Julie Rehmeyer writes about PACE in Slate

Merry

Great article. Comprehensive. Straightforward.

I notice, however, that the caption on the first photo, one of Jennifer Brea writing at a white board (with an explanation that she's making a documentary), describes her condition as severe, and then the caption of the third photo, this of the bedbound, emaciated Whitney Dafoe, says his CFS is severe. Calling both "severe" will be a problem for readers unfamiliar with the illness or with a bias against patients. Jen Brea recently described her condition (in a Facebook post?) as moderate.

Last edited:

Tina

@Merry , thank you for posting this. After reading about Natash in the U.K. I was a bit frustrated (from Cort's post this morning). That is what I love about this site; the only place I can go where people understand what is going on.

Tina

Music to my ears..

Just a year ago, both the public criticism of the PACE trial and the moves by the NIH were nearly unimaginable. But to me, these events feel like the fruits of change that’s been cultivated over years

Merry

Yahoo News has picked up the story.

Now I've googled and see that other websites have links to the story. I'm not familiar with the websites so can't say if they are news aggregators or what.

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Music to my ears..

Just a year ago, both the public criticism of the PACE trial and the moves by the NIH were nearly unimaginable. But to me, these events feel like the fruits of change that’s been cultivated over years
Nothing but encouraging press for us at least on this side of Atlantic.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources