Searching for a doctor to treat FM/CFS

Discussion in 'General' started by Chloe18, Sep 4, 2018.

  1. Chloe18

    Chloe18 New Member

    Hi All,

    I am still searching for a doctor to treat me for FM/CFS. I've seen 17 doctors (internal medicine, neurologists, rheumatologist, pain management, rehabilitation medicine, all to no avail.

    I am yet again searching for another doctor. I wrote a similar thread like this back in January and received a couple of links that are now not active. I am wondering if anyone has any new links or can give me advice on a new doctor that is in the US, Mid Atlantic area. I am willing to travel within the US if I need to.

  2. Zapped

    Zapped Well-Known Member

    You could go from 17 to 25 doctors and effectively end up where you are now. You might be better off downloading a copy of the OMF physicians guide to treating MECFS and taking it to a reputable GP, i.e. Internist. Then s/he can follow a general treatment plan and tailor it for your specific symptoms. Otherwise, CFS specialists are all over the board - with no specific results oriented, standardized protocols. IOW, why waste any more time, energy and dollars on iffy ‘specialists.’ :hungover: