POTS Inexplicably Improves After Topical DMSO Applications

Discussion in 'Dysautonomia - Problems Standing, POTS, NMH, etc' started by Wayne, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Issie

Issie Well-Known Member

That sounds amazing. Using the cream is helping. But not completely. I have too much inflammation going on. May need internal treatment too.

Issie

2. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

WO
    Wow...

3. Issie

Issie Well-Known Member

Does she say where in Mexico? I'm not far from there. Appears there are some alternative cancer treatment centers here in Phoenix that uses it. But I'm guessing they may be real expensive. I need to check it out.

Issie

4. Issie

Issie Well-Known Member

5. madie

madie Well-Known Member

I've ordered it! I already use magnesium oil, so I'll mix them together. I like your directions: slather it on. I'm also interested in taking it orally, to see what happens.

I've been experimenting with hemp oil again, with mixed results. It gave me intolerable physical symptoms at low doses, but then when I stopped, my energy was better. I might try rubbing it on with the DMSO and see what happens.

Thanks @Wayne for another thing to try.

Wayne likes this.
  6. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Hi Madie,

So nice to hear from you! :) I too have thought I'd eventually get around to mixing DMSO with some kind of cannabis product. Those two compounds together could prove to be quite a potent therapy.
    -
    It seems there's no end to some of the remarkable things I run across about DMSO. I decided to read an old 1964 LIFE magazine article on it, and came across a couple of really interesting sections.

1) ... A doctor friend of his twisted an ankle one day, and Jacob promptly daubed it with DMSO. Later, looking at X-rays of the lower leg, both Jacob and his friend were horrified to learn that DMSO had killed the pain so effectively that the man had been walking around for four hours with a broken shinbone.

2) [Back in 1964] ... started looking for new uses for DMSO as a solvent. "We tried it first on notoriously hard-to-dissolve substances like pesticides," he recalls. "DMSO dissolved them easily. We then checked to see how pesticides in DMSO worked on trees. We found they began to move around with amazing speed--not just in the conducting systems under the bark, but right through nonliving layers of wood. The pesticides were colored so we could see them spreading out."

Agricultural experts helped adapt this discovery into a method which may do away with conventional spraying of trees. Pesticides in DMSO are piped into trees the way intravenous drips are put into the arms of patients. They spread to protect leaves and fruit from an impressive roster of mildews, blights, scabs and cankers. DMSO has other agricultural possibilities and even seems to rejuvenate fruit trees that have become barren.
    Here's a final note about DMSO and heavy metals from a separate article. Interestingly, the health website--Advanced Rejuvenation Institute--where I got the below snippet offers IV DMSO at their clinic in Atlanta, Georgia.

Are There Other Benefits to DMSO?

Yes. DMSO can assist in Heavy Metal Detoxification. Heavy metals ( mercury, lead, aluminum, cadmium, arsenic, nickel ) are very difficult to detoxify from, and they are the root of many diseases. Sulfur is a mineral and a major ingredient of certain amino acids, which bind with minerals or heavy metals. Body drops heavy metals for minerals, which in this case would be sulfur. Amino acids substitute sulfur for toxic heavy metals, bind with them, and eliminate them via urination, defecation and sweating. Also, DMSO is efficient at scavenging free radicals. It is perfect anti-oxidant.​

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    madie likes this.
  7. madie

madie Well-Known Member

I went to @Issie 's link and then emailed the woman who apparently wrote the website copy. She recommends mixing the DMSO with coconut oil. I looked at DMSO creams, and they seem to be 70% DMSO and 30% oils. Maybe this would stop the skin reactions?

I've been wandering around on DMSO sites also. One talked about oral doses of 2-3 tablespoons, never mentioning anything lower. So please keep talking about your results at 1 teaspoon.

Wayne likes this.
  8. Issie

Issie Well-Known Member

The DMSO cream I bought has aloe and rose in it. No bad affects on my skin and I'm super sensitive. No body odor or bad breath. Seems to be helping. But not completely. Maybe need stronger amount. Thinking either oral or IV.

Issie

9. Hezza

Hezza Active Member

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this. You mentioned improvements in your POTS. Has it just been your BP or has your HR improved as well? Also, you mentioned possible detox side effects yet you slathered it on, have you personally experienced any detox side effects?

10. Hezza

Hezza Active Member

Hi @Issie
    Can you post a link to the one you bought?

11. madie

madie Well-Known Member

@Wayne my DMSO arrived today, and I've been going back through this thread for ideas. When you added GABA and got help with sleep, did you take the GABA orally, or mix it with DMSO? I note your comment that DMSO carries it across the BBB, so.....did you crush it up?

Cannabis won't be available in my state until next year, but I have CBD oil. It's on my list of DMSO experiments. Would you please post if and when you experiment with either one in DMSO?

12. Issie

Issie Well-Known Member

13. Hezza

Hezza Active Member

Thanks @Issie!
    Hi @Wayne,
    Thanks so much for posting about your experience with this. You mentioned improvements in your POTS. Has it just been your BP or has your HR improved as well? Also, you mentioned possible detox side effects yet you slathered it on, have you personally experienced any detox side effects?

14. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

I only took as much as a teaspoon once, and it turned out to be way too much for me. I ended up feeling like I was out of it, and fairly overwhelmed, which I chocked up to a significant detox reaction. I was also really thirsty for the next several hours, and drank a LOT of water. I now use the amount of thirst I'm feeling as part of a gauge on how my body is reacting to the amount of DMSO I'm taking.

Another gauge I've discovered is that I can begin to feel a bit over-stimulated, or even a bit on edge if I've taken too much. This can manifest by my needing to walk to regain my normal sense of calm or rhythm, or by an inability to stay focused--perhaps a bit like an ADD experience. This is quite different than the experience I have when I feel I've got more of an optimal amount of DMSO in my system, which generally brings on a greater sense of calm and well being.

My experience has been that I have more leeway with the amount of DMSO in my system applying it topically than I do when taking it internally. It takes quite a lot to feel I've taken too much when applied topically. I've learned not to take more than about a dozen drops or so at a time when taking it internally, though I generally do this several times a day.

I also get thirsty easier when taking it internally, and my wife notices it on my breath more readily as well--which I ask her to give me continuous feedback on. -- Even though the ultra-pure DMSO is often advertised to be odorless, that's not been the case for me. But it is a FAR more benign odor than the DMSO I used years ago that was less pure.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    madie likes this.
  15. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

My POTS is variable these days. Always better than before starting DMSO. Sometimes only a bit better, but more often a LOT better. Working in the kitchen on projects used to be nerve wracking for me, as I would have this tick, tick, tick... going on in my head, as I knew I had a very limited amount time to get something done, sometimes only a minute or so.

I can now generally work on my kitchen projects without having that disconcerting time clock ticking down on me (which would often be accompanied my a certain sense of panic). -- My HR situation has not changed much. I thought I had stabilized in the 50's, but just took it a couple days ago and it was 42.

16. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Hi @madie,

I may not have mentioned it earlier, but the straight 100% DMSO needs to be diluted down for most DMSO applications. The most recommended dilution is 70%. I myself use 66.6%, as it's easy to do a 2 parts DMSO, 1 part purified water solution. Interestingly, when mixing them together, it creates a heat, which lasts as long as a couple of hours.

I took GABA orally. I had bought it in bulk in powder form and added it to a drink. I'm now adding a few drops of DMSO to these drinks as well, though I didn't do this in the beginning. I would guess taking GABA and DMSO together might be a bit more effective, but can't say for sure.

Experimenting with cannabis is something I'm looking forward to doing with a certain sense of anticipation. Just seems like it could have an enormous amount of potential for quite a number of conditions.

madie likes this.
  17. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

A Few Miscellaneous DMSO Notes...

1) My neighbor recently had a serious fall, and inured his shoulder and both wrists and arms. He applied some "old" (less-purified) DMSO on all those areas. He ended up having a semi-serious skin reaction on his shoulder, but not on his wrists and arms. This was yesterday, but his skin has mostly recovered by today. Good example of how skin in different parts of our body will react differently to the DMSO.

2) When applying DMSO topically for any particular condition, I've read a good application schedule is about once every four hours.

3) I've seen the word "supple" used when describing some of the effects of DMSO, like for cartilage, ligaments, skin, or in particular scars. When I began taking fairly large amounts of MSM (related to DMSO) several years ago, I began to experience a fair amount of itching in a scar I had. I've now had the same experience with DMSO, but to a lesser degree.

4) I've had a fairly continuous (daily) twitch underneath my left eye for the past 1-2 years. Some days it would last just a short while, other days it could become quite a nuisance. I've been putting a generous amount of my DMSO / Magnesium Oil mixture on my face these days, and always make sure I get plenty around my eyes. Just realized a couple days ago that twitch has been gone for quite some time now.

5) I've seen many references to what a powerful anti-oxidant DMSO is, with one author stating it was the most potent anti-oxidant there is. I have to admit, it came across to me as a bit of hyperbole, but who knows. It's probably safe to say however that DMSO is a pretty powerful antioxidant.

6) Re: skin reactions. I had read that they lessen over time, and that's been the case for me. I've also noticed my facial skin has a better tone than before I started experimenting with all this stuff. Some age spots have lightened considerably. -- Whenever I apply DMSO topically, I do so in combination with Magnesium Oil. Generally about 1 part DMSO to 2 parts Magnesium Oil. I also occasionally spray aloe vera juice on my skin afterwards, which feels really good.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    madie likes this.
  18. Tami

Tami Active Member

Didn't know about topical magnesium or DSMO. Thanks everyone for all the info.

19. Tami

Tami Active Member

Found what seems to me a good site for anyone who might know as little as I about DMSO.
    (Hope I'm not pasting one of the links posted by one of you ;) --don't think so, though.)
    http://www.dmso.org/articles/information/muir.htm

20. madie

madie Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I went out and bought some distilled water to make a solution like yours, which I will now use with coconut oil. "Diluting" it with 1/3 coconut oil wasn't working. 1) it doesn't mix, and 2) after a few days my fingertips turned pruney. It seems that DMSO pulls water out of the body, so it's important to mix it with water. It does get hot for an hour or so!