Brain Fog is likely mast cell and glial inflammation.

ankaa

@Lostfalco thanks! the pollution in the Bay Area this week has been killing me.... I can barely function when there's a lot of PM in the air... What do you think is the best "brain antioxident" and anti-inflammatory? ibudilast? INI? something else?

I took some of my MCAS "go-to's" like mangosteen, quercetin complex, NAC, sinus rinses, sudafed, tylenol.... no significant changes... still feel stoopid, swollen sinuses/throat and lousy all over.... would love any suggestions that you have to offer... thanks.

Lostfalco

@Lostfalco thanks! the pollution in the Bay Area this week has been killing me.... I can barely function when there's a lot of PM in the air... What do you think is the best "brain antioxident" and anti-inflammatory? ibudilast? INI? something else?

I took some of my MCAS "go-to's" like mangosteen, quercetin complex, NAC, sinus rinses, sudafed, tylenol.... no significant changes... still feel stoopid, swollen sinuses/throat and lousy all over.... would love any suggestions that you have to offer... thanks.
Hey ankaa, I think the best brain anti-inflammatory we currently have is ibudilast.

I would try it on its own first (you can test different doses from 10 to 60mg per day) and if it works well for you then there is no need to add anything else. If it's insufficient by itself then you can definitely look into combining it with other things (INI, LLLT, etc.).

ankaa

Hey cherubim, great news! Our many requests have been answered and Alex over at irc.bio has been kind enough to begin carrying ibudilast. https://irc.bio/product/ibudilast-solution/

Pinatos seems to be discontinued so this is now our most affordable source. I just received my first order in the mail so I can't vouch for it yet but I just wanted to let everyone know since it's helped a lot of people with inflammation issues.

Hey, @Lostfalco - have you tried the IRC ibudilast yet? how is it?

ankaa

It's only been one day!! :hilarious::hilarious:

so what... personally, I have an immediate reaction to drugs/supplements... Does it mean that I know for sure what will work after 2-3 doses? nope, but I weed out a lot over the first few days to a week, and I also have the sense immediately if I'm on to something... There are advantages to being a canary in a coal mine... I/we notice things FAST

ankaa

I have been taking this combination myself for a couple of weeks now.

It's obviously early days, but I'm noticing a big difference. Fingers crossed.

I didn't even really think I had brain fog, to be honest, so this combination may actually help with numerous symptoms caused by over activation of these two systems.

I'm very encouraged.

Are you still taking ibudilast? How's it going?

Remy

Administrator
Are you still taking ibudilast? How's it going?
I switched to pentoxifylline which is a different drug but related. It's a lot cheaper than ibudilast. However, I don't seem to tolerate it as well though it is hard to tell what is going on with spring allergies. My supplement budget was out of control though and ibudilast was a big expense. So no more for now.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources