Ivermectin for Fibro.

Steve

Ivermectin, an anti parasite med hailed as a wonder drug when discovered years ago, is a cheap generic med finally authorized last week by NIH as a first line Covid treatment, after letting a few hundred thousand citizens die for Big Pharma profits. To the point for us, has anyone tried it for fibromyalgia? It has a very low risk profile, is cheap, and readily available. My adult son, recently cured of his second Covid bout with ivermectin, had symptoms scarily similar to both ME and fibro. Ok, maybe they are an end point for a different infectious process. But maybe not...virus/bacteria/etc. as a cause of our disorders has been up for grabs for decades. I have some apple flavored ivermectin horse parasite paste, oddly FDA approved, but am saving it for Covid as I’m not getting the vaccine, a Phase III test of 100 million people IMO. I’m trying to get a doc to prescribe me tablets instead of waiting for sketchy overseas stuff for months. I’d be interested in any thoughts or experiences with this med for us.

jaminhealth

Beneficial for Fibro? I believe Fibro is not parasitic, more muscle issues. Maybe it could help ME/CFS but who knows...

In all the years of the Fibro dx I've gotten I've read so much about the thyroid fibro connection, if thyroid is not optimal fibro will hit us more. Many take the wrong thyroid med or the wrong dose and are not getting optimal support.

I deal with more OA than Fibro, but it's all mixed in.

Steve

Fibro is more HPT issues causing central sensitization and problems with nociceptive pain as I read it. But what causes the HPT issues...virus, bacteria, ? Ivermectin won’t kill anyone, worth a few days trial for me for fibro if I can obtain without waiting for India shipment.

jaminhealth

Well, I'm told if one gets in touch with AmericasFrontLine doctors site, you can get help with the drugs you way want to try.

Do some searching around here and maybe something will come to you.

Steve

Thanks. I have someone working on it but I’ll keep them in mind. After 30 years I’m afraid I’ve gone down dozens of rabbit holes.

Pike

There is one small study that showed Covid Long Haulers greatly benefitted from Ivermectin use. It has crossed my mind : would Ivermectin help with my ME? After all it developed after a bout of Swine Flu.
I would be fascinated to hear if your fibro improves after taking Ivermectin.

A summary from this small study is below. It surely warrants much bigger studies to assess the efficacy of Ivermectin for Long Haulers:

POST-ACUTE OR PROLONGED COVID-19: TREATMENT WITH IVERMECTIN FOR PATIENTS WITH PERSISTENT, OR POST-ACUTE SYMPTOMS Aguirre-Chang, Gustavo; Castillo Saavedra, Eduardo; Yui Cerna, Manuel; Trujillo Figueredo, Aurora; Córdova Masías, José. Reseach Gate. July 11, 2020. English translation copy edited by Madeline Oh SUMMARY INTRODUCTION: It is estimated that between 10 to 45% of people who become ill with COVID-19 will present with symptoms after the acute stage of the disease. These symptoms will persist for weeks, developing what is called Persistent or Post-Acute Symptoms of COVID- 19. There is no consensus, nor has there been a publication on specific and effective treatment for these cases. Knowledge is quite lacking as to its etiopathogenesis. MATERIAL AND METHODS: 33 patients with Persistent or Post-Acute Symptoms of COVID-19, who were between weeks 4 and 12 from the onset of symptoms were enrolled in the present study. Patients whose main symptoms were musculoskeletal such as fatigue due to muscle weakness, diminished muscle strength and myalgia (muscle pain) were excluded. The following protocol was followed: in cases with mild symptoms, Ivermectin was administered at a dose of 0.2 mg per kilogram of body weight per day for 2 days. If patients still had symptoms after the 2 doses, 2 additional days of Ivermectin treatment were given at the same dose. For cases with moderate symptoms, a dose of 0.4 mg per kilogram of body weight was prescribed for 2 days, followed by 0.2 mg per kilogram of body weight for 2 additional days. If a patient continued to have symptoms after the fourth day of treatment, more doses of Ivermectin were indicated. Treatment then continued for additional days until either clinical improvement was observed, or there was no longer further clinical improvement with treatment. RESULTS: 33 adult patients with Persistent or Post-Acute Symptoms of COVID-19 were treated with Ivermectin. In 94% of the 33 patients, clinical improvement to some degree (partial or total) was observed after 2 doses of Ivermectin. Total improvement (without any symptoms) was observed in 87.9% of the patients after the 2 daily doses of Ivermectin. In 12.1% of patients whose symptoms had not been completely resolved after the first 2 doses, additional doses of Ivermectin treatment were administered according to the protocol, and total clinical resolution of symptoms was observed in 94% of cases. CONCLUSION: The result of the present study demonstrates that clinical improvement is observed in high percentage of patients with Persistent or Post-Acute Symptoms of COVID-19 who are treated with Ivermectin. Given the high number of patients with Persistent Symptoms and a favorable clinical response seen after receiving this specific treatment, we recommend that additional clinical studies be carried out on the use of Ivermectin and other drugs to reduce and eliminate the viral load in these cases

Steve

I have Ivermectin on the way and will do a trial for a few days for fibro pain. It seems possible to me that covid affects the same HPT axis and messes up the cytokine response the same way as ME and FM. I have the Ivermectin horse paste which is being used everywhere for covid prophylaxis and treatment but...jeez, if I can try pills, why not. I got the paste before I knew could get pills, incidentally, from my son, an immune compromised guy who barely got over first covid illness, was on the way to becoming a long hauler with continuing symptoms, got covid a second time in
Brazil, got his doc to try Ivermectin. One day later...90% better. Went on five day protocol. Doctor was impressed and gave it to four other covid patients, each got better the next day. Looks like our so-called leaders in government and medicine have let thousands of their fellow citizens die for Big Pharma. I will definitely report back results.

jaminhealth

Steve, hope your pills are for Human consumption. It's being sold at Amazon pharmacy if a prime customer, and price is sky high. Where did you get yours if you don't mind saying.

And around here I'm hearing docs are not prescribing it, they are being brainwashed as usual for the vaccines, which I will not take, that is certain.

Steve

My son’s doctor gave him a scrip and he filled it a local pharmacy and is sending me some. All of the pharmacies in his area of FL are now out;people aren’t dumb. I have virtual yearly appt. with my pcp next week and will ask him for a scrip to see what he says, probably no. My Durvet Ivermectin horse paste, from Amazon, a good investment LOL as it is now more expensive, is FDA approved! I wouldn’t hesitate to use it. I personally know half a dozen people using it, only need small amounts based on weight. Easy to dose. They put it on crackers.

Now the CNN talking heads are saying new variants will only be partially attenuated and less if they run out of doses and give second doses to new people. Not only is this a scam that is costing lives, it’s a poorly run scam. We’ll never know who, how, and why this appeared but since China is the only economy doing great now...my math in school always said two plus two = 4. Or as the Romans said cui bono? I think everyone should hit the pet stores and get the paste if they can’t get pills just in case the bozos running the vaccine fall way behind, if the vaccine is the route they are going to take. Looked liked some ME or FM were damaged by the vaccine.

At the FL ER all they could do as they watched my son the first day as his cardiac rate went down to 30 was give a steroid shot and a lot of diagnostic stuff looking at heart, lungs, brain, etc. I suspect brain would really need what we need, f(mri). I’ve been trying to get a scrip for that for years, would even pay, but no one will do it. I’d like to see where I assume my brain has been damaged by fibro. Jared Younger uses it for his research. I didn’t know about son’s infection until several days later or I would have couriered down horse paste.

Steve

Hi folks,

I decided to keep my Ivermectin tablets for emergency and used the horse paste for a trial of it for my decades long severe fibro pain. I took .7 ml for six days, actually one day more than the recommended curative dosage for Covid. It does not taste good. Unfortunately, it had no effect on my severe fibro pain. Would it help for ME symptoms, somewhat overlapping but different from fibro? If you can get a tube of paste from a local agricultural supply, pet, or tractor place, it's probably worth a try. It's a very safe med used millions of times in Africa for awful parasite infections. Also would be good emergency or prophylactic for Covid at much less frequent dosing.

This is pretty disappointing but as I read that Ivermectin does not cross the blood brain barrier it seemed less likely that it would help fibro, according to the fibro pathology to which I subscribe essentially, brain damage.

That is bad news as I have no more pain treatments to try. A month ago I saw my fifth pain management guy, very competent dude who went to the same school I did. He was up on fibro supplement treatments, suggesting the ones I had already taken. His final report said, unfortunately, just monitor my BP, no fibro recos. That's where we are.

I have two crowd sourced what I call several brain zappers arriving in several months. One helps you oxygenate your prefrontal lobe with targeted biofeedback, probably useless for fibro but a drowning man grabs at anything. The other is more interesting, helping you achieve lucid dreaming and probably control the brain wave state you are in easier than with other devices. Maybe I can learn how to wander around in an alpha state. I find my mood has become pretty bad as the number of potential treatments has pretty much vanished. Hope for an untried supplement or gadget has kept me going for the last 30 years but it's become a lot harder. The pain is always increasing and ever present. The light at then end of the tunnel is probably an incinerator and ash container when you work up the nerve.

jaminhealth

I don't have any Ivermectin but would not take it for pain. I have my stuff to manage it all and I'm probably never out of some pain while awake, sleep is good as no pain. Have you ever worked with MSM and I've taking it for years, twice a day in water, 1 large tsp each time...I take other stuff too. But not the Ivermectin for pain. Good luck.

Pike

The FLCCC has just had a new paper published on Ivermectin in The American Journal of Theraputics. It was peer reviewed by several senior NIH scientists.
Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19
American Journal of Therapeutics: May Jun 2021 - Volume 28 - Issue 3 - p e299-e318
doi: 10.1097/MJT.0000000000001377

JameDiagonal

In some countries, they are using Ivemectin even without FDA's approval. Doctors just have to apply for the application of the medicine to their patients.

jaminhealth

Reading up on Wormwood tincture and reading results with Fibro from people working with Wormwood Tincture .. Do research.

I don't know if I have any parasites but could have a low load... I may work with some wormwood for pain.

Good chance we all some amount of parasites in our bodies.

Last edited:

Jon A

Ivermectin, an anti parasite med hailed as a wonder drug when discovered years ago, is a cheap generic med finally authorized last week by NIH as a first line Covid treatment, after letting a few hundred thousand citizens die for Big Pharma profits. To the point for us, has anyone tried it for fibromyalgia? It has a very low risk profile, is cheap, and readily available. My adult son, recently cured of his second Covid bout with ivermectin, had symptoms scarily similar to both ME and fibro. Ok, maybe they are an end point for a different infectious process. But maybe not...virus/bacteria/etc. as a cause of our disorders has been up for grabs for decades. I have some apple flavored ivermectin horse parasite paste, oddly FDA approved, but am saving it for Covid as I’m not getting the vaccine, a Phase III test of 100 million people IMO. I’m trying to get a doc to prescribe me tablets instead of waiting for sketchy overseas stuff for months. I’d be interested in any thoughts or experiences with this med for us.
I started taking IVM in July as a Covid preventive.So far so good but to my surprise after a couple of months I began feeling better in general.More energy and less recovery time..Nothing dramatic but definitely noticeable. My vit D levels were very good at the time I started and had been for months but I noticed nothing.so I think it's the IVM. If it has known antiviral properties and if it can knock out Covid maybe Ebv or Hhv6 too?

Not dead yet!

I"ve been told by two doctors now that I have Fibro. I'm starting to believe it, but still skeptical. My issues can be explained in other ways.

I have tried ivermectin when I went on a "parasite purge" many years ago. I found the right dose based on my weight on pubmed, the dose used for filiaria in developing nations. And I looked up side effects. I did have the side effect. If the side effect happens, it's painful joint stiffness. When it's given to dogs (it's a heartworm med now) older dogs can get "slow" on the days after. Now I know why.

I'm not a huge fan of it because first of all, you'd have to measure and remeasure to be sure the dose is right. If you're not having it prescribed. Which means, since most docs and pharmacists are unfamiliar, they can make a mistake just as easily as any math competent person. And even at a correct dose, it's a really uncomfortable side effect.

Its popularity for covid must be due to people not realizing how much it hurts to take it. It's one thing to be living in a developing country and want to be rid of filiaria. It's another to consider it for modern diseases where better treatments exist.

Granted, there aren't a lot of good treatments for FM, and it's already a painful disease. So I can see why someone would think of trying it. I'm just letting you know the side effect may be just as bad as the illness. So if you don't get a big benefit out of it, then don't keep it up.

jaminhealth

I was told I have Fibro back in 1999, but always questioned that. Arthritis in my body is the major issue, I believe. I've not taken IVM and hesitate to put any new drugs in my body. I truly believe a hip replacement in 2010 pushed my body to more damage, I live with it going on 11 yrs from that surgery.

But whatever works for others.

buckey

I've taken iver, still do. I got sick way back in 1981.whatever made me sick in 1981,it never left me.after the flu like illness I developed an ulcer in my stomach, 2 weeks later.
they knew nothing about H.pylori back then.my symptoms of brain fog, jaw pain ,gum irritation, tingling arms,fingers etc. Continued for yrs.,all the while seeing dozens of medical "professionals"(haha).
Then in 1993 I began to have even stranger symptoms, not finding my way home, severe confussion,terrible bad breathe,muscle aches, profound fatigue,chemical hypersensativities to the point where I would react to paint on walls that had been there for decades but reacted like it was freshly painted.YES, I slept in a tent as everytime I would enter my home, I would break out in a rash from head to toe and could feel my health spiral down within seconds of entering my home. I've moved 5 times since.Just when I thought it couldn't get worse ..it did. I could feel explosions going off inside my body.i hung on for the ride...and what a ride it was.they call this the cytokine storm.i was very near death I know I was. It took decades for this storm to receed.honestly, there are times when, if I get near a chemical, I still feel the reaction try to start up again.
Anyway, I heard about ivermectin, called my naturopath and asked if it's something I should try...he asked ..." am I being recorded"...which shocked me.he then proceeded to tell me a lady given 6 months to live,stage 4 cancer,cured her cancer in 4 months with ivermectin.
I had nothing to loose...I took 5 doses.i became itchy all over but realized my brain fog got a degree better. The iver instructions state " if your horse becomes itchy, it means your horse has a severe case of filariasis. I have taken iver after this "die off" and don't get itchy whatsoever.ive come to the conclusion I have or had some type of parasitic infection.i had huge lumps of my lymphatic system which ard now less and less.im doing the lymph massaging Perrin technique.i continue to take iver both as a covid pro and in hopes of killing the rest of this infection which I believe became bloodborne re: arthritis. Not sure I will ever be normal.i believe the tetracycline I took just prior to 1981 wiped out all of my good bacteria and opened the door for an infection(s).I was on tetracycline for 1.5 yrs straight for acne which never did take my acne away...listen to the God doctors back then, right.what took my acne away was taking my shirt off and laying in the sun for 2 weeks.i had severe acne on my upper back.THIS RUINED MY LIFE FOR 35 YRS!!!!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources