It’s that time again. Health Rising’s BIG (little) fundraising drive. We call it the BIG (little) fundraising drive because it’s our BIG drive but our needs – though real – are small compared to the research and advocacy organizations that are doing so much for us. We make a big splash on the internet (see below) but we don’t need a ton of money. Supporting Health Rising returns a pretty good bang for your buck.
That’s because Health Rising is a lean organization that consists of me (Cort) and Stavya (part-time technical ace), plus our volunteer editor and our occasional volunteer bloggers.
We use your support to keep reporting, to keep roofs over Stavya’s and my heads, and to support Health Rising’s growth.
Finding Answers for COVID-19
The pandemic left many of us looking for answers and Health Rising tried to be there in uncertain times. In order to do so, we kind of went poll crazy. We started off with our initial coronavirus vaccine side-effects poll. That was followed by a vaccine improvement poll, a poll targeting the severely ill, and finally, our recent mega vaccine poll which filled in some of the missing gaps.
Along the way, we also asked ME/CFS experts to give their recommendations and published Brendan’s blog asking if there wasn’t a better way. All that work hit a vein – over 350,000 people visited HR’s six coronavirus vaccine polls and blogs over the past ten months.
We were naturally focused on safety last year. Our focus (notwithstanding the Omicron variant) will hopefully change quite a bit next year. Health Rising will continue to focus on ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, and related diseases, but as it does it’ll be on the lookout for the possibilities that the coronavirus, for all the death and destruction it’s caused, will surely provide.
With over a billion dollars devoted to long COVID research in the U.S. alone, I would be gobsmacked if the long-COVID research doesn’t bring major insights and, in the end, treatments, for long COVID, ME/CFS, FM, and similar diseases. Our goal is to bring the breakthroughs and treatment possibilities that show up as quickly, completely, and accurately to you as we can.
Over the next month or so we’ll also reveal several programs that aim to illuminate the costs of ME/CFS in a way that’s never been done before, and which provide new ways to communicate, collaborate, and more easily find good doctors.
Eight Ways to Support Health Rising
Our goal is to raise $60,000 over the course of this drive.
(1) Become a Recurring PayPal Donor – Health Rising’s 322 recurring donors provide our financial bedrock. They allow me to sleep better at night. 🙂
The great thing about recurring donations is that even if they’re small they really add up. You might not notice the $5, $10, or more dollars going Health Rising’s way monthly but we do. It all adds up.
To become a recurring donor, simply go to the PayPal widget below or to the right sidebar of any page, click the amount you would like to donate ($5, $10, $15, etc.), and hit the Subscribe button.
Or, if you’re doing a one-time donation, PayPal will give you the option of making it a recurring one.
(2) Already a Recurring PayPal Donor? Want to give more? – (Want to give more than the current options allow? Just let me know! :)) Simply contact me using the Contact form (upper right hand of the page) stating that. I will stop your current donation and you can restart it.
(3) Become a Recurring Donor with Online Banking (non-PayPal) – Not happy with PayPal? Use Bill Pay or similar programs at your bank to send checks straight to us. If you’re with Wells Fargo, we can set up automatic monthly donations. Please contact me via the contact form (upper right-hand of the page).
(4) Make a One-Time PayPal Donation — One-time donations are Health Rising’s biggest source of income.
Use our handy donation widget to make a one-time or recurring donation. (To give a recurring donation, click on the amount and then click “subscribe”.)
HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT
404 Boulder Hwy
PO Box 91245
Henderson, NV 89015.
(6) Get Rid of Those Darn Currency Conversion Charges – Use Bitcoin! – Bitcoin has been very good to us. A Bitcoin donation from around ten years ago is now worth almost ten times what it was.
If you’re not a U.S. resident those currency conversion charges can be killers. Make those charges a distant memory by using our Coinbase account to funnel some bitcoin our way. Our Bitcoin address is 18D9JkiGxPcpx8RYNcG5p2Be1joU9J6v5D
Outside the Box
(7) Amazon gift cards! – Amazon is Health Rising’s go-to place to get electronic accessories, books, stuff for the vehicle, etc. Simply go here, find your gift card and put my email address (email@example.com) in the “To:” box, and voila – instant Amazon gift card!
(8) Amazon Affiliate Sales – Amazon’s affiliate payments are surprisingly generous! If you’re in the U.S. simply search in the Amazon box on the lower right-hand side of any page on this website. Anything that you put in your cart and buy from that search will qualify for an Amazon affiliate payment to Health Rising. (Things that are already in your cart will not). You don’t pay any fees or anything like that. It’s a win-win situation. 🙂
Have some more ideas? Please let us know.