Low back pain

ponypanic

Hi
My story
3 months ago I was working full time, attending hot yoga and spinning once a week and generally active and motivated ..
Then I developed a Temperature and felt unwell, I thought urine infection and passed blood, doctors thought renal colic and sent me to a&e , once there they thought not and all that showed on their blood tests was a low white cell count and said was probably a virus! A week later I saw my doctor who thought UTI, urine sample then grew acinitophen bunaamii ( sp) multi drug resistant bacteria, luckily sensitive to ciprofloxacin and I completed a course. symptoms did not improve ! 6-7 urine samples have come back negative for infection!
symptoms - shortness of breath on exertion, flu like symptoms, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, lack of motivation, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, brain fog , weakness in legs especially when walking down stairs, trembling on legs when standing for more than 5 mins, but the worse is the lower back pain !
the back pain is worse when I have exercised, and by exercise I mean a short walk,walking up stairs! Or lying down!
I was wondering tethered spine, but don’t have most of the symptoms that go with it and more symptoms linked to CFS/ME!
I have looks through most of the symptom forums and couldn’t see this as a symptom?
do you have it ?
I have been off work for 3 months now and consultant as said likely CFS/ME as tests are all normal !
I really don’t know what to expect and don’t know who to talk to about all this
Thankyou Dianne

Remy

Administrator
I wonder if the back pain came on with the cipro? There are many people who have had adverse effects like you describe from that class of abx. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3981197/

If that sounds familiar, there is a group on FB called Understanding Mitochondrial Nutrients. There are a lot of people there dealing with that issue.

Welcome!

ponypanic

Thankyou for reply, I should have said the back pain came on with the urine infection/ when this all started and I thought it was just the urine infection to start with, but it’s not really gone just comes and goes.

jaminhealth

OP:
Did you take a course of Cipro? That class of drug can do so much damage. Personal experiences in my life. I won't touch it. Or others in that class...

ponypanic

Yes it was the only drug the bacteria was sensitive too, but I had the back pain before I had the ciprofloxacin. It’s like a tearing/ ripping pain but comes and goes??

jaminhealth

Well, my belief is that the Cipro did NOT help things. There are many other abx drugs that can do the job, Cipro etc has a huge history of continuing damages.

ponypanic

It was the only antibiotic that the bacteria I had was sensitive too unfortunately, there were about 12 antibiotics that the bacteria was resistant too and I had no idea that ciprofloxacin can cause such problems :(

jaminhealth

I'd be safe in saying MOST don't the damage from the Cipro class of abx drugs. People wonder why they are having issues and too often don't go to the abx drug they are taking.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

New Threads

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources