I don’t know if “Your Best Sleep Ever” online summit has the answers for anyone, but I do know that one thing they say is true: “It’s really hard to heal when you’re not sleeping well”. As we’ll shortly see, sleep – good or bad – affects just about every part of the body. Good sleep is healing sleep; in fact, one sleep specialist calls it the “universal healer”.
It’s not as if good sleep adds some sort of healing bonus, either. Nothing substitutes for good sleep. No drug, no supplement, no dietary protocol, no mindfulness practice can make up for poor sleep. If you don’t have it, then you’re missing something.
As Health Rising begins its own sleep series of blogs, “Your Best Sleep Ever” Online Summit is coming at an opportune time. This isn’t to say that the Summit provides all the secrets for better sleep. It’s the latest of a long series of online health summits which, truth be told, sometimes provide the same lineup of experts.
This summit, though, which lasts from March 16 – 22nd, seems a bit different. I don’t recognize many of the faces, and the presentations seem pretty pragmatic. They’re a reminder that getting better sleep – if it happens – is probably going to take some work.
As with other online health summits of this ilk, the presenters provide alternative or functional health approaches to sleep; i.e. prescription drugs are generally not their cup of tea. (There is an “Issues Linked to Prescription Sleep Medication”, presentation, though).
Instead, you’ll get a kind of “softer” approach which focuses more on sleep hygiene, non-toxic bedrooms, calming practices, supplements and diet to get better sleep.
It’s not all “soft”, though. After surgery to remove an ovarian cyst, the life of the host, Misty Williams, took a wrong turn. Life-threatening complications, an endometriosis diagnosis, and apparently “normal” lab tests offered her a dark future of more drugs and more surgeries.
Suffering from fatigue and sleep issues caused by low hormones, hypothyroidism, stress, Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) reactivation and unexplained weight gain, she turned to alternative health/functional medicine practices and was able to turn her health around using alternative health means (hormones and EBV are part of this summit).
The Summit includes talks on:
- Daytime strategies to improve your sleep quality
- Creating a bedroom for optimal sleep
- Issues linked to prescription sleep medication
- Sleep benefits of intermittent fasting and a keto diet
- Using food to activate your parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system
- Link between gut issues and sleep
- Release nightmares and sleep all night
- Fall asleep faster, sleep longer and wake up fresher
- Support circadian rhythms and pain management with CBD
- Boost progesterone production
- Nuturing deep sleep with meditation and mindfulness
- Protocol for boosting moods and restoring sleep
- Cold therapy for deep sleep and immune function
- What should you look for in a mattress?
- How do you choose a non-toxic bed?
- Choosing an air filter to improve sleep
- Speed up off-gassing of toxic materials.
On a personal note, I’m most interested in the talks around “Protecting Yourself From a Toxic Home” series of talks since, while I can work indoors, I have real trouble sleeping indoors.
Registering for “Your Best Sleep Ever” Online Summit
This Summit works like the one in the past have: registering – which is free – allows you to access each of the talks on the day they are presented.
It also gives you pre-Summit access to 4 talks on:
- 5 Energy Types That Cause Sleep Issues
- How Probiotics May Impact Your Sleep
- GABA and Tryptophan for Anxiety and Insomnia
- Protecting Yourself from a Toxic Home.
Plus, 2 “eGuides” from Misty Williams, the conference creator.
“Create Your Sleep Sanctuary eGuide”, which contains:
- how making changes to your home and daily routine can help you get the restful, restorative sleep you’ve been craving!
“How Are You Wired to Sleep?”, which includes:
- how melatonin induces sleep (and how to supplement if you need it), and why women, in particular, need progesterone to sleep
- how to supplement GABA for stress and anxiety
- the 4 genetic chronotypes that influence when and how long you should sleep.
Register for the Summit here
Buying the Summit
As soon as you register, you’ll be provided an option to buy the talks. You can buy a package that allows you to access the talks online whenever you want ($59), or download them to your computer ($99), or watch them online anytime and get a transcript book ($99).
If you buy the Summit, you’ll also get access to a bunch of ebooks.
Health Rising is an affiliate for this Summit and will receive a portion of all sales.
Make sure you don’t miss another one by registering for our free ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia blogs here...
Tell us how your coronavirus vaccination went and find out how other people with ME/CFS and/or FM fared with their coronavirus vaccination in Health Rising’s Coronavirus Vaccine Side Effects Poll.