Vegan Doctors

Empty

Well, going strong here! (after a seasonal relapse). Hate saying that though and may not mention it again - keep it as underground health. Maybe we have all had a xmas miracle :).

Much improved mental clarity, cognition, focus, physical and mental endurance etc. Still free from MCS, gut, EMF, issues, as just tested that again by spraying a load of perfume and chemicals all over me. Momentum maybe building up now to help. Having that buffer helps.

Just use regular soap and washing powder.

I don't think I mentioned this but I didn't realise how lumpy my lymph areas were until this has healed. This is from the hormonal change catalysed by the low fat.

My breast tissue has really changed and is amazing now. Smooth and fuller without lumps.

Still hit and miss with seaweed and fat levels though. PEM resolves quickly.

Taking inspiration from the extreme vegan athletes as I am a nuisance for not adhering 100%. (just had 2 deicious gf mince pies and soy custard bag of crisps and coffee for breakfast) oops.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/24/vegan...diet-has-made-him-stronger-than-ever-5351168/

Empty

Spudfit succeeds his year on a potato only diet and is now eating a wholefoods, plant based diet. Looking forward to watching him train 2017 .

Empty

After years of having a problem with caffiene I have now had a complete cure from sensitivity to caffiene. Adrenal glands fixed?

Just to test this I drunk coffee and caffiene drinks. Increased my tolerance to it and got to an un- respectable 3 cups of coffee and 3 energy drinks in a day and found my limit.

Am now off it again as it was just a short experiment, with no damage done, but recommend to myself that coffee is all round bad despite the appearance of seemingly positive results from a cup or two and despite ME doctors recommending it to ME patients.

Empty

Well, a nice end to Veganuary, I never thought I would see this - Dr.Oz promotes Veganism...!

madie

I just finished a 5-month whole-foods vegan experiment to lower cholesterol. Imagine my shock when I got my blood results and everything is worse (except that HDL increased with everything else). My total cholesterol is now over 350. Also all those carbs increased triglycerides.

I like everything about being vegan except that it's unhealthy for me. Sigh.

So I'm back to eating fish and lower carb vegetables, and grains as a treat. I bit the bullet and went on statins - my first medication since I tried LDN. I've obviously got the wrong cholesterol genes, and I actually need the support.

Empty

I just finished a 5-month whole-foods vegan experiment to lower cholesterol. Imagine my shock when I got my blood results and everything is worse (except that HDL increased with everything else). My total cholesterol is now over 350. Also all those carbs increased triglycerides.

I like everything about being vegan except that it's unhealthy for me. Sigh.

So I'm back to eating fish and lower carb vegetables, and grains as a treat. I bit the bullet and went on statins - my first medication since I tried LDN. I've obviously got the wrong cholesterol genes, and I actually need the support.

Sorry to hear that madie.

Can I ask what a weekly meal plan looked like for you?

madie

Sorry to hear that madie.

Can I ask what a weekly meal plan looked like for you?

I just cook what I feel like eating - I make it up as I go along. But the template was soy milk, often with cocoa, stevia, lots of mornings. Sometimes oat groats, sometimes granola, often chia + flax + oat bran cooked with blueberries, or amaranth, or leftover dinner. I kept a 1:1:1 mixture of peas, corn, and lima beans in the fridge, which I ate very frequently for the protein and fiber, with Bragg's. Lentils, garbanzo beans, occasionally split peas as soup. Then always cooked vegetables, frequently as stir fries, frequently with tofu. I also like chunks of zucchini cooked in a little oil, slow cooked carrots, slow cooked onions, cole slaw, and broccoli. All plain or with Bragg's. Potatoes rarely, as I avoid nightshades, and winter squash and sweet potatoes sometimes.

I was consciously eating high carb, high fiber, and as much protein as I could reasonably get.

Empty

Thanks for sharing that Madie.

That is why I have created this thread, as a supportive resource for plant based eating.

I have pmd you :)

Last edited:

Empty

Spudfit update. Last year he focused on the Spuds and losing all the weight. This year he focuses on the Fit. He didn't like his swim though. I don't think swimming will be his thing. Maybe cycling and weights? Great to see True North. Food looks absolutely delicious. Thai noodles, golden gravy. Must try some of these recipes. Great to see the McDougall Advanced study weekend. He also has a book out called Spudfit. I may just have to buy it! I have really enjoyed watching his real life progress.

Empty

HHV introduce a new channel Mastering Diabetes with a support group. Robbie a type 1 diabetic explaining that carbohydrates are not the problem but intracellular fat. Eats a HCLF diet.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources