Pinatos seems to be discontinued so this is now our most affordable source. I just received my first order in the mail so I can't vouch for it yet but I just wanted to let everyone know since it's helped a lot of people with inflammation issues.

ankaa

Hey cherubim, great news! Our many requests have been answered and Alex over at irc.bio has been kind enough to begin carrying ibudilast. https://irc.bio/product/ibudilast-solution/

Pinatos seems to be discontinued so this is now our most affordable source. I just received my first order in the mail so I can't vouch for it yet but I just wanted to let everyone know since it's helped a lot of people with inflammation issues.

Great news! Couple of questions:

PRICING / DOSING:
I don't understand the dosing / pricing on IRC's site....

1 = $50
2-4 = $47.50
5-9 = $45

Is "1" equal to one dose? that doesn't seem right...However, they note that it's for lab use, so the measurements may be intended for some lab use rather than personal use.. thanks for explaining..

FORMULATION
Does this come ready to take, or is there any preparation required?

thanks!

Lostfalco

Great news! Couple of questions:

PRICING / DOSING:
I don't understand the dosing / pricing on IRC's site....

1 = $50
2-4 = $47.50
5-9 = $45

Is "1" equal to one dose? that doesn't seem right...However, they note that it's for lab use, so the measurements may be intended for some lab use rather than personal use.. thanks for explaining..

FORMULATION
Does this come ready to take, or is there any preparation required?

thanks!
Hey ankaa, the price is per bottle. It's 600mg per bottle so at 10mg per day that would last for 60 days and at 20mg per day it would last for 30 days.

It comes ready to take. I'm in the middle of another experiment right now and won't be testing it until January. Just wanted to get the word out. =)

ankaa

Hey ankaa, the price is per bottle. It's 600mg per bottle so at 10mg per day that would last for 60 days and at 20mg per day it would last for 30 days.

It comes ready to take. I'm in the middle of another experiment right now and won't be testing it until January. Just wanted to get the word out. =)

thanks - and I'll look forward to hearing about the results of your test.. I won't be able to afford it until the new year anyway.

Remy

Administrator

Am I wrong to wish it wasn't in PEG?

https://www.gutsense.org/gutsense/the-role-of-miralax-laxative-in-autism-dementia-alzheimer.html

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources