Psoriasis?

Who Me?

Yes. I'm getting an antigen from Dr Vincent this week for it to see if it helps. He is also working on another one he hopes to have done this year.

I am unable to use any of the current treatments because my immune system is a mess and docs won't touch me.

Wayne

Does anyone here have psoriasis?

Hi Croatoan,

I've had a few major psoriasis outbreaks throughout my life, and occasional small outbreaks in between the major ones. Blood cleansing teas were very helpful in clearing them up (most effective was Jason Winters Herbal Tea).

Recently, while doing fairly extensive research on iodine, I've been running across a number of testimonials of iodine supplementation clearing up psoriasis. I just did a quick search, and found this on Curezone:

Psoriasis Cured Story

There are lots of other stories out there besides this one. The good news is that if your psoriasis responds favorably to iodine supplementation, your body will likely respond favorably in a thousand and one other ways, as iodine is critical to so many functions in the body.

Best, Wayne

Last edited:

Who Me?

Hi Croatoan,

I've had a few major psoriasis outbreaks throughout my life, and occasional small outbreaks in between the major ones. Blood cleansing teas were very helpful in clearing them up (most effective was Jason Winters Herbal Tea).

Recently, while doing fairly extensive research on iodine, I've been running across a number of testimonials of iodine supplementation clearing up psoriasis. I just did a quick search, and found this on Curezone:

Psoriasis Cured Story

There are lots of other stories out there besides this one. The good news is that if your psoriasis responds favorably to iodine supplementation, your body will likely respond favorably in a thousand and one other ways, as iodine is critical to so many functions in the body.

Best, Wayne

When I was talking to Dr. Vincent he said some forms of psoriasis were from strep. I think it was strep, don't quote me. Something you don't normally link to it. He said it can have a genetic component (my dad was covered) but many times it is not.

Don't ask for more specifics about what he said, just that he has antigens (I can get the combo later)

Croatoan

Well I am talking to someone now who I have their genetics for, and I have another persons genetics who has psoriasis as well.

To me it is looking like a functional Biotin deficiency might be the cause. This changes the fatty acid profile and therefor effects neurotransmitter receptor and transporter function.

They are starting on high dose Biotin to see if it works. I will keep you posted. We should see changes in a few days if it is the cause.

I note this anecdotal story:
https://www.psoriasis-association.o...ments-regime-cleared-my-skin-of-all-psoriasis
http://www.majlath.com/health-and-fitness/how-i-got-rid-of-my-psoriasis/comment-page-1/#comment-403

Note the person was taking 5000mcg. I take 10000mcg to cure my Seb Derm/Scalp Psoriasis. I think when most people try Biotin they start at much too low a dose.

I feel in combination with the Biotin, a higher Omega 3/Omega 6 ratio would be best; like 3:1

Croatoan

Hi Croatoan,

Psoriasis Cured Story

Best, Wayne

To say that person used iodine to cure psoriasis is misleading. Note thy changed diet (higher omega 3, which I think really helped). And this persons got worse: http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2099628#i

Iodine is made from iodide in the body by H2O2 and the TPO enzyme and its cofactor, calcium. Not enough H2O2 and/or calcium and you will have low iodine.
http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P07202

RuthAnn

I don't have psoriasis, but I have had a couple of types of skin problems over the years. The one I have right now is flaking of skin on my face. It gets the worst on the upper eyelid and spreads up to my eyebrows.

Do anyone with psoriasis also have arthritic complaints? I had read in a book about uric acid that psoriasis can accompany arthritic complaints.

I have tried potassium iodide in the past, and while it helped for a while, it had a big backlash. Something mentioned in the book that I read about uric acid might explain why potassium iodide helps, it clears uric acid from the blood stream. But it causes precipitation of it in other places. I don't know if it clears other things temporarily from the blood stream or not.

Croatoan

I don't have psoriasis, but I have had a couple of types of skin problems over the years. The one I have right now is flaking of skin on my face. It gets the worst on the upper eyelid and spreads up to my eyebrows.

Do anyone with psoriasis also have arthritic complaints? I had read in a book about uric acid that psoriasis can accompany arthritic complaints.

I have tried potassium iodide in the past, and while it helped for a while, it had a big backlash. Something mentioned in the book that I read about uric acid might explain why potassium iodide helps, it clears uric acid from the blood stream. But it causes precipitation of it in other places. I don't know if it clears other things temporarily from the blood stream or not.

RuthAnn, would you mind listing all the things you are taking right now? What you have on your face is like what I used to get as well. High dose Biotin, I feel will clear that right up. I take 5000mcg 2x a day, sometime 3x.

Wayne

There are lots of other stories out there besides this one.

PSORIASIS HOME TREATMENT @ Iodine-Resource.com

Testimonials

One individual wrote in the chat board for the psoriasis organization about his experience with iodine. He had chronic psoriasis on his elbows, upper arms, and lower legs for more than twenty years. He was embarassed to go to public swimming pools because his skin was so unsightly.

He started applying tincture of iodine and found that his condition was basically nonexistent in ten days. He applied the tincture several times a day for 4 to 5 days until the thickened scabs peeled off showing healthy skin below. The delicate, new skin took time to recover.

If you chose to use this treatment, it is important to let the skin peel by itself naturally. He found that a long, warm bath helped with the peeling process which softened the thick scabs and allowed them to release naturally. Repeated treatment may be needed for tougher areas.

Psoriasis_plaque_closeup.jpg

This individual gladly reported that the condition disappeared.
He reported that Povidone solution is not effective. The classic tincture worked the best.​

Last edited:

RuthAnn

Testimonials

One individual wrote in the chat board for the psoriasis organization about his experience with iodine. He had chronic psoriasis on his elbows, upper arms, and lower legs for more than twenty years. He was embarassed to go to public swimming pools because his skin was so unsightly.

He started applying tincture of iodine and found that his condition was basically nonexistent in ten days. He applied the tincture several times a day for 4 to 5 days until the thickened scabs peeled off showing healthy skin below. The delicate, new skin took time to recover.

If you chose to use this treatment, it is important to let the skin peel by itself naturally. He found that a long, warm bath helped with the peeling process which softened the thick scabs and allowed them to release naturally. Repeated treatment may be needed for tougher areas.

He reported that Povidone solution is not effective. The classic tincture worked the best.​
Oh, I see, you meant topical. I see at that site it mentions not to let the iodine on the new skin. This makes me think that the potassium iodide burns the psoriasis off. I didn't come to that conclusion by myself, I was telling a neighbor more intelligent than me about Simoncini's cancer protocol of sodium bicarbonate and potassium iodide, and she said, I see, you burn it out.

Croatoan

Testimonials

Oh, yes, there is a huge difference between treating the skin form the outside and correcting metabolic disturbances from the inside. Iodine is an antiseptic so, yes, it will kill fungal and bacterial infections. I thought they were taking it orally.

Pine tar shampoo stops my seb derm mostly, but biotin ends it completely and lowers my cholesterol as well.

RuthAnn

RuthAnn, would you mind listing all the things you are taking right now? What you have on your face is like what I used to get as well. High dose Biotin, I feel will clear that right up. I take 5000mcg 2x a day, sometime 3x.

I am not consistent with very many things but I will try to list what I am taking and the frequency.
B2 or FMN 25-75mg almost every day for a couple of years
B5 500mg most days
B6 50mg once or twice a week
1g taurine ~ 4 times a week
1g beta alanine ~ 4 times a week
reishi `~2 gms a day am working up to 3
sometimes chaga, 1/4 tsp extract
I can't think of anything else, except that I take MegaFood zinc when something cuts on my skin aren't healing
occassional retinol palmitate, which I took consistently for over a year
I took choline bitartrate for a couple of years with good success, not too often lately

Drank tulsi tea for a little over a week
Drank licorice root tea for a little of a week most recently

Everything got much worse after eating a high fat medium protein low carb for about 6 weeks starting last December into early January. That's when the area over my eyes became very swollen and the skin peeling again. I can't eat eggs or potatoes now without that getting really bad, and as I said earlier, it's back again this morning. When I eat potatoes my whole face has white flaking skin all over it! I'm not sure if white rice was causing that, too, I just quit it last week and am back to eating white unbleached unbromated flour for carbs. Dairy for protein. Yesterday started adding in some salads, don't know if that will bother me, so far so good.

Thank you

Croatoan

I am not consistent with very many things but I will try to list what I am taking and the frequency.
B2 or FMN 25-75mg almost every day for a couple of years
B5 500mg most days
B6 50mg once or twice a week
1g taurine ~ 4 times a week
1g beta alanine ~ 4 times a week
reishi `~2 gms a day am working up to 3
sometimes chaga, 1/4 tsp extract
I can't think of anything else, except that I take MegaFood zinc when something cuts on my skin aren't healing
occassional retinol palmitate, which I took consistently for over a year
I took choline bitartrate for a couple of years with good success, not too often lately

Drank tulsi tea for a little over a week
Drank licorice root tea for a little of a week most recently

Everything got much worse after eating a high fat medium protein low carb for about 6 weeks starting last December into early January. That's when the area over my eyes became very swollen and the skin peeling again. I can't eat eggs or potatoes now without that getting really bad, and as I said earlier, it's back again this morning. When I eat potatoes my whole face has white flaking skin all over it! I'm not sure if white rice was causing that, too, I just quit it last week and am back to eating white unbleached unbromated flour for carbs. Dairy for protein. Yesterday started adding in some salads, don't know if that will bother me, so far so good.

Thank you

Yes, the high fat. with the potatoes, were they plain or did they have a fat on them?

Before I go on, did you take the B6 and or the B5 yesterday?

RuthAnn

Yes, the high fat. with the potatoes, were they plain or did they have a fat on them?

Before I go on, did you take the B6 and or the B5 yesterday?
I put a lot of of butter on the potatoes. Is butter bad? I didn't read the lipid article yet.

Okay, I see potatoes are a good source of b6, I'll try them without butter.

I took both B5 and B6 yesterday. No potatoes or eggs, yes butter.

Last edited:

RuthAnn

I see that flaking skin is a deficiency of B6! I am also very easily getting pain in the kidney area but it's not constant and I should try to figure out what's causing it. It happened after eating some pretzles and butter this afternoon. Could be the salt or the butter.

In addition, after looking up B6 deficiency symptoms, when I eat meat and not dairy, even if I take B2 I get cracks at the corners of my mouth. So then I stop eating meat and eat dairy, and I get other symptoms because I don't take enough B6, dairy doesn't provide enough B6.

Also, I am waking up nauseous and with a headache again lately, just noticed a spot of inflammation on my gums, tongue slightly sore, all B6 deficiency symptoms. Yikes.

But right now, I have a slight sore throat and my whole face is flaky. I took 1 B6 today and two doses of biotin. I don't know how many mcg per dose because you have to measure out a very very small amount, so small that you have to weigh it and the scale that I bought was broken and I returned it.

What to do?
I don't know about B5, though.

Last edited:

ShyestofFlies

I was diagnosed with psoariais as a child, but my dermatologist now (10-12 years later) says I show no signs of it, just seborrheic dermatitis. My dermatologist was very interested in doing a skin biopsyto confirm but never was able to because she needs an untampered with skin sore... Which is not possible for me due to my dermatillomania. :bag:

Steve

I have had FM for 30 years, has been my only problem, just diagnosed with patches of psoriasis this week, maybe ten scattered over body, kind of shocked me. Another immune disorder I guess. M.D. Prescribed steroid cream, maybe decreases itching a bit.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources