Vegan Doctors

Empty

Following from another thread, I was reminded of the "blood type" diet. Initially, I researched this diet as it was recommended to me years ago but I went about it the hard way. I came to the conclusion it was nonsense.

I just thought to run it through Nutrition Facts and lo and behold, it is there. So here it is:

Empty

I do use kelp. I have a thyroid tumor and find it helps with my thyroid functioning. I have issues with T3 conversion.

As for fat. You need a certain amount or you will find your skin will get over dry, you may have more brain fog. The brain is made up of fat. We need the right kinds to function properly. When I first started this way of living, I was just as strict as you are. Now I'm adding back some fats. My doc said the whole food, good fats - we don't need to worry about counting. Everything in moderation. Just saturated fats and animal fats are what are really no's.

Olive oil isn't a whole food. Olives are. So if it is in its whole form, in moderation - it's good. I did add a DHA supplement from an algae source. It really made a difference for brain fog. I also find coconut milk to be very helpful. If you don't have enough fat, I found I stayed hungry. Despite using my leptin helper supplement - Integra Lean.

I have recently discovered I do horrible with grains. This is going to be another challenge. To be a vegan without grains. I've been listening to an Alzheimmers summit. Very enlightening. There was a common conclusion from all the speakers. There are 3 things that must go in the diet - grains, sugar and dairy. The other thing that is a must is to keep moving - exercising if only 10 minute walks at a time. Helps keep blood flows to brain better. Having watched, and caregiving for, my parents die with dementia - I don't want it. Diet is key.

Issie

@Issie, I came across this lady who cured her thyroid cancer and dissolved the tumour. Dr.Ruby Lathon PhD, Roadmap to Holistic Health, thought it may be of some use. Certainly interesting stuff:

http://www.rubylathon.com/

Last edited:

Empty

I personally feel that legal action ought to be taken with any Doctor who "prescribes" this crap/carcinogen to me or the M.E. community.

I am not sure if they will win. Morally and ethically they should, but there is such ignorance and corruption.

Last edited:

Empty

Understanding Protein.
N.B. The link in the above post is down.
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-protein-combining-myth/

There is a handy transcript button.

See this section on the link above for more live links:

"DOCTOR'S NOTE
Do Vegetarians Get Enough Protein? is the video in which I cover protein quantity.

Plant Protein [is] Preferable not just because food is a package deal,

but because of less aging enzyme activation (Caloric Restriction vs. Animal Protein Restriction), less sulphur containing amino acids (Bowel Wars: Hydrogen Sulfide vs. Butyrate) such as methionine (Methionine Restriction as a Life Extension Strategy), lower acid-forming capacity in the kidneys (Protein Source: An Acid Test for Kidney Function), less putrefaction in the colon (Putrefying Protein and “Toxifying” Enzymes) and no inflammatory response (Which Type of Protein is Better for Our Kidneys?).

Plant protein also doesn’t have the same effect on the cancer promoting growth hormone IGF-1 that I discuss in the cancer section of my Food as Medicine presentation."

Last edited:

Empty

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27886704

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity. Low intake of saturated fat and high intakes of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, soy products, nuts, and seeds (all rich in fiber and phytochemicals) are characteristics of vegetarian and vegan diets that produce lower total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and better serum glucose control. These factors contribute to reduction of chronic disease. Vegans need reliable sources of vitamin B-12, such as fortified foods or supplements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_of_Nutrition_and_Dietetics

The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the United States' largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, and represents over 100,000 credentialed practitioners — registered dietitian nutritionists, dietetic technicians, registered, and other dietetics professionals holding undergraduate and advanced degrees in nutrition and dietetics

The Academy has given low ratings to the high-protein, low-carb diet known as the Atkins Diet, insisting that the diet is "unhealthy and the weight loss is temporary."[30] The Academy maintains that carbohydrates are not responsible for weight gain any more than other forms of calories.

Last edited:

Empty

At No. 67 Andrew Taylor (spudfit who I have been very motivated by and followed his progress on this thread) dubbed "the incredible shrinking man" made it in the top 100 vegans on plant based news...! Have thoroughly enjoyed watching his positive transformation and success in real time...

Matthieu Ricard dubbed the "happiest man on the planet", a Vegan of 5 years comes in at No. 58.

Mic The Vegan comes in at No.52

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources