Vegan Doctors

madie

My sister has been vegetarian for 30 years, and she's the only one of us to get breast cancer. I don't know how much dairy she eats, but the PubMed literature review described above did not specify dairy-free as an important component of a cancer-beating diet.

My take is that this doctor has an agenda and that in some cases he's squeezing facts pretty hard to fit them into his reality.

Empty

My sister has been vegetarian for 30 years, and she's the only one of us to get breast cancer. I don't know how much dairy she eats, but the PubMed literature review described above did not specify dairy-free as an important component of a cancer-beating diet.

My take is that this doctor has an agenda and that in some cases he's squeezing facts pretty hard to fit them into his reality.

Sorry to hear about your Sister. Vegetarians often hit the dairy hard and have high fat diets. But diet and breast cancer is a different topic. Can you explain specifically what you mean as I do not understand?
The video is thoroughly covering BLV and we are awaiting the landmark study?

Last edited:

madie

In "Best diet..." at 1 minute there's a screen shot of the best cancer-prevention diet according to the expert report. It says to choose a diet that is predominantly plant based and says nothing about dairy, or even meat. At 1:18 the doctor rewords this as "vegan, or plant based;" the study says nothing about vegan. He also specifies prostate cancer for men and breast cancer for women without referencing this from the study. This creates the impression that this huge literature review supports a vegan diet for prevention of breast and prostate cancers. If it does, he has not given any direct evidence.

I'm personally in favor of a whole foods very simple vegan diet. That's how I eat. I just get frustrated when science gets manipulated.

Last edited:

Empty

I have not been able to find fault with this Doctor. To me he is so refreshing to find which is why I have stuck with him for a while, to learn more. I think his agenda is truth.

I will look again at the video though to see the change, I can understand the frustration, I am very tired after a hectic day and even though you point right to it - can't see it.

Is your Sister aware of Nutritionfacts.org? There is a lot on breast cancer and green tea etc. With already being a vegetarian, it may be something she finds useful.

madie

Thanks for your concern for my sister. This happened a year ago, it was caught tiny on a mammogram, and was completely removed. But the experience made me sensitive to claims that a vegetarian diet "prevents" breast cancer.

In case I wasn't clear, there's a screen shot at 1 minute, and at 1:18 he SAYS "vegan" as a replacement for the screen-shot words "plant based."

This isn't a big deal to me! I was just sharing what I noticed.

Empty

Thanks for your concern for my sister. This happened a year ago, it was caught tiny on a mammogram, and was completely removed. But the experience made me sensitive to claims that a vegetarian diet "prevents" breast cancer.

In case I wasn't clear, there's a screen shot at 1 minute, and at 1:18 he SAYS "vegan" as a replacement for the screen-shot words "plant based."

Oh I am pleased about that. Great news :)

After checking and checking again, checking some more at 1.18 I still couldn't find your reference - and then....

I thought to check the right video lol

I had been on the BLV video.

I can probably guess what it is, the Paleo? Keto? Vegan? video is not done by nutrition facts but by a channel called 80 10 10 in London. Its patched together footage and wording.

Yes, it is nowhere near as professional as going straight to the source Nutritionfacts.org

:)

Empty

Yes, I appreciate the share. Very helpful.

Empty

The challenge is always to do trials to see if your treatment works. This study on blueberry is conducted by the blueberry council. There was no conflict of interest declared. However the Doctor does write that it would be good to get this checked independently.

Here is what we have. 6 weeks on blueberries doubles your NK cells. A cup of goji berries did nothing.

Cardamom and Black pepper then make these NK cells 10 x more efficient again doing nothing by themselves.

I completely forgot about blueberries. These must form my daily staple and are easy to throw into my banana smoothy.

I have never used cardamom before.

Last edited:

Empty

Again, I have forgotten about garlic and onion. I think because I no longer use oil. Was on the fence with them.
May start to include them again.

Empty

Recipes to get creative:

I bet there is nothing in the world as good as pink juice with green foam!

Last edited:

Empty

As many as 37% of breast cancer cases may be attributable to Bovine Leukemia Virus:

Very interesting.

Last edited:

Empty

"Turning on and off kidney dysfunction like a light switch, based on what was going into their mouths..."

Which is better a Tofu Salad Sandwich or a Tuna Salad Sandwich? Same amount of protein but...

Empty

http://nutritionfacts.org/2016/11/22/how-a-low-carb-diet-is-metabolically-like-being-obese/

Free fatty acids (meaning fat circulating in the bloodstream not packaged into triglycerides) result in inflammation, toxic fat breakdown products, and oxidative stress, which can gum up the insulin receptor pathway and lead to insulin resistance in our muscles.

Insulin resistance is what causes prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. I explain the process in my video What Causes Insulin Resistance? As the level of fat in the blood rises, the body’s ability to clear sugar from the blood drops dramatically.

Where does this fat in our blood that’s wreaking all this havoc come from? It comes from the fat that we eat and from the fat that we wear......

Last edited:

Empty

A few new Vegan Doctors I haven't yet checked out in this great video by Klaus @ Plant based news. Thanks! Some really good statements from these Doctors backed up by solid science.

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources